Womens Running

Merry Monday! (Read 13 times)

Anonymous Guest

Since this is the working holiday for Christmas yesterday, it should be merry all around! Hope you all had a good Christmas!

My training plan for Boston starts today. I was thinking I had another week - oops! I may have to build up a little more gradually than my plan says, since I have been pretty low mileage for all of December (plus zero mileage the end of November).

Trail run yesterday was nice - I think there were 8 total. I won Trail Toes in the raffle. I was running with a girl and chatting a bit - turns out she won the 100k at Dana Peak (her first one), then went on to be the only finisher at her first 100 miler (four times around Lake Georgetown, which are super tough trails, DH tried to go once around on his mountain bike when we camped there and it took him all day, I had to go out and meet him with water and gatorade and then push his bike the last couple miles). I believe my words when I figured out that was her were "holy freaking Jesus, you are insane." She's a firefighter and just super cool. She didn't even mention her accomplishments, I just figured it out by her name and then eavesdropping when someone else asked her about it. I was impressed.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Also happy Boxing Day and happy St. Stephen's Day!  As the day after Christmas is know in some parts of the world.  I'm off of work today for the Christmas holiday.  Enjoyed a quiet day at home yesterday.  DH and I have a tradition of exchanging only one gift, and this year we exchanged bottles of gin.  But at least not the same one!  Great minds think alike?  A nod to the highs and lows of the past year?  A sign of things to come in the new year?  I guess we'll see.

Karen, I need to join you in getting back on the running wagon.  I never got back into a running routine after my race in November, first because I needed some rest, and then because of this bug.  I'm still hacking a fair amount, though, so I'm going to stick to walking for now.  I have no races on my calendar yet, but I'm honing in on a few.  The biggie will likely be a 100 in Oregon, either Oregon Cascades in late August or Mountain Lakes in mid September.  The latter is a lottery, but not a difficult one.  I'll figure it out by the end of January.

In the meantime, we're taking my dad to Ireland next week so I need to get some stuff done at work this week and get well.

Wow, reading again about your running partner, Karen.  That's dang impressive.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Half Crazy K 2.0

Slept pretty lousy. DH had gone downstairs to watch TV and fell asleep.  He came upstairs at 4:30 after being woken up by both phones blaring an amber alert. He apparently never cleared other alerts, so he also had an old one for a tornado warning. He turned the TV on in the bedroom to be sure there was no tornado.  Cause they always happen in 12 degrees   4 on the treadmill plus upper body.

AnonymousGuest,  I have my days and weeks so mixed up right now.

GatsbyBird,  are you working this week? Will it be quiet?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon! Went to the movies and watched Violent Night. It was awesome and might become part of my Christmas movies. 

8 or an RD. Still heading to BJ’s as Costco ran out of the TV we need after hubby’s upstairs TV went kaput on Christmas Day.

Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Afternoon.

Ended up staying home yesterday, the hosts got into a BIG fight and cancelled.  I spent the day napping on the couch.  Wasn't all that bad.  Turkey was yummy!!!!!

Back to work, kinda blue over it.  Nap at lunch helped a bit though, and a coke too.  Wanted coffee, but didn't want to get up to go to Starbucks.

Looking at races today...  There is one in WI, Kettle Moraine.  It has a 50K with a long cutoff. I am supposed to do Rocky in 1 mo, pipe dream.  I have the option to cancel, I really should.

Ho Hum...

Karen, yay for Boston and starting training!!!!

Margaret, yay on the gin!!  Score.

Kathi, ugh on the sleep.  Tornado?

Damaris, glad you enjoyed the movie!!!

Happy Monday all.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

After eating lunch, trying to catch a dog that had escaped (she is still on the loose), getting the TV and not figuring out the simplest way to fit it in the car, and coming back home, I decided on one of the new workouts from Beachbody with Megan as the trainer (Sure Thing). It was a cardio conditioning. I chose that instead of the 8 miles thinking it would be easier. I wish I had hopped on the TM, lol. Ouch in a good way.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

KatS, no tornado.  It was an alert from August that DH never cleared.  Would have been nice if he turned on one of the many other tvs not in the bedroom to see that there was no tornado.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Canada calls today Boxing Day and is a holiday. But I did work 4 hours to get a "swipe in" for the week.  I have the week off paid but need to swipe in for it to count towards next year's vacation time,  ie voluntary overtime today and tomorrow.  We need to work 26 weeks to qualify but with all the layoffs this year I'm going to be cutting it close so I volunteered.

I'm already 2 weeks behind in my marathon training and only just started 3 weeks ago. I've lost my mojo.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**