Womens Running

Monday's Ugly Sister TUESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 17 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Sigh..

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

5 for me. Last 3 were at MP. Also went to Body Pump.

OMG what a morning. Woke up around 4:10 to run before Body Pump - it was thundering and downpouring (thunderstorm in January?). I thought, ok, well I will go back to sleep for another hour + and just do Body Pump on Thursday instead. Well of course then my mind was going and anxiety started to settle in so I couldn't sleep. I got out of bed around 5:30 and it was still downpouring so I went to Body Pump. Wasn't sure if I was going to get a run in or not but when I left class, it was only lightly raining and the thundering had stopped so ran after class. It was a good run (rainy runs are the best) but I forgot to set a pace range on this run so my MP paces weren't consistent. I guess they were close enough...

I hope this morning isn't an indication of how today will go....

Run4kupcakes – I hope in a few days we are saying, “how is it already Friday?” 😊. Yes! Do you have MLK day off, too? Nice miles!

Margaret – Nice run yesterday! Great that you are feeling good. Are you still enjoying the training plan/Coach? Do you get Monday off?

Cathy - Did everything go as planned yesterday?!

Happy Tuesday.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have 8 with hill sprints tonight. The legs are still sore and I'll try to hydrate but we have no water and ice since they are working on the damaged kitchen (from the flooding) and the fridge is in another part of the house. The house looks all a mess but there is progress and by next week I should have a pretty home.

Liz, sheesh, I would've stayed in bed, ha

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Good morning! Rest day here, sigh. Yesterday I ended up with over 5,000 steps....may have overdone it. Okay, next step. Since you all said ice breakers were a good idea, these are what I've come up with. Tell me which one you like, which one you hate. What the heck, answer one if you want. It's like a forum icebreaker about an icebreaker!

What is something you’re proud of or successful at? And/or What is something you failed at?

What’s your superpower?

What’s one of your favorite places you’ve traveled to?

Share a time when you were totally out of your comfort zone.

What things do you like doing in your spare time (besides running of course)?

What’s something about you that no one at the table knows?

We are having awful, miserable weather here. But look what happens for race day!

Cathy, I hope everything went well in court yesterday. Your running group party sounded fun! Exciting Carol and Laura are thinking about Lakefront. Even more so since I've got my spot at Casa Cathy reserved already. You know, that headband idea is not a bad one...

Carol, Lakefront. Do it, do it, do it, do it.

For the record, I was 100% agreed with Damaris in dropping out of the marathon Sunday. Damaris, if you're still sore you can skip the hill sprints or move them to a run later in the week. Now go hydrate.

Liz, nice job getting the run in this morning after all. Yeah, rain is good, but thunderstorms bad. On the house, our builder was awful about making any changes because they were worried we would then back out (we put $5k down and that's it) and they'd have to try to sell a house with something weird. But a bigger deck I think would enhance the house, so for you it probably was permits. And that they didn't want to deal with that.

HCK, nice TM run yesterday. Is it snowing or summer there now? Hard to keep up this winter.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

What is something you’re proud of or successful at? And/or What is something you failed at?

What’s your superpower?

Share a time when you were totally out of your comfort zone.

What things do you like doing in your spare time (besides running of course)?

I like the last one! I think that may keep everyone interested in what each other are saying Smile

Docket - Woohoo on the house! I feel like that took a while!

Karen - Your baby runners are going to have GREAT weather for the race!! I saw it pop up on my timeline that it was around this time a few years ago I ran Houston. And it was awful. Hang in there-  it is almost Thursday!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Karen, of course the weather has gotten better since I'm not going, sigh.

These are the ones I like the most:

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

They started putting the floor upstairs yesterday. Sammy is not happy at all (she was meowing like crazy and hiding yesterday as they were hammering):

And my kitchen is like this as they fix the ceiling and wall:

Damaris

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

6 miles on the TM this morning for this single lady.    Also upper body strength last night.  Things went well in court yesterday.  The mood was surprisingly upbeat.  It was all very surreal.  It feels kind of weird now, but it's a relief.  It will take a few months to get everything truly separated but the hard stuff is done!

Liz, wow, nice job on Body Pump and a MP run!  Close enough.     The running team is a fun group.  I haven't been able to make the group runs in the past, but I should try to do that!  The housing market has been crazy lately, so hopefully you will sell your house fast and the timing works.  A friend of mine flips houses with her husband and the last one they finished had 8 showings and an offer on the first day!  That sounds like an unmanageable number of sites for one person!

Damaris, sorry about the DNF but it looked like you had a blast!  I hope all goes well with your house.  The floor will look really nice.

Karen, I like the last icebreaker question!  That would be a fun one even with people that you know well.  Or with people that you know well, have them write their answer and then read the answers and guess who wrote it!    That is a lot of rain in your forecast.  But that weekend weather is incredible!  We are expected to have a high of 10 with an 18 mph wind on Sunday.  Yay.  Casa Cathy.  Ha, I like that.  

Lisa, thanks for the kind words and the virtual hugs!  And though I know road races are not your thing, it would be great if you could come to Milwaukee next fall!

Carol, Lakefront is a very well organized race.  It's not a huge race, but big enough so that you don't feel like you are running alone.  It's the 40th anniversary this year!

Margaret, glad you are feeling good!  You are a rock star.  

Kupcakes, that story about the parrot is funny!

Cathy

Half Crazy K 2.0

Anonymous Guest, could you make sort of a scavenger hunt for the icebreaker? We've done that at work with fun/unique facts. I guess in this case you don't include someone who has run a marathon

Karen, a fun icebreaker that I’ve done is “two true statements and a lie.”  Everyone says three things (two true, one false) about themselves. The group has to guess which one of the three statements is a lie. It’s a way of letting people share something unusual or unexpected about themselves, like the last question on your list, but in a more interactive way than just saying it to the group.

So so for me, I could say:

1. I like pickles.

2. I ran a marathon in Antarctica.

3. I weighed 9.5 lbs when I was born.

I think you you all know which statement is the lie. 

The icebreakers where you’re just supposed to blurt out something about yourself always seem a little awkward to me.

(Sorry for the fly by, will BBL)

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Quick Fly By!!!!

Got stranded in Charlotte Saturday night. Ugh. Got home Sunday morning, washed clothes, repacked and flew to Tampa yesterday. Class is going well.  Guys are great teammates.

My running partner texted Sunday night, so I was able to get a great run in yesterday morning before I flew out. DH was wanting me to walk with him before I left, but he was ok with me going for a run.

Karen--I like the ice breakers, especially the last one. Gatsby--yours sounds fun too.

I really just want to sit home in my pajamas and knit.

Smile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Anonymous Guest, could you make sort of a scavenger hunt for the icebreaker? We've done that at work with fun/unique facts. I guess in this case you don't include someone who has run a marathon

Or how about putting the questions in little baggies or eggs or whatever and have them choose one and answer the question that is there.

Damaris

Bikerchick1

Lizzie - That’s an awful lot of activity for so early in the morning  !  Hope the rest of the day went good.

Karen - I like the last 2.  Sometimes it is fun to know what other hobbies, etc., people do besides running.  On our NZ trip there were 50 of us on our bus - all strangers, and our hiking Coach had us each get up and do a little intro, it was so fun and helped everyone get to know each other,  Sounds like the healing is going good!  

Damarias - I’m sure you are dehydrated from your races this weekend!!!  Sounded brutal.  Glad the house is coming together!

Cathy - glad that things went smoothly for you!  I read reviews about the race and watched you tube videos of it!  Looks like a nice size, not big, but enough runners that I wouldn’t be running alone at the back of the pack...

Gatsby - Unless there is something about pickles and you I don’t know, I assume you were NOT 9.5 lbs!

Lakefront is a real possibility...thanks girls for being such encouragers or maybe “enablers”..LOL.   I knew I wanted to do another, I’m certainly not getting any younger, and I did love Grandma’s, but doing it solo wasn’t as much fun as hanging with friends before/after!  My group that did Grand Canyon wants to do some hiking on the AT this fall, so I’m waiting on a date for that before I commit.

5 today with screw shoes - snow and ice Sad

Carol

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Docket – Wow! That’s intense!  I can understand why Sammy wasn’t happy. I took Ruger’s crate down today (we are trying to minimize things for selling) and he got scared and was very confused. We used to keep him in the crate when we left the house but he has been good lately. Knock on wood.

Cathy – Woohoo!! Single lady!! Congratulations 😊 Glad everything went according to plain and you can start to put this chapter behind you! Its exciting, really. 😊 Nice miles this morning. When does the group run meet? I hope our house sells fast!!! It would take a lot of anxiety off of my mind, that’s for sure. We talked to our new neighbors for a while last weekend and they said they sold their house in 24 hours. Crazy! I hope we have that kinda luck.

Margaret – OOOOO..that is a really good ice breaker. I like that one the best.

Susan – Oh wow, sorry to hear about the weekend! This is the last week of travel, right?

Carol – I hope you are able to do Lakefront!!!! 😊 😊

Have a good evening everyone!

What’s your superpower?

OMG my boss was talking about a dinner thing she went to in which the key note speaker joined the group. Someone threw out that question for some reason. Lots of dumb answers. The key not speaker dude chimes in with his super power is giving his wife 15 minute orgasms.

Cue the line from When Harry Met Sally.

Pretty much shut every male c-suite person at the table down. No one knew what to say because they didn’t know him and he didn’t laugh. He did however talk about a book he had read.

Five miles for me this morning. Will go to a strength type yoga class tonight.

Lisa