Womens Running

Finally Friday Supermoms (Read 15 times)

runnergirl9508

Whoohoo it's Friday Smile

RR: bootcamp followed by a run. I have more time to run this morning, so I'm planning on 5-7 miles.

TR: took him back to the dr yesterday so they could test for a UTI- hopefully will get the results today. My poor little man has been sick for 2 weeks. Also, he has been constipated for a week now Sad

NRR: no big plans for the weekend- DH will be sanding the LR, we should be able to primer it on Sunday. I slept terribly again last night- I need a nap.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - going away this weekend, so doing Sunday's recovery run today, 4 miles.  Since I loathe doing steady state on the TM, debating on 9/1 run walk, but maybe I'll be distracted enough with TBL to run continuously.  Hot tub after, hopefully it is open.

TR - I managed to sneak milk into his smoothie.  He hadn't had milk in well over a year.

FR - going to a restaurant that Ernie recommended that's in her town, since it is on the way to where DH and I are going.

NRR - madly packing.  Since I have to pack winter running gear, I might actually have to bring an whole suitcase for a weekend away.  Geez.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - legs are sore from the mile repeats yesterday!!  Spinning them out at lunch, and then some ST'ing prob not legs, just core and some upper body.

TR - sleeping at my parents for the first time tonight, I really hope she has a good time, she loves going to MIL's and I want her to be equally as excited to go to my parents, I told them to give her treats like MIL does!

BR - going to MIL's tonight for the first time, did not tell M though as I think she'd be jealous or cry.  This means I have to be creative in my drop-offs and than O has to spend 1.5-2 hrs in the car after I pick her up.

FR - sushi date night!  I hope I can stay awake.

NRR - I'm so tired and look it... I even put on make up.  I don't think I'll be fooling anyone.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  Didn't run last night, so I WILL go tonight.  Either 5 outside or something on the TM.  Debating a longer (7 or 8 miles) run tonight since I won't have time tomorrow and it is supposed to snow so DH will be working Sunday.

BR:  Slept!  In his car seat again...  Trying to roll with it without questioning it too much.  I got 5 hours of sleep last night!  Woo Hoo!

TR:  LOVE talking to him on the phone.  It is SO cute.

NRR:  Busy day tomorrow...haircut, baby shower, and dinner for DH's birthday.  Need to make the dessert for the shower tonight, and DH's b-day cake (which I make from scratch).

FR:  Done with the pizza.  DH suggested I take it as left overs again today...I opted for a sandwich.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Erniegirl

RR - 6k + ST. We got snow overnight. Just a few cm, but the roads haven't been plowed so I am hoping I don't step on hidden ice and wipe out.

RR #2 - Yesterday a friend said to me "I saw you running this morning and you look like a gazelle. You are so fast and graceful". I was so flattered! Especially since I picture myself looking like a lumbering beast when I'm doing a tempo run 

TR - Kept pointing to every man we saw at the grocery store and loudly declaring "DADDY!". It was weird. Asked for pizza all day long and then only ate three bites for dinner.

FR - Homemade tomato soup, grilled cheese sandwiches

NRR - No plans at all today. It'll be a chilled out Friday, followed by a busy weekend.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

moxieluvah

RG - did you pick a paint color yet?

zorbs - have a good weekend away! i could use one of those!

CA - enjoy date night! Hope the girls have fun with their grandmas!

mer - my kids like to talk on the phone to grandma and it is so funny to listen to. last day of the semester for us today.

ernie - DS always points and people and says "who's that girl?" or "what's that girl doing?" and it's always loud enough for the people to hear.

---

RR - SRD, 20 tomorrow

NRR - wish AF would make up her mind, here not here, get it figured out AF!

TR - has the snottiest cold ever, I swear you wipe his nose and 2 seconds later it needs it again

FR - we left one day open on the meal plan but have no leftovers so maybe order a pizza?

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - Glad you heard back on the UTI, bummer that he's got one, but at least you have an Rx now and he'll be better in no time I'm sure!  I'm considering some reno's - with my dad close now to help out!

Zorbs - where are you going?  You LR'ing away from home, assuming you found a RP?

mer - whatever gets them and you to sleep!!  Sounds like a fun day tomorrow - but busy.

ernie - I always think I look like I'm dying when I'm trying to run fast.  Maybe my body looks alright, but my face has got dying all over it.  M went through a phase where all men were daddy.  Still every once in a while she'll see some random guy and say 'is that my daddy?' - Makes me look awesome to complete strangers Wink

moxie - Eww on the snotty kid.  It's a PITA when M gets a snotty nose bc that kid cannot stand to have her nose running, so it means every 3 seconds she's shouting 'I NEED A KLEENEX'.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Kantkatchme

Rg-I hope you get a nap, and your LO feels better!  A always seems to be constipated.  We give her depositories every few weeks to help her ouT.

zorbs- enjoy your weekend away! I yoga hop as well , but this one is close to my house, I'll be sad when my intro month is over.

ca- lol on your parents bribing M with treats.  I'm sure she will love them just as much once she spends time with them.  Good luck with the drop offs! Enjoy date night!

mer-  yea! For sleep.  You gotta do what you gotta do.  Does he transfer from the seat to bed?  Or does he just not sleep well out of the seat?  I made cake for DH birthday the first year we were together.  its a recipe that I have always used and it has raspberries between the layers.  Turns out DH doesn't like raspberries lol!

ernie- lol on lumbering beast.  I most am on if those .  From last week? I am not going back to my old job.  I am working a bit as a freelance coach, but don't have that many students right now.

~~~

rr - something!  And maybe yoga,  it's the last day on my pass.

Nrr- tjis week has been so busy!  I'm not used to this!  Can't wait for Sunday, To spend time with my family .

Br-  has started to nap again... still doesn't fall asleep until 10pm,  I really want my evenings back!

Nrr- my SIL is due this weekend!  Super exciting to fibad out if A will have a boy or girl cousin.  I started knitting a hat in October for baby and still haven't finished it!  Hopefully I finish it before the kid doesn't fit into it.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - I hope you get to nap today!

CA - we are going to a tiny town called Jackson's Point, on the south shore of Lake Simcoe...and yes I do have an RP for the weekend, our very own Miss Ernie Smile

mer - I can deal with the same meal 2x and that is IT.  When is your DH's birthday? mine DH's bday is next Sunday.

moxie - I hate cleaning snot off B's face..he's almost 4, I don't know why he still doesn' t know how to blow his nose.

ernie - do you make homemade tomato soup that tastes like Campbells?  Sometimes I get the fancypants organic creamy tomato that comes in a carton, it tastes pretty similar, but everything homemade tastes "wrong" to me.  B has called C daddy before...more than once.  Horrifying.

kant - the hot yoga place that I like the most is unfortunately the most expensive too. $20 per class!

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

runninmer

rg - I think I missed something...what made them think it was a uti?  I hope you get your nap.  Is your poor sleep pregnancy related?

zorbs - Are you celebrating DH's birthday this weekend that you are going away?  DH's birthday is the 19th.  No milk?  Wow!  J drinks milk like it is going out of style.

CAR - Have fun on your date night.  Your nights are always so busy!

ernie - Have a nice relaxing day before your weekend!

moxie - Is today a work day for you without kids?  We have 4 hours of professional growth next friday and 4 hours of prep in our rooms.  We get to learn how to be effective woo hoo.

kant - I always put him down for the first time in his crib, then after he wakes, he goes to the car seat.  DH isn't much of a fruit guy either.  This is a chocolate cake with 2 layers of frosting...all  homemade.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 3 miles with EMRP last night. My legs weren't sore after ST on Wednesday, but holy shizzballs they are sore after running after ST! I'm going to have to excavate my foam roller and spend some quality time with it.  Think I'll skip my run and do housework while R is in daycare from  3-5.

TR: I asked him to put his boots on this morning, and he had climbed up in a wooden chair and was looking out the window at our view and told me he couldn't put on his boots because he was looking at horses and the sky. Smile   He's spending the night at his godparent's house tomorrow, she said she would keep him til naptime on Sunday in case we were hungover. God bless that woman.

FR: DH keeps shooting down everything I suggest for dinner and its really effing annoying. If I cook whatever I want and he doesn't want it, he will eat chips and salsa or a can of soup for dinner and I'm stuck eating a crapload of leftovers. Made corn chowder last night and it tasted pretty bland because I didn't have bacon or cream for it.  I think I might add green chiles, cheese, and chicken to it to see if that fixes the problem.  I might break my rule and buy a beef roast so I can make that potroast recipe Terry posted.

NRR: Banquet tomorrow, still haven't decided what to wear, oh well.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

mer - heh we are celebrating (on his actual bday) with an 8K race.  B drank a TON of milk, like 6-8L PER WEEK and then suddenly stopped.

spike - when DH blehs what I serve for dinner, he usually eats it..what if you asked your DH what he wants to eat? Mine doesn't really eat leftovers either so I tell him I'll eat them until they go bad and if I get food poisoning it's his fault for not helping me eat them.  I thought you were going with the red top?

superspike113

Honorary Old

RG- What a terrible experience at the doctor, I hope you can get it all sorted out. UTIs are very uncommon in boys, so I hope they take it seriously and get you some meds asap so it doesn't go to his kidneys!

zorbs-  I have to admit that I have skipped some runs because the amount of laundry it generates was deemed not worth it. Have fun this weekend!

CA- How come you are splitting the girls up? I hope M likes staying the night with your mom. R has only stayed the night with his godmother because my mom is on-call and I don't trust my dad and stepmom not to feed R something with nuts in it. Do you not usually wear makeup? I'm pretty minimalist about my beauty regimen but I have (and always have had) dark circles under my eyes so I like to at least wear a little concealer and mascara to work.

Mer- LOL how much pizza did you guys make/buy?!  R used to sleep in his carseat a lot, he turned out fine Wink

Ernie- what a great compliment! For a while R would call all women mommies and all men daddies or grandpas.

moxie-not to freak you out, but if its just a weird light spotting, I might take a pregnancy test if I were you. I had implantation bleeding with R that was spotting for several days.

Kant- I don't have the willpower to go through a whole pregnancy without finding out the sex, kudos to your SIL! I hope you have a new niece or nephew this weekend!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

spike - when DH blehs what I serve for dinner, he usually eats it..what if you asked your DH what he wants to eat? Mine doesn't really eat leftovers either so I tell him I'll eat them until they go bad and if I get food poisoning it's his fault for not helping me eat them.

The problem is I've been trying to use up freezer meat, so its different stuff than I normally have on hand. Last night I was going to make something with chicken and rice Dh said we just had that, and I reminded him that HE didn't eat any so he didn't have a right to complain, but he continued so I threw out another 5 or so options which he "bleh'd" until finally relenting on corn chowder. Then after it was done and I said it was missing something he said "Well why was it an option if you didn't have all the ingredients?" UH, we wouldn't be in this boat if he wasn't being a whiner about eating chicken!

DH goes on food kicks or major aversions every once in a while. He'll go through a phase where all he wants is spaghetti for like 2 weeks, or he'll hit another phase where nothing I cook ever sounds good, and it sounds like we are in the latter right now.

moxieluvah

mer - teacher work day on monday.

spike - love the pics of your house, your kitchen looks awesome and it looks so open. DH had the big V so not possible, lol!