Womens Running

Manageable Monday (Over 40) (Read 26 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Is your Monday going to be manageable? Smile Mine would be more so if I could sleep about 2 more hours. Roll eyes

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

MyMomRuns, very sorry about the leg and am sending you some healing vibes.  <~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fran50, welcome to the thread. I’m 70 years old, do not race, but love running. DH is in a nursing home. DS lives down in VA. I work full time at a public library.

Ginny, I feel the same way…I need some days to not have to do anything! We are having to take a week’s vacation in May because they are replacing some desks and all the lower floor carpeting.

About remarriage: many women would not want to remarry because it would be too hard to train another husband.  HA!

Fire Jumper, we runners are ALL like the princess and the pea. This includes “princes” as well.

Friday I did a 60 minute run on the track and decided to forego the cardio for the weekend.

Saturday was SDO.

Sunday was 60 minutes out on the trail with Sunday Buddy. His hip is getting better so we ran more.

Today will be a track run, then cardio DVD.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 7 recovery miles and weights tonight.  Race week for me is here and I'm freaking out.

judyruns, not sure if Monday is manageable, period.  2 more hours would be nice.  Nice workouts.

Have a great day, all!

Damaris

Bikerchick1

Judy - Glad to see you taking a SDO....we all need those!

Damarias - What race are you ding this week-end?

Going to be a long day here....I have a Colonoscopy tomorrow..so liquids all day....getting my to-do list ready to keep self busy all day.  I never mind doing these - crazy I know, but my mom had Colon cancer at 52 - so it is always a relief to have it done.

Carol

camille2

Good morning! Busy weekend here!

Fran, sounds like you are doing great.  I stopped and started many times before I became consistent.  RW/RA forums helped me.

Laura, congrats on the race. Nice that you helped your friend.

Ginny, hope you enjoyed your at home day.  We all need them now and then.

Linda, thanks for that article on tapering!  Very interesting.

Carol, sounds like a good race for you!  Congrats!

Sue and Lisa, healing vibes.

Just an easy run on schedule today. Have a great day!

Good Morning!  Decided to take a break from group power weight class this week so I swam.  I hope I don't pay for it later.  Back is still sore, but I am hoping I can run tomorrow.

OMG----I registered for Augusta 70.3 this morning!!!!   September 29th.  Several of my friends are doing it too.

Happy Monday!

Rse

Is your Monday going to be manageable? Smile Mine would be more so if I could sleep about 2 more hours. Roll eyes

Post.

I did sleep in 2 hours today -- no, actually I just got up 2 hours later

Now that I've lost those hours to sleep it may be tricky to make my Monday Manageable.

I wish it were Extra Sleep but, no, insomnia caught me by surprise.

I hope this doesn't turn into a N-SDO.

judyruns - Thanks for the welcome.  I do not race either.  I may complete an event here or there but not racing.

Damaris -

Good luck throughout this race-week and on race day

Carol - Congrats on your recent race. You sound as though you will be busy today!  Always good to receive the medical all-clear that's for sure.

Camille - Thanks, and I'm hoping "this time" will be my consistent time.  A quick glance at my log will show that I have a difficult time being consistent after the 2-month mark, which I am yet approaching again.  So far I'm determined to stay with it "again"

CrazySue - I hope your not sore from your swim.  That's on "my list,  become even somewhat of a swimmer

I've got a :30 jog-walk on training plan for today.

My plan was to run at dawn, but now I have to somehow fit it into my afternoon.

Thanks Everyone for being so friendly.  Have a great and Manageable Monday

Fran

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Good morning. 10.6 for me. Some misting rain towards the end.

Hi Judy. Hope you have great day.

Damaris have a great run.

Carol yuck on the colonoscopy!

Sue hope the back gets better

Fran have a great run. Many of us have stooped and restarted over the years.

Marjorie

ginnyb

Good morning,

Did run 3 this morning, and pretty speedy for me!  It was a beautiful morning for a change too!  I actually ran much later than usual, I overslept a little and then kept going back and forth or whether I should go...but finally I had to do it.  Just made my morning a little short before work.

Fran....I don't race either.  I do a lot of half marathons, but I don't race them.  I just want to beat my PR, but so far it has eluded me.

Sue..hope the back continues to heal.

Carol... I have family history of colon cancer also.  I don't mind the procedure, but everytime I take the stuff they make you take the day before, it makes me terribly sick, so not looking forward to the next one.

Marjorie...nice 10+

Judy...hope you have a manageable Monday.

Kind of funny story.  For whatever reason our local newspaper printed a front page article about the library yesterday in accordance with National Library Week.  In the article they stated that we would be open from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. today.  We are open 10-8.  What a surprise when all these patrons started streaming in at 8!  We don't even arrive until 8:30, and then it is only the full time people!  What a circus it has been.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Arimathea

Tessa

Ginny, I think you should have had the newspaper staff come and cover the desk for the hours they printed!

Susan, hope your back feels better. Ugh on losing the yarn and the pants. You're sure nobody ate it? (I know Deuce is past the worst of the chewing stage, but labs aren't that picky about what they eat...)

Fran, I figure I enter races but I'm mostly out there for a good time. I do long runs with a race number pinned to my front. Hope you can fit the run in this afternoon!

Carol, sympathy. I am not looking forward to that particular rite of passage.

Lisa, of course you can do laundry. And yes I have extra throwaway clothes AND we have a big Goodwill.

Damaris, is it a Disney race or Miami?

Camille, it's nice to make running a routine part of the morning.

Marjorie, your consistent double digits amaze me.

4.25 yesterday morning, was planning more in the afternoon but DH wanted to go to the grocery store. In hindsight I should have worn running gear and run while he was in there. I got through the entire Saturday newspaper (both LA and NY) while he was puttering around in the store.

And on Saturday I ran one route in a clockwise direction and I normally do that one counterclockwise. You notice different street signs that way, as you know.

This particular tract has bird names as the street names. Purple Martin, Sparrow, Vireo, etc.

I reckon someone either had a wicked sense of humour or none at all when they mapped out the tract and created the junction of Nutcracker and Swallow.

OMG!!!!!  TWO EXPLOSIONS NEAR THE FINISH LINE AT THE BOSTON MARATHON!!!!  INJURIES REPORTED!!!!

Just heard from one of my friends who just finished her first Boston Marathon.  She is ok.  Haven't heard from the other two yet.  Hopefully they were safely out of the area.  Sheesh!!  Can't even have a race without some horrible incident???  Area is reportedly on lockdown.

Tessa-- I did find the yarn.  Yay.  Still no pants.

Corner of Nutcracker and Swallow.....hahaha

ginnyb

This is crazy, isn't it?  What is the matter with people?  Cripes, now we have to wonder when running a race?  This really upsets me, been thinking about all this craziness in the world a lot lately.

Tessa...nutcracker and swallow.....you make me laugh so!

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Tar Heel Mom

kween

OMG, I think Julia was there supporting her brother. I hope she wasn't supporting him from anywhere near the finish line.

update: Julia posted a pic of the leaders from Newton, so maybe she never got near the finish line. I sent her a message but haven't heard from her yet.

one more update: I heard from Julia. She is ok, though shaken up. She was just 2 blocks from the explosions.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

insane.  Just insane.  Now they are saying several injuries and a few dead.  Just bad.

Marjorie