Womens Running

Long weekend (Read 15 times)

Kilmisters

Not sure about you guys, but we had yesterday off and Monday is a public holiday also Smile

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Kilmisters

Ran some intervals yesterday morning: 50-100-150-100-50-100-150-100-50 meters. It was quite fun! Quite amusing tho, how even my HR shows I am not a morning runner: same pace, same weather, same course = ~10bpm higher when running before 2pm (instead of evening) and it felt like catching for breath all the time instead of just enjoying the run. Sheesh.

Afterwards I went to see my ex floorball team's play-off game; it was 2.5hr long drama and sadly they lost, but at least some change of scenery.

Finally, finally we have spring weather here, but it will also take some adjusting, because it literally went from snow in the evenings to 60*F in a day or two.

Probably easy 30-50min run today and long-ish (14-15km) run tomorrow.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Not a long weekend for me, boo.  Easter is sort of a holiday in the US, but not a federal holiday, so I don’t have any time off. 

Kilmisters, nice intervals!   

I’m heading out now to run then having an early Easter lunch with my dad and brother’s family.  BBL!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

No idea how I managed to beat my goal on the 10K but I beat it by 2 seconds. My coach had a goal 2 minutes faster but I stopped to fix the fucking sock and that took care of Goal A, ha. I got dizzy and nauseous in the last mile and walked a bit too much too, but I didn't even think I could run that fast at this point. Very happy!

Lori is estimated to be around Mile 20. I saw her at the halfway point before I left for home and she looked strong and not a drop of sweat at all. I'm jealous!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

She just passed Mile 20.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Great race, Damaris!

Go, Lori, go! Looks like she's slowed down a little bit but still strong and tons of time to beat her sub-6 goal.

The kids around here got off school yesterday, and some get off Monday as well, but that's Texas. We used to get Good Friday off from school but that was the 70s and 80s, plus I went to a Lutheran school until high school - we also got Lincoln's Birthday off instead of Washington's, because Illinois (before Presidents Day existed). I think we even got Good Friday off the first few years I worked for Exxon, eventually they stopped doing that and gave a floating holiday instead.

I ran 6 this morning including 2x2 mile tempo. Best run I've had in a long long time. I wasn't even struggling with the tempo miles, they felt just slightly harder than easy, and I still ended up about 10 sec/mile faster than I was supposed to.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah, she has been ahead of the sub-6 from the get go. Stay strong!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You know I raced this motherfucking race (albeit run/walking) when my legs are toast and I am sore AF.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

5:45 for the badass!!!!

Damaris

Woot, great job, Damaris and Lori!

Karen, yay for a good tempo run.

I did 12, including some trails.  It went fine, neither great nor awful.  But under this year's standards, I guess that's a win because I'm not sick, the weather isn't terrible, and I didn't trip or fall.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Yay Damaris!!! Great job!!  Go Lori!!

Had the fam and grands over for an Easter egg hunt and lunch.  Lots of fun. I'm wiped out. Tonight we are going to see Tab Beniot (blues singer).  Standing room only. Ugh.  IDK if I can stand all evening. Def wearing my Hokas!

Elina--enjoy your long weekend. I'm not off either.  Sad

Happy Easter!!

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Thanks for the cheers! I went out way too fast. And I paid for it. But I got my B goal    5:45:09

I'm very happy with it.

I recommend this race

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Half Crazy K 2.0

3.5 miles and upper body strength. Didn't run to afternoon since spent way too long car buying.

nice job Docket & BerthaSlayer!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Congrats Lori and Damaris !

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Elina, nice for a long weekend, not here for me. Welcome to spring!!!

Margaret, sounds like you run was a win!  Not being sick is the best.

Damaris, congrats on the race!  Damn those socks!

Karen, nice run!!!  Glad it was easy for you.  Keep it easy, Boston is only a few days away!!!!

Sue, I am sure you're pooped after today.  Hope you had enough energy to enjoy the show!

Lori, WOOT WOOT on the race.  Way to get it done!

Kathi, what did you buy???

Hi there Judy!!!

Work today was tolerable, except the dip-shit tech I had to deal with.  Good lord, they hire some doozies.  Luckily some good one too.  After I got home I napped for 10-15 min and then got 7 walking miles in.  Not the strongest, but I was pretty tired after working all day.  I got it in, so as with Margaret, it was a win.

Tomorrow I am off and no plans other than a few miles to get in.  And some laundry.  Specifically socks.  I have an obscene amount of socks and need  to run a load of them.

Puppy is good, spunky as all get out.  Fun.  The other dogs are very very gradually getting used to him.  He is only loose when I am home and he is 100% supervised to the point I hold onto my biggest dog unless he is on the couch.

Happy Saturday night.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024