Womens Running

Over the Hump Day Supermoms (Read 14 times)

runnergirl9508

Morning~

RR: bootcamp followed by a run this morning. At least 5 miles.

TR: had so much fun at the play center yesterday- definitely going to take him at least once a week.

NRR: DH is on call for work this weekend, but so far there are no flights scheduled. Fingers crossed it stays that way!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - we got SIL#2 to watch B, so DH and I are going to do a Valentine's 5K tied together on Feb. 9.  It is sure to be entertaining!

ER - hot yoga class.  It's -16/-26C outside so I look forward to defrosting my icy feet in the room.  Maybe I'll turn off the butt warmer in the car on the way there so I'll be extra cold.

TR - so many forms.  All signed up for K and preschool.  He starts preschool the week of Feb. 17.  Daycare lady, as expected, was bitchy over the news of B going to preschool..more "preferential" treatment we get for living next door to her.

FR - noodles, tofu, veggies.

~~~~~~~~~~~

rg - the play centre sounds awesome! glad R had fun!

ernie - while googling for gyms in your area yesterday, I discovered that Tracey, my old favourite bootcamp instructor is at the gym at Stellar & Leslie.  I seem to remember in the back of my mind that she lived in MA.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  Spin class tonight.  I would love to get a quick run in before hand, but I am sure that won't happen.  Got 5 in yesterday at the HS in our district.

BR:  Up every 2 again last night.  Not sure how he can have such good nights and bad nights.

TR:  Got to go plowing with DH last night.  Drove me nuts when I was home with him yesterday.  We had water on the iPad, and an entire camelback on water on the floor.

NRR: I had something for this but it escaped me.

FR:  DH made baked chicken with a spice rub last night and it was delicious.

rg - As much of germ factories as those indoor places are, they are so worth it when it is crappy outside for a long stretch of time.

zorbs - Didn't daycare lady kind of have an inkling that B is old enough for preschool?  Will he be done there completely?  Just curious if they charge you for preschool?  One of our options will be $1,000 for the school year, the other will be free....but it is NOT a no brainer.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning

RR - hills tonight, I think 6-8 medium hills plus WU/CD.  It's supposed to snow and the temp drop today, hopefully the hill isn't icy.

TR - has a cold, and HATES it when her nose runs, so she keeps yelling, "MY NOSE IS RUNNING"... ugh, she doesn't know how to blow her nose yet really. Hopefully she gets over it quickly!

TR2 - she's been crying about going to the dayhome lately.  We keep asking if there's something she doesn't like there, but I think she just likes to be at home, she's a little homebody already.  We are touring some preschools next week, I wish we could do drop off/pickup and start her now, maybe she'd be more engaged and have more fun at a preschool.

BR - teething still, drugged her up before bed so she slept through.  She's just fussy and off though, plus she has a horrible diaper rash, I swear that's the worst part of teething.

FR - DH's in charge!

NRR - Hoping to hear about that job today, my coworker got given notice yesterday, he's done friday.  Ugh so damn depressing here.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - that play center sounds awesome!  I hope DH doesn't have to work this weekend!

zorbs - that's crazy that daycare lady's nose is out of joint... she's lucky you didn't put him in preschool earlier.

mer - ugh on the every 2 hrs wakeups, those are the worst!  YUM, the chicken sounds good, awesome that DH makes good meals for you.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Erniegirl

ER - Avoiding the last day of the polar vortex with some indoor ST.

TR - She has taken to counting her fingers and toes before bed. Usually she counts to 10 for her fingers and then 10 for her toes, but last night she counted up to 14 and then skipped to 20 and cheered. When I told her she skipped a few numbers, she looked at me and laughed and then said "Sorrrrrry" in this ridiculous voice. Omg, she sounded exactly like a teenager!

FR - Chicken tagine, couscous, roasted brussels sprouts.

NRR - Going to the community centre this morning, but I need to think of something to get out of the house after S's nap. It has made for some long afternoon/evenings being stuck in the house because of the cold weather, just the two of us, since DH doesn't get home until after 10 pm. Somehow I can't think of a single thing I need from the mall, but maybe we'll go there anyway for something to do.

~~~~

rg - Have a good run! Hopefully the really cold weather is on its way out for you, too. Play centre sounds great - do you pay a drop in fee or is it free?

zorbs - What part of your bodies do you have to tie together? I am picturing the longest three-legged race ever. Ha ha, it must feel good to tell daycare lady you won't be needing her anymore (or are you still using her part-time?) I can't think of what that gym is called but I can picture it because I get my oil changed right near there. I think it's a 24 hour gym.

mer - Ugh, up every two hours is rough, especially when you have to get up for work in the morning! We had tons of water "accidentally" spilled on the floor last night, too. I was not impressed.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

moxieluvah

rg - I hope DH doesn't get called in this weekend!

zorbs - tried hot yoga yesterday, if I buy 20 classes it ends up being $8 per class so i might go once a week. I felt awesome afterwards, a little sore today in the shoulders.

mer - we sent the kids to sitter yesterday because monday they drove me crazy! i get to plan for a sub to go to a cesa training tomorrow, it's about grading, which i have some questions for you because your school is always on top of new trends.

