Womens Running

Better late than never Tuesdailies (Read 11 times)

Anonymous Guest

Post em!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Anonymous Guest

I got 4 miles in this morning, mostly rain free. Heavier stuff comes this evening. Speaking of this evening, it's the first of two informational meetings for the beginners 5k program I said I'd help out with. I so hope people show up, I miss running with other people!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Half Crazy K 2.0

40 minutes easy of the treadmill.  My quads are sore from the race, pretty sure it's from my wimpy not running down the steep hills.

AnonymousGuest,  hope you have a good turn out.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Karen, I hope you get a good amount of folks.  Would be fun.

Kathi, nice easy miles.

Have to say, I am blue here today.  Not sure why, grey weather?  Had to drop the car off for the windshield.  Uber both ways.  Waiting a crossword book to be delivered.  500 Sunday NY Times puzzles, my favorite!!  That or I should start the book Do Hard Things, but starting the book appears to be the hardest!    Should also walk, but need enthusiasm.  Official training starts up again tomorrow.

Hope the rest of you ladies are good.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon! I have 6 and weights once I can escape work (WFH). TM since we have 41mph gusts, 37mph tomorrow and 51mph on Thursday. And rain. Lots of rain and 60F then to snow on the weekend. Indiana is drunk.

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Today I ran a solid hill workout. first time in forever.

Karen.... running with others is overrated. Lol

HCK.... how did the race go? I missed that post clearly.

Damaris... we have a saying here...."don't blink. Or the weather will change".

Kats... it's that time of year.  Cabin fever. Dreary cold days. Lack of sun.  Hugs.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I wish the wind would change, though.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

BerthaSlayer, I didn't fall or kick any rocks, so a success. Pace wise, was about what I did the first year I ran this (2017), so that seems positive.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

BerthaSlayer, I didn't fall or kick any rocks, so a success. Pace wise, was about what I did the first year I ran this (2017), so that seems positive.

Congratulations!!!!

I tend to trip less on trails. Primarily because I'm terrified of falling. So I usually end up walking a huge majority of them. Of course,  I do fall on flats. The worst time was when I tripped on an imaginary crack (no explanation because seriously there wasn't anything there so I likely just tripped over my own feet), fell literally flat on my face so quickly that I didn't even have time to break the fall,  broke my glasses,  drew blood on my face,  and cracked a rib, 4 miles from home,  without a phone.  DH just happened to be driving by and retrieved me after walking 2 of those 4 miles.   I've not run without a phone ever since.

Lori

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Half Crazy K 2.0

BerthaSlayer, the other 2 times I've done this race, I kicked a rock or root on the flat section (the section near the 39 minute mark). I didn't fall, but bruised the top of my foot. I think the Columba Association cleared leaves on the trail, so it was much easier to see. Whenever I have actually fallen on trails, it's usually flat parts. I did slip/fall on a steep bmx trail a few years ago in snow, but that was pretty controlled.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Those are scary looking hills

Lori