Womens Running

Try again Thursdailies (Read 12 times)

Damaris, your London saga is unbelievable.  Good luck finding a solution. If you have to defer, i hope you find something else to do for your vacay. 

Post, ladies!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Nothing too exciting here. Might try a joggity jog later. Weather is nice so why not. Starting to get things organized for an aid station at Miwok 100k on 5/4.  I took that on since the prior captains wanted to retire. Easier to organize than the one I used to do at Western States.  Working 2x a week in office next week, blah. Going in M/F.

Anonymous Guest

So upset on your behalf, Damaris. If you defer, would you look for a marathon close by in the next week or two to take advantage of your training? Glass City, Illinois, probably lots of others in driving distance, but probably won't have the weather you were expecting. I liked the Illinois Marathon - fast and flat - but I don't know if someone that didn't go to school there would enjoy it as much. I guess the other option is just use the training to build on the next cycle. So very frustrating.

Feeling kinda stiff and sore here, so taking a rest day. Another hot and humid morning anyway, so don't mind missing that. I actually got a decent amount of sleep last night after worrying/obsessing about stuff the last few nights. Riley's >$3000 meds for $61 are supposed to get here today, so that worry is done. I got all the campsites switched around in Big Bend, so that worry is done. Figured out some other logistical issues for the trip, so that worry is done. I love doing trips, but the perfectionist and people pleaser sides of me take a big toll leading up to it.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ooh, Champagne is also next weekend? I thought of Glass City but the forecast makes me wonder.

Off to check Illinois.

MTA, looks even worse weather. And thunderstorms.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Anonymous Guest

Sorry, the Illinois girl in me couldn't resist.

I think Damaris deserves Champagne, to be fair.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Jim Thorpe is next weekend. Rail trail,  downhill. Sounds really small and very limited course support. But downgrade.

Anonymous Guest

I think Damaris deserves Champagne, to be fair.

You're not wrong there.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We might have booked a delta flight. What's another $2K? Stay tuned.

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Damaris when I saw your post on FB I thought it was a late April Fool joke. I'm sorry. I hope you can get that Delta flight and that your original airline reimburses you fully. I know that you trained really hard and were excited for this event. Please keep us posted.

Me? No running again today.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So far, at the airport and everything is on time. We are separated to London so we will see.

Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Damaris, glad you're on your way!  Enjoy and have fun.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024