Womens Running

Treadmill Tuesday - Supermoms (Read 17 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - at least 8K on the TM.  Still have nothing to watch/listen to so I might have to just count my steps for 50 minutes.

KR - went into music class by himself for the first time, without me having to take him to the door and then run away.  It only took 8 months, geez.

FR - chicken pie, salad.

WR - dickhead called me at 9:30 last night to try to fire me.  Basically he told me not to finish out my 2 weeks, to which I replied, just have it on record that I put in my resignation on Friday and that I was not terminated.  I will be calling HR and the Ontario Human Rights Legal Support Centre to see if I have a case.  I don't actually intend to file suit, just use it as a threat to make sure HR knows that dickhead isn't simply free from a "troublesome" employee.

WR#2 - I looked at the fitness job postings last night and I saw an older (beginning of March) listing for a job so awesome that I had to apply for it anyways, because why not? running group coach.  for $50/h.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

RR - 11k with 6 strides. I hope it warms up a bit and/or stops raining because I am planning on wearing a skirt again, regardless.

TR - I was trying to read to her last night, and I couldn't get a word in edgewise, because she just kept talking and describing all the pictures in the book. When something is funny and makes her laugh, she now says "That made baby laugh!".

FR - Spaghetti, salad

NRR - Library program today. Hopefully it goes better than last week, when S was overtired and had a meltdown and we had to leave early. I am also hoping I can make it through the day without a nap. Or maybe not. Naps are awesome, especially on rainy days. My progress on my taxes last night consisted of printing off one invoice I had saved in my email. Ha ha, I am the worst procrastinator ever.

~~~~

zorbs - When you say nothing to listen to on the TM, do you mean not even music? Running group coach would be the best job ever!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

running eh

RR - nothing today.

NRR - I can't believe it is snowing again!  I am sure it will melt through the day, but I am tired of seeing snow.

FR - pancakes, bacon, fruit salad.  Bought a coconut at DS's request - I have never bought a coconut before and I didn't realize how hard they are.  I have no idea how I am going to cut the thing open and I have no idea what to do with the thing once it is open.

KR - DD2 got up at 430am and tried to climb in our bed.  That is the first time she has ever done that.  DS was already sleeping in our bed at that point (he hasn't don't that for a few weeks now).  I tucked her back in and told her she could come in our bed in the morning.  She woke up shortly after 6 yelling - "ready, mom?"

zorbs - group run instructor sounds great!  I thought most of those jobs were volunteer.  Hopefully you hear something back about that job.  Love that B got brave after 8months, good for him.

ernie - Printing an invoice sounds like a start to me!  Do you have a lot of stuff for your taxes?  You must since you work out of your home.  DH told me today that our accountant called and she had ours finished, so I just need to go and sign the papers and pay the fee.  Maybe you can convince S to read you a book instead - I love it when they start narrating the book.  I liked the MW a bit better yesterday.  I was asking her about my work and how long I should be working and lifting up people for.  She asked me, "Well how heavy are the people?"  I didn't even really know how to respond.  They are random people from the public, so anywhere from 4lbs to 400+lbs, duh...

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ernie - I get tired of the same old music all the time so sometimes listening to my footsteps is better alternative.

eh - I'm pretty sure opening coconuts requires the use of a hammer.  The RR coaching positions I believe are volunteer, but this is for a corporate run group.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - I think the employment law in canada is that they can tell you to not finish out your 2 weeks and not pay you out... DH being in retail has dealt w/ a lot of quitting and firing situations. The only way you'd have a case is if you could call it "effective dismissal" - so they made life so shitty that it forced you to quit, which might actually be the case.  The running coach gig sounds amazing!!

ernie - I hope it warms up for you!  LOL on the taxes, well you are way ahead of me!!  I turned my computer on last night... and then I uploaded some pictures to FB.

r-eh - that sucks that it's snowing!  Yikes, that would have been a full bed, glad she was willing to go back to bed for a little while.

RR - 6-8 Yassos... about 12km total distance I think.  DH might come and meet me and do them with me, I told him he had to keep up Wink

KR - didn't get home from MIL's until 7:30 and announced she was tired, went straight to bed with a couple stories.

TR - wanted to go outside last night, so I got her coat and boots on, and we went out, then she just kept coming up to me saying "carry", um nope kid, if we're outside, it's for you to run around on your own.  Then she pitched a fit when I brought her back in.  I think she was tired as everything brought a new tantrum after that point.

FR - slow cooker potroast.  It's a big roast, we may be eating beef all week.

NRR - DH's bosses wife - the one in the hospital, pregnant, was rushed in to triage last night to have a section, they've told DH's boss that it is a very risky surgery, baby is about 6-7 weeks early I think, I hope everyone is ok!  They had been trying to keep the baby inside as long as possible bc they didn't think it was ready to come out.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Erniegirl

eh - The rain turned into giant, fluffy snowflakes here, too! Perhaps I won't be running in a skirt after all. My sister and I used to beg for coconuts every now and then when we were kids and I remember my Dad smashing them open with a hammer and then us not actually being all that interested in eating them, lol. Yup, I have quite a few documents for tax time due to my home office.