CA - love me a good hill workout! I hope you hear about the job soon!

ernie - totally agree with you about dexter, after it was over I kept saying to DH "they could have ended it like this" and gave a ton of examples. we just started the last season of breaking bad and it seems so slow.

---

RR - 4 after school

NRR - as I told zorbs, tried hot yoga yesterday and felt really good afterwards. I think I will start going once a week if i can work it into the schedule.

FR - made ministrone soup in slow cooker yesterday and it was yummy, made enough to freeze for another day

gotta go...

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

mer - I can't even begin to understand the twisted mind of daycare lady.  As far as I understand, she is upset over the loss of income and somehow believes that even though B is there BY HIMSELF a couple days a week and she provides no structured activities, that he is getting properly socialized. Unfortunately, he'll still be going to daycare a couple days a week. I just don't understand the pouting over the lost income.  I said to DH, if I lose a PT client or piano student for whatever reason, it would suck, but I would never, EVER take it out on them, that is so unprofessional it isn't even funny. Preschool will be about $30/month more.

CA - B is so excited to go to school/preschool that as I said yesterday, he tantrumed when we had to leave.  B has never blown his nose for me but DH swears he knows how to do it and has done it for him.

ernie - they give you a piece of ribbon about 1 m long to tie your wrists together. I thought it was a 3 legged race too, but I ran the 5K last year as a single and saw what the couples did. Would you dare take S to the UCM play area or is that the portal to hell? The gym is called Maxximum fitness, but when I googled the address came up as Gorham Street and the pictures on the website look exactly like a reno'd version of the gym I used to work at that same location (New Generation).  Now it's listed as Maxximum/Fit City I'm wondering if New Gen changed their name and got bought out by Fit City and moved up the street to Stellar.

moxie - $8/class is a great deal! my class this morning, a 1 class drop in, was $19!

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

superspike113

Honorary Old

NRR: This morning was such a clusterf*ck.  DH didn't tell me until last night that he was going to Spokane for a FD recert class today. So this morning I text Teenage Babysitter so see if she will babysit after work so I can run and lift. Arrange that. Fast forward 30 minutes and we have toddler diarrhea. Cancel babysitter, cancel friend who is watching R, wake DH up and get him to begrudgingly agree to reschedule his class and stay home. Go to work, shovel snow. At least I didn't have to scrape my car.

TR: This morning's diarrhea would explain why he only wanted to eat pretzels for dinner.

FR: randomness last night. Maybe spaghetti tonight?

RR: DH said we could take turns working out tonight, so that probably means that I'll just do a tempo run on the treadmill (if i can find an open one) and lift chest/back.

NRR2- didn't get to work out last night because my mom came over and helped me map out a rough plan for our yard. When DH got home we went through and planned some more stuff. We have 2.6 acres with water rights that will expire if we don't have them green in time for the compliance audit this summer. I think we will do about an acre of lawn and then the other 1.5 acres will be some gravel and some low groundcover or orchard grass that doesn't require mowing. DH wants to buy a tractor

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

Runnergirl- I guess I missed that your DH was a pilot. Neat! One of my BFFs is married to a cropduster and they are really worried he won't pass his FAA physical because of the health problems he had last summer with the crazy migraines and intercranial pressure.

zorbs- your daycare lady sounds like she's always bitchy. Better get Dh to do some tempo runs between now and then!

mer- I bet J thinks its awesome to go plowing with daddy!

CA- was that the same coworker that interviewed too? R screams "BOOGERS! TISSUE!" when he has a runny nose

ernie- that sounds like R "one, two, five...  two cats!"

moxie- I finished Dexter last night. Uhhh. WTF. They should have just ended with him on the boat.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runninmer

I remembered my NRR!

We finished season 3 of Downton Abbey last night!  I can't wait to start season 4 tonight.  (We have it on DVR.)  We knew the twist at the end of 3, but I have heard that four is even better.  Although, I heard something happens to Anna.  I like her and don't want anything to happen.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

spike - yes, daycare lady is always bitchy, which is why I try not to say more than "hi" and "bye" every time I'm over there and why I let DH break the news about preschool.  If I had to tell her about preschool and she gave me that attitude, I would not have been able to restrain from bitchslapping her.  Are you going to post a picture of your purse? I bet R would love if you bought a tractor!

superspike113

Honorary Old

spike - yes, daycare lady is always bitchy, which is why I try not to say more than "hi" and "bye" every time I'm over there and why I let DH break the news about preschool.  If I had to tell her about preschool and she gave me that attitude, I would not have been able to restrain from bitchslapping her.  Are you going to post a picture of your purse? I bet R would love if you bought a tractor!

Do you want me to post a picture of my current, sad ghetto bag? Or the new red tote when it arrives?  My mom has a lawn tractor, small tractor, and a backhoe at the cemetery and R looooves going for rides.

Mer- I haven't started the new season. Its available on my PBS app on Roku, so I need to get caught up! Anna/Bates are my favorites too.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

spike - the new bag! I didn't realize you hadn't gotten it yet.

superspike113

Honorary Old

spike - the new bag! I didn't realize you hadn't gotten it yet.

ordered from zappos (i live in the boonies and the only shopping here is walmart-gag!), should be here next week. My bag is so haggard, and R is potty trained except for nighttime diapers, so I'm ready to ditch the ugly mom bag.