Womens Running

Talking Tuesday (Read 12 times)

Anonymous Guest

DH must be feeling better as he's been talking nonstop since he got up this morning.

Cold front came through last night, brought an inch of rain, a bunch of wind, and dropped the temps way down. Except for the wind, woohoo! Someone on my fb timeline that lives in the next town over was talking about 3" hail. I made the mistake of telling DH. It looked like the worst was going to go just to our north, but he started worrying about his car, which doesn't fit n the garage. Rain blowing sideways, and he's gathering cardboard and towels, which he thinks I'm going to go outside and help cover his car......with things that aren't going to stay because 30+ mph wind gusts. I might still be making fun of him this morning. We did not get hail.

Judy, glad you're starting to feel normal again.

HCK, bummer on the 5k. I don't have any ideas on why it sucked - I wish I did. Sometimes they just do, I guess.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

LC Runs

Happy Tuesday!

3.1 miles for me, we are having beautiful weather -sunny, dry and mid 40's this morning, working it's way to 70 for the afternoon. I think it's supposed to rain tomorrow and cool off, though.

Karen - glad DH is feeling better. That is funny about trying to cover the car!

Lori - whoo hoo on marathon training!!

Kathi - ugh, sorry the 5k sucked - the next one will be better!

Kat - sounds like a fun weekend!

Damaris - glad your migraine is better!

Judy - so glad you are feeling better!!

I will check in later, have our weekly work meeting in a few....

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Woot Karen on DH.  Chilly here too.  Our rain (light) was yesterday.

Laura, glad you're having some nice weather, but 40, brr.

I leave tomorrow for Phoenix.  Excited.  Skipped my run this morning to pick up/sweep.  Likely will go to the store at lunch to pick up some wall scents, perhaps the house is stinky.  Sad

Another perhaps...  Perhaps we got an inflatable alien to keep our inflatable cow company.  In the Javelina spirit, that will end up being inappropriate I believe...  No pics of that!  I ordered a battery blow up thingie.  You know the thing that blow up air mattresses/pool floaters.  I found one that works on batteries instead.  Hoping that makes life easier for our crew.

I am more excited for the tent and costumes than the race.  NERVOUS.

Happy Talking ladies.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! Conducting a deposition where the witness is completely lost. Either that or he claims amnesia every time it suits him.

I have 11 on the TM at some point later. Can't leave the house to run outside until later and sadly we will have thunderstorms. I'll see before I hop on it. Could maybe manage a half and half. I am sore from my lifting yesterday, lol.

Karen, glad you got a cool down!

Laura, nice miles!

Kat, have fun!

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Ran 5 at the river today. They were hard.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Half Crazy K 2.0

More ousy weather, so more treadmill this morning. I thought my watch was acting glitchy, I looked at it thinking I should be close to 5 miles and thought I saw 4.3. I stopped it, saved and restarted.Turns out it was actually 4.8, I just couldn;t see the numbers clearer. After some Googling, I figured out how to change the screen to a larger font that I can actually read.

AnonymousGuest, cardboard & towels? Would that actually protect the car from 3 inch hail? I'd think you would still get dents. As far as the race, I think I am going to self order a ferritin test to see if it's the simple answer.

LCRuns, jealous of your nice weather. We were supposed to have that but instead it's been gray and drizzly.

KatS, inappropriate cow & alien? Ok, gonna need to see pictures on that. Someone from my mileage game team is running it. Should I tell him look for the R rated cow & alien?

Dockett, ugh, that souns so annoying.

BerthaSlayer, sorry for the tough run.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I ran my 11 but (1) forgot to charge my watch so I had to run almost half of the run without it and (2) with bad stomach pain/cramps. But so far, no tape on the knee and no swelling two hours after the run.

I have a bit of a headache since the deposition. But the guy was fucking nuts and kept mumbling and saying gibberish. Not a case I might want to go after or the judge might kill me for bringing that circus to the court.

Damaris