Traffic-free Tuesday (Read 12 times)

Anonymous Guest

Because we're home from our trip.

Post.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Anonymous Guest

It is good to be home. We are going to try another CA trip in the summer. Between the closed stuff due to all the rain, and DH's health worries, it wasn't very fun out there. He is at the doctor now. He started feeling a tightness in his chest on and off, occasionally a pain. Of course he wouldn't go to a doctor while we were traveling, which is why we headed for home early. On the one hand, he's a bit of a hypochondriac, plus he's been reading all kinds of stuff on twitter about vax side effects, so is convinced he's screwed and is dying. It had better not be that. Oh the other hand, it could be indigestion, anxiety/stress, other things that are much more common. I hope it's one of those. He said it would feel worse when he was stressed (like driving in super strong winds yesterday), not as much when he was up and moving and doing stuff, but more when he was just still, which to me sounds anxiety related. Anyway, they are running all kinds of tests right now. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. I can't handle something being seriously wrong with him right now.

My calf is feeling much better. I think part of the problem was practically no movement since at least Thursday last week. Yesterday all the back and forth to empty and clean the van and then do laundry, etc., and it felt almost normal. Today, just a bit of soreness when I walk, but nothing just sitting. May try a short run tomorrow if the pain is gone.

Big Bend was awesome. After that things started going sideways. Still some fun stuff, but always with the constant worry. And the occasional text bursts from my brother and sister about picking my dad's headstone, filling out the life insurance paperwork, etc. I need to call my mom but want to wait until I hear what is wrong with DH so I don't worry her if I don't need to.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

YAY Karen, welcome home!!!  Hope all is well with you and DH.  Best to him today at the docs.  We will keep you both in my thoughts.

Shorter running day later on when it stops raining out,  Looks like early afternoon.  In the meantime, maybe a trip to the grocery store.  I am craving some mac n cheese, gonna pop it in the insta-pot I think.  I also found two running cookbooks, might peruse them and try.   I am going to try to improve my diet - I constantly try, and fail every time.  I also am GOING to start mini core/strength training.  Not much to start, probably not enough to do any good other than getting me used to it for a bit and incorporating it.

Happy Happy.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Good morning/afternoon/evening all!

Weird and sad times in HMB, where 7 farm workers were killed in a mass shooting yesterday afternoon.  Sites were 5-6 miles from my house.  Gunman was another farmworker, apparently, and he turned himself in.  No word yet about motive.  Did not directly affect us or anyone that I know, other than to burst our illusion that our little haven here on the coast is exempt from the woes of the rest of the country.

Karen, hoping all goes well for you DH on his doctor visit, and it's nothing major or something easily fixable.

Kat, that's a good goal to work on diet.  I know mine has a lot of room for improvement.  I love mac n cheese and other less-than-healthy things.  And I'm lazy about cooking.

SRD from running yesterday, 6 easy miles after work today.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Anonymous Guest

Weird and sad times in HMB, where 7 farm workers were killed in a mass shooting yesterday afternoon.  Sites were 5-6 miles from my house.  Gunman was another farmworker, apparently, and he turned himself in.  No word yet about motive.  Did not directly affect us or anyone that I know, other than to burst our illusion that our little haven here on the coast is exempt from the woes of the rest of the country. 

OMG, just heard about this. Glad you're okay, but yes, I imagine the whole community is unsettled and a bit scared. And right after the one down by LA, looks like both by older Asian men - what in the world is going on? This is not okay! And the last thing you'd expect to see in CA. DH had to take apart and lock his gun and put them in a separate storage area of the van while we were in CA.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon! I have 7 with 10K intervals later. Stomach issues this morning or I would already be running, sigh.

Karen, hoping it's nothing major with hubby and glad the calf is better.

Margaret, oh, no! Was busy at work yesterday and had not heard. Sad

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Costochondritis, which is inflammation of the cartilage that joins your ribs to your breastbone. Huge sigh of relief. He got a prescription anti-inflammatory and is to take it easy until it feels better. Heart, lungs, everything else is in great shape.

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 on the treadmill before work wirh 15 min, 10 min and 5 min at some sort of tempo. Been a really long time since I did intervals that were over 6 minutes or so.

AnonymousGuest,  good news about DH. After reading what Liz' went through with her DH,  I'd probably attempt to physically drag my 200+ lbs DH to the ER if he ever mentioned chest pain.Glad your calf is feeling better,  I cam definitely see how less activity leads to more stuff hurting.

KatS, instant Mac and cheese is so easy. I was shocked first time I made it. I think I have more problems getting the release valve set right than cooking it.

GatsbyBird,  definitely scary when it happens close to home. Here all the recent murders typically are domestic in some way, so once the story comes out, I'm usually not concerned.  For example,  XBF killed his XGF near the park. Allegedly XGF cut new GF and this was revenge.

Docket,  enjoy your 7.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

6 for me on tm today.

Karen I'm glad hubby is on the mend. You must be so relieved.

Margaret,  we were just talking about how it's a lot of elderly committing violence lately. It happened in Toronto about a month ago over a condo dispute. A 70ish man shot his condo admins. I don't know what is happening lately.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Margaret, sad about HMB shootings, as well as everywhere else.  Enjoy your SRD.  I am a lazy cook, being single it isn't fun.

Damaris, enjoy the 7!

Karen, phew!!!!!

Kathi, I know two people locally who's family's were JUST affected by domestic violence.  A friends son dates a girl who's mother was just murdered by the BF in the backyard and the poor daughter saw her deceased mother.  Traumatic.  Then a weekend coworker's step father had his throat slashed, and lived.  Just shocking.  I just cannot imagine.  Our country has gone to hell in a hand basket.  On a lighter note, I suppose I should re-read how to use my insta-pot.

Lori, I remember hearing about the condo shooting.  So unusual for Canada.  Hope the 6 goes/went well.

My 4 miles were a run fail.  Really disheartening.  I walked 3.5 of it, but each time I tried running (5 times) it just hurt everywhere.  I hope it was just a mental block.  It was rainy and cold earlier, when I went out it was absolutely gorgeous, perfect for a cooler running day.  Disappointed.

Off to the grocery store soon, Mac n Cheese!!!

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Costochondritis, which is inflammation of the cartilage that joins your ribs to your breastbone. Huge sigh of relief. He got a prescription anti-inflammatory and is to take it easy until it feels better. Heart, lungs, everything else is in great shape.

Good news!

HCK, yes this local shooting seems more akin to a domestic dispute, since it only involved a specific group of farm workers, although nothing official has been stated about the motive.  Still worrying and sad, but not something random.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Half Crazy K 2.0

KatS, even reading my instapot directions, I cannot get that darn release valve situated properly. It even has notches and those don't seem to line up. I've been getting the grocecry store brand mac & cheese or Bob Evans from the deli case. It's pretty good and if I want to be fancy I throw it in a pyrex dish and bake it.

BerthaSlayer, I wonder if there is cognitive decline involved in some of these cases? Dementia & guns are not a good combo. Even worse is when the guns are not secured in any way, shpae or form.

Anonymous Guest

So the three biggest causes (they think) for this are overexertion/strenuous exercise, a blow to the chest, and hard coughing. He literally did all three before we left - a hard bike workout for the first time in months, he hit a tree mountain biking, and he's been coughing on and off since the pneumonia after the colonoscopy thing.

Anyway, groceries bought, laundry done, some cleaning, I am ready for a break.

AnonymousGuest,  good news about DH. After reading what Liz' went through with her DH,  I'd probably attempt to physically drag my 200+ lbs DH to the ER if he ever mentioned chest pain.Glad your calf is feeling better,  I cam definitely see how less activity leads to more stuff hurting.

Yeah, my stomach and nerves were a mess. I was mad at him for not going to a doctor on the road, but didn't want to be mad at him if something bad happened.

Oh, we watched the movie Vengeance last night and really liked it. I think it was on Prime, if anyone is looking for something to watch.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So the three biggest causes (they think) for this are overexertion/strenuous exercise, a blow to the chest, and hard coughing. He literally did all three before we left - a hard bike workout for the first time in months, he hit a tree mountain biking, and he's been coughing on and off since the pneumonia after the colonoscopy thing.

Anyway, groceries bought, laundry done, some cleaning, I am ready for a break.

Yeah, my stomach and nerves were a mess. I was mad at him for not going to a doctor on the road, but didn't want to be mad at him if something bad happened.

Oh, we watched the movie Vengeance last night and really liked it. I think it was on Prime, if anyone is looking for something to watch.

I don't think you told me about the tree, lol. I normally would say the cough can cause it but I vote for the tree.

Damaris