Womens Running

New car Thursday - Supermoms (Read 358 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ER - SRD.  Managed 6K with tempo last night on the TM, it was the first tempo run that I really rocked!

TR - there was a couple lights burned out in the stairway, DH replaced them and gave B the dead bulbs, he said "lights off, kitty broke it" He is talking in actual sentences now.

FR - frozen lasagna, caesar salad.

NRR - I go to pick up my new car at 930.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

BermyHorse

RR: 6m. will do trail with stroller. Looking forward to it. I am really enjoying this training plan and feel strong.

NRR: Cooking at some point, probably thought DS’s nap. Grocery shopping for cooking. Long walk on beach trails.

BR: yesterday at the nature reserve DS, my little treasure hunter, found a lighter. How nice. He is still eating everything in the house and more. Bowlfuls of oatmeal with ground flaxseed and wheat germ with sunflower seeds and raisins, strawberries and blueberries.

FR: decided to start my secret elf’s cookbook – Clean Eating 3. I am going to turn over the page and cook no matter what the recipe is. Spike inspired me to start in the meatless section so we’re going veggie for a bit. Today’s recipe is Gardender’s Shepherd’s Pie – with leek, swiss chard, carrots, turnips etc etc. It’s going to be awesome.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

runninmer

Morning!

RR:  SRD. Smile

TR:  Did not cry when I left this morning.  I said, "Mama has to go to work now."  and he smiled and waved at me.  Um, okay?  He did give me an awesome kiss and hug.  I guess this is a good thing.  Was very interested in scooping food for the cat.

NRR:  I have a bug to pay off my student loan debt.  My payments aren't huge, but I feel like I have been paying them forever.  I am paying off a loan under my name as well as my parents.  I couldn't log in to my parents account last night (my mom has given me the information in the past) so I called her and her response was, "Can't you call and get access?"  UM, NO!  It is not under my freaking name!  DH told me I should stop making payments on their loan so they actually help me out getting the info.  My mom is so lazy.

FR:  BLT's last night witht he bacon left over from the bacon wrapped waterchestnuts.  They were delicious.

zorbs - Yay for the new car!

bermy - Wow!  That is quite the adventure with the cook book!  I am such a negative nelly and my first thought is, how much will she throw away.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

CTimesTwo

Morning,

RR - 4ish when C takes a nap... 19F but feels like 5F with wind chill... brr...

BR - slept almost 12 hours last night... and she went back to 3 naps again.. ha... 2 short naps weren't enough and she zonked out at 3pm and slept for an hour and a half... and fell asleep when I was nursing her before bed.. she hardly ever does that anymore.  Wondering if her nap issues are b/c she's hungry... she's been waking earlier so I feed her earlier.. maybe she needs a morning snack?

Going for a 9 month check up today... no shots involved, the doc just wants to see how C is doing.

Oh and last night she figured out how to move forward in her walker with wheels (the ones that are supposedly banned now b/c of too many accidents with babies)... so now she's "walking" in the walker..

NRR - DH's new toy arrived a few minutes ago... a "smart" tv...

zorbs - have fun with the new car!

bermy - sounds like your boy has a good appetite!

mer - that kinda sucks you have to pay 2 loans... first thing we did when DH and I got married was wipe out his student loans.. he owed an average amount and earns a good income but he was taking his sweet time paying it off for who knows what reason..

mrszackmorris

rr: 3-5 miles at some point today. Spoke with rp this morning about starting up again early mornings.

nrr: dh and i have been watching episodes of new girl after the kids have gone to bed. so hilarious!! i was actually crying last night from laughing so hard!

tr: did great at the dentist yesterday! back to school today. I am going to miss them!!!

br: still sleeping like a crazy man. i am sure all the clothes he got for christmas won't fit soon as i am chalking up the mondo sleep to a growth spurt.

fr: tater tot casserole. Kids' and dh's favorite.

------------

zorbs: have fun cruising in your new car!

bermy: posted an ugly christmas sweater run pic on fb yesterday.

runninmer: yah i hate student loans especially since i will probably never use my degree again. dh and i have talked about paying off ours too but when we are both paying 1% in interest rates there really is no point to do it early.

mrszackmorris

cx2: i was actually thinking about our tv last night. We have a smart tv and i don't think we use any of the features. What does your dh plan to do with it?

strollermama

Good morning everyone!

RR:  SRD.  Ran 9 mi yesterday.  7.5 on the TM while DS napped (finally a long nap) and then put him in the stroller for another 1.5 mi.  I nursed him quickly inbetween so there was about a 10 min break.  Since I have discovered watching tv on computer while on the TM, I am actually not minding the TM.  But I hope to be able to run outside for my run tomorrow since it is shorter and shouldn't be as cold.

BR:  Had another rough night of sleeping.  I am not sure what to do.  Usually after a move or getting sick, it takes a while to get back to normal but we slowly make progress.  This time it seems like we aren't making too much progress.  He kept whimpering in his sleep last night.  He would cry a little and then fall back asleep.  I also had to get up with him 3 times.  I have tried CIO but he doesn't stop crying and ends up getting super upset.

NRR:  Took DS to Monkey Bizness, the indoor play place yesterday and he had a great time.  He loves playing in the little house with the kitchen. At home, he likes to play with the dishwasher knob and look in the cabinets and he did the exact same thing with the play house.  All these cool jungle gyms and he goes for the same thing as home Smile.  He was adorable though.  Some mean girls came in however and pulled his arm and pushed him to the ground.  Their parents were of course not watching them, so despite my asking they stop, I finally just had to take H out of the house and move him somewhere else.  We are hoping to go check out the library today.

zorbs - Great job on the tempo!

bermy - I am going to steal that breakfast idea for DS.  He has been eating a ton too.  And I agree with you on the training plan.  I am also feeling strong.  I think it just feels good to have a plan to stick to.  Are you still working with your coach?

mer - No fun about the loans.

mrszm  - I have seen New Girl once and thought it was funny.  I have been looking for new things to watch while on the TM so I will have to check it out!

cx2 - Yay for sleeping again!  Send those vibes my way Smile

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

Erniegirl

RR - Heading out for 13k w/ 8 strides. Hopefully the cold air wakes me up.

BR - I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but it was another night of terrible sleep. I think she was gassy (maybe feeding her turnips was a bad idea...). Hopefully she's not getting sick. We visited a friend on Sunday and he posted on Facebook last night that he just came down with the flu. We got our flu shots last month but DD still has to get a second dose tomorrow so I'm not sure how protected she is after just the first shot.

FR - Moroccan chicken, basmati  rice and Korean style spinach.

NRR - Umm..a nap? And maybe some shopping. I have a lulu gift card and S loves the indoor play area at the mall.

Zorbs - Good job on the tempo run! Do you usually struggle with them? I often wimp out after a few kms at tempo pace. Enjoy the new car!

Bermy - Thanks for your response about the 1k repeats yesterday. I am now determined to do some...well, maybe when it's not quite so snowy out. I hope your new recipe works out. Sounds like DS is a great eater and will gobble up whatever you cook!

Mer - I'm still paying off my student loan, too. Law school cost a fortune and I'm not exactly maximizing my degree with part-time freelance work right now. Super annoying about your mom not getting the access info for you!

Cx2 - My friend's brother is a customs agent and he said those walkers are the number one confiscated item from people coming back from the States. We have a hand-me-down one and S loves to power around in it.

Mrszm - I just saw your ugly sweater run picture. Looks like it was tons of fun! The winner's sweater is awesome.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

ErinLeigh

Good MorningSmile  This is Erin Bauer Weil from FB.

One of my resolutions was to start posting again to keep myself accountable and to keep in touch better with you girls.

RR:  Yoga at lunch today.    I am doing my first trail run on Saturday!  They local reservation near me hosts weekend runs all winter, and they have a 6 mile loop that I am going to sign up for.  Anything special I need to know about trail running?  I don't plan to run fast, but should I wear anything different?

BR:  We bought a space heater for D's room yesterday b/c we thought maybe that would help her sleep better.  It did until I had a coughing attack and woke her upSad  I really hope I'm not getting sick; so many people around here have the flu.

KR:  Both girls are back at school this week, and I am glad to be back, but I miss themSad  They were getting along so well over break and playing together.  It was so cute.   Allie gave Danielle a hug on Monday and said, "I love you so much Danielle".

FR:  trying to increase the clean (non - processed) eating this year.  Made organic chicken with asparagus, onions and mushrooms in a ginger/ curry sauce last night.  Delicious.

Zorbs:  yay on the new car!  What kind did you get again?  Nice job on the tempo run!

Bermy:  I might check out that cookbook.  Let me know how you like it.

Mer:  What rate do you have on your loans?  The reason I ask is that DH was looking to pay off his, but he has such a low federal rate, that it made more financial sense to invest the money instead and just keep making the monthly payments.

Ctimestwo:  what is a smart tv?

5K:  25:52; 10K: 57:53; HM:  2:01.10

Erniegirl

Shelby - Impressive distance on the treadmill! I have no advice for you on the sleeping situation, given my own BR sleeping problems, but I definitely empathize with you. We've also had no success with CIO...she gets so upset within minutes that she pukes everywhere.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

armmama

zorbs - yay for new car and yay for a good tempo run!!

bermy - DH and I briefly looked at CMM yesterday but not sure we'll actually do anything.  I have a hard time making decisions about races that aren't local!  Does your DS feed himself oatmeal?  L still wants us to feed him.  Part of me wants him to try it himself but the other part likes the neatness of us feeding him.

mer - DH used to put all our bills in his name but wanted me to make the calls whenever we needed to ask a question about one of them and then I couldn't get access because they weren't in my name.  So irritating!  Now everything is either in my name or both our names, much easier!

cx2 - yay for walking with the walker!  We have one of those push walker toys and L didn't start using it until he could walk on his own.  Silly boy.

mrszm - I love early morning runs!  So nice to have it done with first thing.

shelby - sometimes I wish we had a TM.  Sorry about the wakeups.  Would he be getting molars?  L's have really been bothering him.  They are almost all in, I can't wait for him to be done with teeth for a while!

ernie - yikes, hope the flu stays away!

RR - rest day.  I think this is the first time I have experienced taper madness.  I am tapering this week and all I want to do is run!  Maybe the kids and I will go for a walk later today.

BR - had his 15 month appt yesterday.  25% weight, 85% height, 65(?)% head.  Dr. called him tall and skinny.  He looks like a little shrimp to me!  Did OK with his shots, but was pretty grumpy last night.  He's got a cold though so not sure if it's that or the shots.

FR - turkey veggie meatballs over pasta tonight.  Carb loading!

NRR - sort of RR but I'm dying for some new running shoes.  Went to LRS yesterday and tried on some Pure Cadence and almost got them but didn't.  I already have 2 pairs of shoes I only run short distances in so I probably need another pair to run longer distances and I don't think the Cadence would be them.  Probably will end up with the Kayanos unless I decide to try some New Balance that I tried on yesterday...

Marathonjen

zorbs - What kind of car are you getting?  Great job on the tempo run!

bermy - You are so motivated with the cooking.  I don't even think I would know what half of that stuff looked like in the grocery store.  You are inspiring me to venture out in my eating a bit more.  Too cute about DS hunting for treasures...lol.  My DS is definitely into everything.

mer - Enjoy the rest day!  That sucks about your parents not giving you the info.  Seriously...since it is under their name you would think they would want to get everything changed over to you.  Sorry they aren't helping.  Hope your work day goes fast!

CTimes - So Glad C slept well for you!!  Good luck at the 9 month check...so hard to believe she is already 9 months.  We had a walker for J too...I don't think it harms them very much...J walked at 11 months!

mrszm - Yum...I should make that tatortot casserole sometime soon.  I hope the girls like being back to school.  Does DD1 finally get her Christmas party?  Sounds like C is growing a lot.  What were his stats from the doc the other day?

shelby - Great job on the 9 miles yesterday!  Sorry DS's sleep isn't improving.  That is so tough.  Maybe with the move he just needs time to get used to the new place?  Glad he had fun at the indoor play place.  How are you?  Are you feeling better yet?

Ernie - Sorry about DD's bad sleep.  I hope she isn't getting sick too. I hope you have a great run and fun shopping today!

Erin - J and I both have had coughing attacks for the past week.  I hope you aren't getting sick!!  Good for you for trail running...I am horrible at it...lol....I always roll my ankles.  Enjoy yoga!

arm - What are you racing??  Sorry about the taper madness...maybe a long walk will help.  Glad L's 15 month check went good and he is long and skinny.  J is skinny just not long.  He is the shortest one in his class.  He is only 2 ft. 6.5 inches...lol.

RR - 12 on the TM...It was the only day I could fit in my long run.

BR - Got his hair cut again yesterday...it grows so fast.  He looks so cute and grown up.  His cough seems much better today and he didn't wake up with coughing fits last night.  He actually slept 11.5 hours!

NRR - Getting a massage today.  I had a groupon and it expires this week so I had to use it.  I have never been to this place and it will probably suck like every other massage I have had...but I will pray it doesn't.

FR - After all you people posted your healthy eating recipes we are having spaghetti and turkey meatballs.  I just need to go and buy the pasta...we don't have any.

strollermama

Erin - Glad you are joining us here!

arm - I think molars might be the cause.  Just felt in there and I feel teeth coming through.  He is not too bad with teething so it's hard to tell.  I will try some tylenol tonight.  Also, I have the brooks pure cadence and love them.

jen - I am finally feeling better.  Thank you so much for asking.  Impressive job on the 12 on the TM!!

ernie and erin - Your recipes sound delish.  Were they easy?

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

ErinLeigh

Shelby - my recipe was super easy!  I just put everything in a dutch oven type pot and simmered for half an hour.  I also added about a cup of chicken stock.

5K:  25:52; 10K: 57:53; HM:  2:01.10

runswithrocky

zorbs - awesome about the sentences.  B actually sounds very sweet.

Bermy - I started reading my xmas gift from BIL - the 4 hr cook (or chef) anyway.  It's interesting and mostly about just diving in and learning stuff, much like you are doing with your cooking and simply turn the page and cook!  DH and I are going to tackle homemade pasta this weekend!

mer - Em has loved daycare all week and waves bye and smiles.  It is bittersweet, but I'd rather that than the tears and crying when i leave.  I have my grad school loans to pay off, they are at 7%-9% interest.  ugh.  Dh has student loans too.  I would love, realistically, for them to be gone in the next 4-5 years.  Originally I wanted them gone by the time I'm 30 - about 2 years from now, but that's not going to happen.

cx2 - glad she is sleeping at night for you. I feel like the eating thing is always a moving target. 

mrszm - tater tots are my guilty pleasure.  I have them maybe once every 1-2 years.  My DH laughs at me, but I don't care.

shelby - yay, glad you got to the Monkey Bizness place.  I do hate that some parents are so oblivious there.  I overheard two moms taking about afghanistan and khazakstan (sp) trying to one-up each other on their international political knowledge - it was friggin hilarious.  My brother actually travels and works at US embassy's in those countries and i'm no expert, and everything out of their mouth was just plain wrong.  But I was amused by their conversation, not so amused that they weren't watching their kids though!

Ernie - we only got the 1st of the 2 part flu shot for Em last year and she was in daycare FT.  I think you get plenty of protection from the 1st dose to be honest.  Sorry about the sleep issues.

Erin - hi!  welcome!  +1 on the clean eating.  DH and I are focusing a lot more on cutting out processed stuff.  Em has really only eaten "real" food and hates the processed crap they feed them at school.  They think she's a picky eater because of it.  I should be so lucky to shun processed food so readily!  So anyway, we are just focusing on making stuff ourselves, like the fried chicken and pasta :-)  yummy!  This reminds me, I need to get a plan together for the weekend and making some freezer meals...

arm - hang in there with the taper madness, when is your race again?  Em's 15 month appt is tomorrow.  I can't wait to see her stats!  I'm such a nerd.  Crap, that reminds me I need to tell daycare she'll be in a little late tomorrow.

Jen - we are having pasta and turkey meatballs (or turkey meat sauce) this weekend!  wow 12 mi on the treadmill?  way to go!