Womens Running

May The FOURTH Be With You WEEKENDS (DAILIES) (Read 21 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I did this in Lisa's honor.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

6.2 for me. Heading over to Core class in an hour. This will hurt. Smile

UUGHHH. 69 degrees with 65 dewpoint. I have to acclimate to this again because that was awful. I couldn't slow down so I felt like I was working hard the entire time. Foot was surprisingly OK in my Mizunos! I think right now it likes the extra cushion. I need a new pair. Massage was awesome yesterday. She spent a lot of time on the foot - didn't have any pain while she was working at it but afterwords I did. She used CBD oil..that was interesting.

Yesterday I finally had my sites assigned to me in the WO system so I had a TON past due. The past due ones effect my BONUS..so I was swamped yesterday trying to get those in order. I will probably do some work over the weekend as well to try to get that cleaned up. It won't always be like this..I am doing a lot of clean up from the previous Facility Manager.

Lunch with my MOH today and registry + date night with HCF tonight Smile We need a date.

Karen - LOL at Huckles! Wow, he and Ruger would get along great Smile

Lisa - Have a great race this weekend!

Lori - No worries not running this week - you are rested and ready to go! Good luck!

Margaret - Good luck and have fun this weekend!

Cathy - You have a busy weekend ahead! Have fun volunteering!

Carol - Are you running long this week?!

Sandy - Have a great time at the Derby party! GREAT news about your friend!! What a relief! Smile See, I would LOVE to do Lakefront this October..but HCF is going to want to go and he will want to stay more than 2-3 days. I just don’t have the PTO to do that this year! I wish RVA had a direct flight but there isn’t. They flights are CHEAP but they connect through Charlotte. Hard to do just a weekend trip. I need to sign up for the half now that I have my plane tickets!

Docket - GOOD LUCK ON THE RACE!!

Has anyone heard from Ginny?

Happy Weekend!

Anonymous Guest

Turned into a nice morning here, but I'm sitting on the couch drinking coffee. Well, nice as can be expected - it's 66, so a bit warm for racing. The landscapers didn't make it back yesterday due to the storms, so we've got this large area of sand in the backyard, which the dogs can't stay out of. So now I have sand all over the floor. Huckles also finally got up the nerve to get in the pool (just on the shallow ledge Riley likes) and now every time we go out he ends up there. At least he's getting the sand and mud off his paws, I guess.

Liz, that banana pudding Blue Bell - yum! If you like that, you would probably also like the Key Lime Mango Tart (if you can find it), which is still my favorite. Okay, one of my favorites. Sounds like a fun day today - also sounds like you need a fun day.

Lisa and Lori, just keep moving forward today. And tonight.

Damaris, finish the race!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Good morning and May the 4th be with you!

I dashed out of my house yesterday to get to my dad’s in time for dinner (and where I stayed last night) and forget to get a running bra with my other running stuff. Not that I have too much to support in that department, but still... So now I’m sitting outside Target waiting for them to open at 8 am. If nothing there, then the Ross across the parking lot opens at 9 am. Local running store doesn’t open until 10 am, what kind of runners do they cater to?!  (Although in fairness, they are open until 7 pm, which worked well for me when I forgot socks last time.). MTA: success!  Target came through with a running bra!

Hopefully going for a run on Mt. Tam, after acquiring a bra, and then heading over to help at my running club’s aid station at the Miwok 100k.  Cut back running week for me.

Lizzie, enjoy your lunch and date night!  Glad the foot is feeling a bit better. 26.2 on pavement is hard on the feet, no wonder they like the extra cushioning.

Karen, laughing at your post yesterday about the Huckster. I hate sand in the house. That stuff is impossible to get rid of.

Good luck to all weekend racers!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

This made me laugh out loud! I totally thought you were racing this weekend but it’s NEXT weekend! Oppsies. Have fun today!

Good morning and May the 4th be with you!

I dashed out of my house yesterday to get to my dad’s in time for dinner (and where I stayed last night) and forget to get a running bra with my other running stuff. Not that I have too much to support in that department, but still... So now I’m sitting outside Target waiting for them to open at 8 am. If nothing there, then the Ross across the parking lot opens at 9 am. Local running store doesn’t open until 10 am, what kind of runners do they cater to?!  (Although in fairness, they are open until 7 pm, which worked well for me when I forgot socks last time.). MTA: success!  Target came through with a running bra!

Hopefully going for a run on Mt. Tam, after acquiring a bra, and then heading over to help at my running club’s aid station at the Miwok 100k.  Cut back running week for me.

Lizzie, enjoy your lunch and date night!  Glad the foot is feeling a bit better. 26.2 on pavement is hard on the feet, no wonder they like the extra cushioning.

Karen, laughing at your post yesterday about the Huckster. I hate sand in the house. That stuff is impossible to get rid of.

Good luck to all weekend racers!

Anonymous Guest

All my sports bras come from Target!!

Maybe I should have gone to the local little 5K, because the overall female winner ran a 25:something. I could do better than that on recovery legs. Oh well, it would have been stupid to run fast today, good chance of injuring something. My 70+ walker won her age group. And my neighbors did a 5K down in Galveston - he is now officially faster than current me (23:11) and she is coming close (24:28, with a big jump in speed at the end, so she's faster than that).

Landscaper not coming back until Monday because it's so wet out. They would really tear up our yard getting the stones back here. I'm still cleaning floors today (in fact that's why I'm back here, I'm procrastinating on that chore) but these dang dogs are going to keep tracking it in. Sigh.

LC Runs

LIzzie - nice run!  I am waiting for humidity here lol.  Though I'm sure I'll be complaining about it soon, too!  Enjoy your day, sounds like fun!

Karen - oh yeah, sand is such a pain, we live on a dirt road and have very sandy soil, so my floors are never clean!

Margaret - OMG that is funny!!  Glad you found a bra in time!!

Good luck, Damaris, Lisa and Lori!!

5.2 for me this morning, same distance but different route than yesterday.  Amazing how many people/cars come out of the woodwork once the snow melts!

Lazy day around here for me, need to help DD unpack her car in a bit, just managed to get DS' stuff put away yesterday.  She did say most of her stuff can stay in her car since she'll be in Denmark for a few weeks and then moving  back and into an apartment.

BF is currently about 25 feet up in a tree in a harness with a chainsaw 

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, I hope you and your MOH have a nice lunch!!   Weather started at 66 here, when I finished it was 77.

Karen, too funny about Hucks!  I must say, I never would have thought of that.

Margaret, I hope success was found on the bra situation.  Have a good time at Miwok.  3 from our trail group are running it.

Just got back from a LONG but not so long walk.  I managed 8, but it felt like 80.  I wanted 10, but I had it by the time I would have done the extra 2 miles.  Oh well.  There is always next week...

Nothing on tap for today.  We had storms last night and my oldest dog was a wreck and kept me up for the duration, kinda tired.

Good thoughts to Lisa/Lori.  Bummer to you Damaris for having to cut it short.  Best to any other racers.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Running rest day for me! Heading to Body Pump later this morning. Its going to suck probably since I have taken 2 weeks off.

We had a blast yesterday! The registry "clicking" was fun Smile Put a lot of cool stuff on there - my number 1 want, an air fryer. I never even knew this existed and now I want it. LOL. Does anyone have one!? The lady at the store said we need to have around 100-150 items and we are at 86 right now. I am going to browse their website and see if they have anyone online that they didn't have in the store. We went to a really nice dinner afterwords..yum yum!

Rainy humid mess here right now. After the gym, HCF and I have to run some errands..grocery, Sams, etc. I am going to take him back to my gym so we can get him signed up for a membership. His cardiac rehab ends Wednesday. Hard to believe its been 3 months! I hope he sticks with the gym routine.

My grandpa got his breathing tube taken out yesterday. He is breathing on his own but has a morphine drop to keep him "comfortable". Its basically a hospice situation right now. Really sad. Death sucks.

Karen - Glad you like the banana pudding Blue Bell! One thing I notice about Blue Bell is the ice cream actually tastes like the description. You know, some others say they taste like something but they never do. We don’t have the Key Lime one yet..I will try it once we do! They have that special flavor out right now - cookie cake. Have you tried that? It says it has cookie chunks and icing in it!! Yes, you made the right choice in not racing. Even though you probably would have won Smile There will be plenty others! Congrats to your walker and your neighbor!

Laura - Nice miles yesterday! That is another reason why I hate Summer..too many people out. LOL. Smile Oh geez, what was your BF doing? Your DD is going to Denmark!? Fun!

Kathryn - Nice job on the walk!! Aw, poor pups. Ruger isn’t bothered by thunderstorms..but God forbid we put our hands above our head when the ceiling fan is going. He is weird.

Docket - So sorry about the race. What do you think happened? Maybe you need a mental break from racing for a while?

Have a great Sunday!

LC Runs

Happy Sunday!

