Womens Running

Suddenly it's Saturday and Sunday (over 40) (Read 18 times)

Bikerchick1

Karen & Tessa - Good Luck!

Cindy - When is your marathon?  Sorry the 20 didn't go great Sad

Lisa - Not holding back, just tried to be consise LOL....believe me, that report could have been pages, pages long!  Cannot stop smiling about that adventure!  Are you out of town again?

Had a 6 mile run last night with RB...we did good.  Have been pretty tired this week.

Carol

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

have ve fun Karen and Tessa

Cindy you'll get through it.

Hope you get rest Carol

Marjorie

Hobby Jogger Especial!

Good morning! 10 miles this morning, 43f to start, 49f at the finish.  A good run. I think my running buddy is ready to chill and watch football. Off to my granddaughter's 2nd birthday party later. I'm sure it will be fun!

Cindy - sorry to hear about he tough run

Best wishes to all the racers this weekend!

Carol - nice job on 6. I'm not surprised you're tired after R2R

Marjorie - way to go on 10

Anonymous Guest

Hartford done. Nice race, cold and windy. Tessa is now driving us to Newport as I enjoy my cars seat heaters, and being driven to my next adventure.

Not feeling too bad, tomorrow will be a game day decision.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Cindy-sorry about the 20 miler.. maybe you're just saving that "great run" for the day of the marathon so good to not have wasted it on the 20 miler!

Carol-was in Chicago for 3 days but back with no travel booked.  finally.  I'm whipped from it.

Karen-the medal looked great!  Very castle-ish!  Glad you're feeling good.

Tessa-Hope you are doing well too and enjoying the time difference.

Walked the Making Strides 5k with coworkers. This year we had company long sleeved tech shirts and tech jackets.  Very nice!  May just wear that for Detroit next weekend.  Will run tomorrow with Susan on trails then nothing until marathon.

Lisa

ginnyb

Enjoy those seat warmers Karen...you and Tessa have a great time.  Congrats on another marathon under both of your belts!

Feeling very unprepared for the half marathon next weekend, I just haven't been running much.  Hoping the fact that I have run 2 in the past two months will carry me through this one...so afraid of the cramping again, I have been using my "stick" and trying to get more potassium, I figure it can't hurt I guess.

Nice 10 Shadow

Hi Lisa and Marjorie and Carol..

ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Arimathea

Tessa

The seat warmers and the car heater and the warm sweats were all welcome. Today's race was wet and cool and once we stopped running we were cold. Karen had hot coffee after the race and I think that helped, I do not like coffee so didn't have any.

Cindy, sorry the run wasn't good. Safe travels to your sister's wedding.

Lisa, nice to have company provided shirts!

Carol, that does sound like a fun trip.

About to go to bed since we have to get up early again tomorrow. They close the road down early for this one and we have to park away from the start/finish and take a shuttle.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, ladies. In Chicago having dinner before the race tomorrow.

Nice job, Karen!!!

tessa, hoping it went well.

Have a great weekend!

Damaris

Tessa and Karen-Susan from up state NY is doing the half there too.  Just saw that on FB.  Good luck with your shuttle to the shuffle!  Have fun. Newport is gorgeous!

Lisa

Greetings everyone!  I went up to Berkeley with my DH and Dad yesterday for a football game and saw my sister and her family too.  Entered a random Twitter contest at the game and won two tickets to Norway.  My first thought, of course, was "what marathon could I do in Norway?"  Haha.

Lots of racers this weekend!

Great job yesterday, Karen and Tessa.  That was a nice-looking medal, even if the conditions sounded less than ideal.  Hope today's run goes well.

Damaris, have fun today in Chicago!

Lisa, nice 5k with your co-workers and enjoy your Detroit taper (is this your 1st post-surgery marathon?).

Carol, loved reading your RR!  What an adventure.

Cindy, sorry you're not feeling great on your long runs.  Just go into the race looking to enjoy the day and scenery and other runners and I bet the running will end up okay too.