CA - Good luck with the Yassos and make sure you outrun DH if he joins you!  S will occasionally do that "carry me" thing after begging to go outside and it's so silly. Oh no on DH's boss's wife! Super scary, but I think odds for survival are good at 6-7 weeks early, though I'm sure there will be a long hospital stay. I hope both mom and baby are okay!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

runnergirl9508

RR: 5.5 hilly miles this morning in beautiful spring weather.

TR: was fascinated with the rain yesterday, and was telling me it was dripping off the roof, down the gutter to make the grass green.

PGR: 28 weeks! OB appt this morning, everything is looking good. Had my glucose drink and am waiting for the blood draw now. Fruit punch is NASTY! When I had this test with R, I had the orange flavor.

NRR: going to be hungry after this!! Fasting since dinner time last night. I packed some fruit in the car to eat as I drive home.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

runnergirl9508

CA- dont go easy on DH with those yassos! Wink

Reh- boo on the snow! Haha, I'd make DH cut the coconut. All I can envision is a machete.

zorbs- a TM run?! Is it bad weather by you? We had t-storms roll through last night. Running coaching would be awesome!

Ernie- hope it warms up a bit for your run. Have fun at the library.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

CA - based on stuff that our lawyer supermom told me, I called and they said I have a potential discrimination case.

rg - pouring rain, just above freezing here.  Definite TM weather! is the glucose test standard? I never had it.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

ernie - I think it's the wife, not the baby that's in danger, she's got a bunch of overlying health concerns some related to pregnancy and some not.

RG - Weird that they made you fast for the glucose test, they didn't do that for either of mine.  I did have to fast when they thought I might have gall bladder issues and needed an ultrasound - that was torture to a pgr lady!

zorbs - I hope you can get somewhere with the discrimination case!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

beckykay

Morning Ladies - well it is still morning for a few minutes at least Smile

RR:  Missed last nights run due to errands.  Boo.  Will do some miles at lunch but nothing too strenuous since I don't want to be stinky and don't have time to shower.

KR:  His allergies are out of control.  He is a sneezy, runny nose, coughing hot mess and yes I sent him to school.

FR:  Leftovers.  I am too lazy to cook tonight.

DH is registered for his first half.  I am going to laugh so hard when he realized what a world of pain he is in for.  I know that sounds mean but I've tried to talk him out of doing this with no training.

Zorbs:  Running group coach would be the perfect job for you!  I hope you get somewhere with HR.

Ernie:  Naps are awesome, I wish we still had them around my house Smile

Eh:  Yuck, I hate snow.

Whoops, it is lunch time.  Gotta run - literally Smile

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 3.3 miles with RP last night, we were both sore so it was sloooow. Nice to catch up with her, she is on Spring break in the school district in which she teaches, while her kids had spring break last week- nice!

TR: OMFG I don't know what to do about my kid being mean. I'm too embarrassed to say what he did yesterday. I explained to him that if he did anything mean today I was taking away Barney tonight (his glow-worm seahorse thing that I had to go to Walmart to buy another one of when we moved because it got misplaced) and that his TV privileges would be gone. I hope it works.

FR: Last night was leftover pork tenderloin. SOmething with ground turkey tonight- maybe tamale pie or taco salads?

NRR: DH and my 8th wedding anniversary today.

NRR2: so I put in a recommendation for a friend of a friend/acquaintance for an opening with my company in another city, and I need to call that office to let them know that I no  longer recommend her in light of some info I got from another friend last night. :/  I wasn't going to recommend her, but DH made me feel bad for not giving her a chance and now I am annoyed because I should have gone with my gut. I don't want to be to blame if she gets hired.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- At least where I live, once you put in your notice, they can't say you are fired unless you do something illegal in your final days as an employee. However, if they don't want you to work for you those last 2 weeks, they don't have to let you. Good luck in your job search, I hope you find something lots better!

ernie- R tries to ask me a million questions about a book he's read with me a million times as a bedtime stall tactic. What is the Canadian tax deadline?

Eh- I think you can use a hammer to open a coconut, but its messy. The nut meat is moist and more pungent and there's coconut water inside. I suppose you could drill a hole with a power drill if you want to try to preserve the coconut water. I'm suprised I know as much as I do since I hate coconut with a passion!

CA- Sending good thoughts for your boss's wife. R has been wanting to be carried a lot. He has been playing in a giant dirt pile in the backyard a lot then pitches a fit when I make him strip on the back porch or in the garage.

Becky- thinking that DH is gonna be hurting bad considering how I felt after just an 8 mile easy paced LR with no training. I find Zyrtec liquid to be more effective than claritin for R's allergies.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

becky - perhaps I'd make a good nail polish blogger too, but I am not unhealthy enough for that profession.  Do you think K will grit his teeth and pretend everything is peachy even when he's crippled after?

spike - happy anniversary!  It's very grey whether or not he fired me, he just said the company didn't want me to continue until the end date that I put in my letter.

superspike113

Honorary Old

NRR update- I called the other office and he said that they want to hire somebody from in-town anyways, so I feel better about that.