Will run in a bit, enjoying some coffee and couch time at the moment!  Beautiful day here.  I actually got a slight sunburn yesterday afternoon, sitting outside.

Kat - nice miles yesterday!!

Liz - so sad about your grandpa but glad he is comfortable.  We have an air fryer and really like it, though it doesn't hold a lot of food.  I"m sure they make bigger ones.  Glad you had fun registering!  BF was cutting down dead branches, we have a lot of old trees in our neighborhood.  He did survive and is moving around normally today, thank god.  This is random, but you need to watch "Dead To Me" on Netflix, it is a new series with Christina Applegate.  Started it Friday night and it is great!

Anonymous Guest

I'm going to head out for a few easy miles here shortly. Temps are still in the 60s and humidity not through the roof, so it should be quite nice for easy running. I'm sort of planning on heading up to see my parents in a few weeks, coincidentally the same weekend as the half marathon there. I should theoretically be pretty much recovered by then and can maybe take advantage of some leftover marathon training fitness.

This is random, but you need to watch "Dead To Me" on Netflix, it is a new series with Christina Applegate.  Started it Friday night and it is great!

Yes! We watched the first two episodes Friday night as well. Love it!

Margaret, hope you had a nice run and a fun time volunteering for Miwok.

Laura, glad the kids made it home from school and BF made it down from the tree unhurt! Denmark! Your DD is going to have a blast.

Kathryn, nice job on the 8! Farther than I've gone since Glass City. One nice thing about the Huckle is that he doesn't even notice storms, which seems to have an affect on Riley as well. He will sometimes still shake and jump on my lap, but most of the time he's fine now.

Liz, so sad about your grandfather. Try to take comfort that he's comfortable. But yes, death sucks the big one. Glad you guys had fun yesterday! And yay for getting HCF a gym membership. Three months goes by fast! Back in my day you registered for everyday dishes and good china, do people still bother with that? I don't know that we've used the good stuff more than a couple times. Also, my mom tagged along when DH and I registered. She did not really like DH's choice for everyday dishes, but I did. She kept trying to get me to change them. Laughs on her, we're still using them 25 years later! I don't think I've seen the cookie cake blue bell. Over the holidays they had Christmas cookie, and that was good. And cookie two-step is a regular for me, so I am guessing I'd like the cookie cake one.

Lot of posts from Lisa on fb about her 24 hour experience. Lori, how did it go for you?

Kilmisters

Lisa ran 74mi iirc Smile Nice one!

21k LR for me today, will bring water/energy gels to try those out. Not saying I couldn't do easy 21k w/o them, but better understand which ones suit me better early.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Bikerchick1

Lizzie - How fun about the registering!  My DD has an air fryer and loves it!  Gosh, hard to believe 3 months already...has HCF “enjoyed” cardiac rehab?

Karen - So ironic that the trip to your parents “happens” to be when there is a half Wink

Kat - 8 mile walk is great!  Good for you!

Margaret - Your pictures on FB were awesome, as usual!  So many beautiful places to go!

Laura - So Nice to have sunshine and nice temps!!!!  I bet your house is busy now with the addition of college kids home....

Elina - Good luck on the fueling choices.  Will be interested to see what you think!

16 for me yesterday.  Went really good.  My 2 RB’s split the miles.  Today is SRD, so did a Yoga type stretching DVD, and plan on just chillin’. Hard to believe a week ago we were hanging at the after party drinking beer, and cheering everyone on!!!  Sigh, I want to do it Again!

Yay, Lisa!!!!

Lori - How did it go for you?

Kilmisters

My grandpa got his breathing tube taken out yesterday. He is breathing on his own but has a morphine drop to keep him "comfortable". Its basically a hospice situation right now. Really sad. Death sucks.

I know each situation is different but both of my grandma's died when I was still alive and I could had been there for them, but not one expected it (final hours) would happen when they did. Truth to be told, at first I felt bad not being there, but then I realised I want to remember them at their ''peak''. Meaning, when they were still full of energy etc. Not sure if this makes sense but this is how I feel.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I know each situation is different but both of my grandma's died when I was still alive and I could had been there for them, but not one expected it (final hours) would happen when they did. Truth to be told, at first I felt bad not being there, but then I realised I want to remember them at their ''peak''. Meaning, when they were still full of energy etc. Not sure if this makes sense but this is how I feel.

That was the same with me and my grandpa.

hi!  Getting home today. Taking a couple of weeks off running after all these DNAs. Feeling like I need to recharge a bit.

Congrats, Lisa and Lori!

liz, hugs.

Damaris