Marjorie, nice 10+ miles.

Shadow, hope you had fun at the birthday party.

GinnyB, I think your legs will carry you through on your HM next weekend.  Hydration and electrolytes should (hopefully) help with cramping.

Camille -- thanks for asking about my new job.  I've been there for 3 weeks and so far so good!  Much less stress, work seems more steady and predictable, and there's none of the billable-hour or business development pressure that seemed to be a constant at the law firm.  Enjoying it so far!

I'm tapering for the Toronto Marathon next weekend with a group of gals from the Ladies Locker Room forum.  Aiming to run around 8-10 miles today.   Then we're heading back up to my Dad's house to bring him to a birthday party for a family friend.  Enjoy the day everyone!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

11.2 for me. Have to do some cleaning since dad and wife will probably be here next weekend and I'm gone ALL WEEK. Not very happy they want to stop here next weekend. But the upstairs us cleaned. Dh mowed. I need to trim the roses. DH is in strict orders to not be a slob this week while I'm gone. I know my dad wouldn't care if the house was messy. But I do so that is what counts. I refuse to have people over to a messy house.

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Marjorie, could you have someone come in and clean on Friday since you won't be home? Though that doesn't work for the clutter like newspapers and socks on the floor.

Damaris, hope Chicago went well.

I didn't see a Susan from upstate NY today, though I did meet a friendly Karen from Syracuse. Race went fairly well. 5:30 today as opposed to 4:56 yesterday, though the weather was much kinder -- sunny, not too warm, not too windy.

Gatsby, Toronto? Exciting. And Norway? Tickets to it, nice, bring lots of $$ for hotels and meals. Norway is a very expensive place to visit.

Ginny, I have heard that Tums help with cramping. You might try carrying some -- couldn't hurt, they're just calcium carbonate. Is it the Detroit half?

Working on race reports.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Looking forward to the race reports

tessa nah. Dh has been warned. If he makes a mess he will hear about it.

Most don't realize I'm so particular about my house being clean. Other people's homes do not botherr me at all, ever. A little out of order to me no one would notice. Other than vacuuming it is all clean now.  I will do that later. I also did a bunch of lawn work. I'm thinking Friday will be a cursory clean the toilets, vacuum and de crumb the kitchen (dH is really bad with crumbs all over the counter. He seems to not notice). I should be home by mid afternoon on Friday. We will need to do grocery shopping too.

Gatsby oh Toronto should be fun. It is supposed to be a great race.

Marjorie

ginnyb

Congratulations Tessa and Karen!  Quite an accomplishment, I cannot even imagine running back to back marathons!  You ladies are kicking butt!  Your times are great too.

Tessa....the half is in Columbus Oh.  Also going to see the Lion King the day before, staying with friends, the same friend who's daughter I ran the Minnie Marathon with , my first "longer race"  6 years ago, she is doing the half also, not my friend, her daughter.

I did run 8 miles this morning and felt pretty good, but I could feel the calves tightening up....still using my stick and the calves hurt like heck when I roll them.

Damaris...congratulations on Chicago...sorry about the asthma attack afterwards.

I can't believe the weekend is over again, Darn!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

Tired. Just a quick check-in, then probably a little bit of reading until I can fall asleep. Newport is an absolutely gorgeous marathon. I haven't been here for several years - probably 2005ish when we did the Newport Regatta, back when sailboat racing was my sport of choice. Hilly though. I finished in 4:28:09 (my watch said :13, so it must have taken me awhile to shut it off at the end). 12 seconds slower than yesterday, but on a much hillier course. I'll take it!

We drive back to MD tomorrow. Then I do Delaware in December and Charleston in January and I will have the entire east coast except New Hampshire and Maine before moving in March. Not too bad.

Gatsby, I've been meaning to ask about the new job. Glad it's going well. The thing I hated most about working in consulting firms was having to be 90% billable. Oh, and proposals don't count. So your new job sounds better to me too!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel