Womens Running

Well, well weekend dailies (Read 12 times)

Hope all is well with everyone!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

We're driving up to my dad's house in a bit and I'll run there.  Meeting my brother and his family for lunch.

Pre-race briefing for next weekend's 100 is later today.  Guessing people will want to talk about the smoke and fires, but I doubt much definite info can be provided.  If the RD could give a deadline for when they'll decide go/no-go, that would be nice to know.  But if it's the day before the race, that would not be very helpful.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have 3 with strides and maybe weights or Pilates.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

I ran 5 this morning. Felt pretty good, but since I hadn't run since Wednesday I guess that's not surprising. Today is the mini tri at the rec center just down the street, where you can paddle board on the lake or swim laps in the pool for the water part. I was going to do it, but then completely forgot about it until I saw online that registration was closed. Oops. I am actually kinda glad I didn't though. I was thinking I could just get DH to go down there with me and carry my board while I rode my bike, but it turns out the transition is in a different place for the SUP - at the boat ramp about 3/4 of a mile down the road. So that would have been a pain as I would have had to drive the van down there. Plus it didn't start until 11 am, so was a little warm. I walked down there to see how many people did it (about 20) and listened to the pre-race briefing. The girl doing it didn't know the names of the roads when she explained the course. Said things like you know how the road gets weird there? Turn right. I'm pretty familiar with the roads around here now, but I could still see myself taking a wrong turn. Bullet dodged on that one, I think.

Margaret, I really hope the 100 is able to go next weekend. I'm sure everyone would love advance warning, but there's really no way to know that far in advance.

Damaris, enjoy the run. I saw you ran outside the other morning - decent weather there?

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Karen, It was 58F or something like that. Normal morning weather here except this summer. And I was finally home to enjoy it. Smile Nice 5.

Damaris

Just back from 4.5 easy miles with some running club friends.  As expected, the pre-race briefing had no real updates about the smoke situation there.  Too early to say.  The next update will be Thursday, when 95% of the people running the race will already be there or en route.  Tough spot for an RD to be in.

Karen, a small local trip sounds like a fun idea, but actually doing it sounds a lot less fun.

Damaris, I saw that you did a doughnut run today, fun!

Off to do some chores.  Nice how much time there is in the day when running less.

Half Crazy K 2.0

3 miles yesterday and 6 with intervals today. Our beach trip was a nice gegt away.

GatsbyBird, definitely a tough spot for the RD to be in.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I raced my 5K today with maybe 1-2 hours of sleep and a heat advisory. I didn't realize it had gone above 70F but whatever. No shade, but mostly flat. I had to stop to fix my left sock (WHICH BUNCHED ON THE FOOT THAT NEVER BUNCHES!) so I lost a minute there. 38:20 and 10th in my AG. My last one was 36 minutes in 25F less than this shit, so 37:20 without the stop is not too far off from the 36 for this weather. Super happy!

Damaris

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

I have returned, went to some good book sales, looked at some new sculptures and ate great food. Home feels so much better after being away. Tired.

Damaris, great work on the race!

Sue, that poor stuffed dog! I'm glad it was no more than that.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns