Womens Running

Wednesday (Read 11 times)

Anonymous Guest

Warm and humid here today. Conveniently, it's my running rest day! We had some rain this morning and played "thunder or Fort Hood?" - now that it's sunny, it was (and still is) definitely Ft Hood. Kettlebells this afternoon, and then some cleaning.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Freezing rain here starting today.

5 miles before it started

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Anonymous Guest

HCK, sounds like you've got some wild all over the place weather.

Kathryn, hate hate hate big unexpected expenses like that. Our out of pocket when DH had to go to the ER last month was almost $1k. I was al excited we finally finished paying his wrist surgery copay (they gave us 0% for 12 months, so why not) and then wham. That boy needs to stay healthy.

Damairs, think I saw on fb that the workout went well. Love that feeling after a good hard effort where you hit your paces.

Margaret, Monument Valley sounds awesome. I was looking at a national wind map yesterday and you guys were getting hammered. (why was I looking - I don't even remember)

Lori, hope you're feeling better today.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 on the treadmill.  Cold, gray, rainy and 49 today. Near 80 tomorrow.  Snow flurries on Saturday.

AnonymousGuest,  we play thunder thunder or aberdeen Proving Ground. On their FB page, there are 'boom alerts". It basically says they are blowing shit up all week.

BerthaSlayer,  freezing rain is the worst.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Karen, Hot and humid here too, shocker.  No rain, that's tomorrow.

Lori, freezing rain?  So wildly different than here.  Glad you got your 5 in first.

Kathi, your weather is HIGH.

Meh 5 miles in here.  Was 78 when I finished.  Not as good as I would have liked.  Either doing too much or just had an off day.  Will see how it plays out over the next few days.

I played thunder or construction/military area too.  The trail is in-between both.  At the clinic I work at, on certain days they blast at 2:58pm, exactly.  Everyone in the clinic shouts out when we hear it, its 3pm!!!  (Even in exam rooms...HAH!)

Cleaned the garage some.  Still missing my nice Petzel headlamp, Kogalla, and now my rechargeable lawn mower charger box.  I have the battery, but can't charge it.  So, $100 later, I have one coming Friday.  Hoping not to get a nasty-gram from the HOA before that...

Off to REI, after a shower that is.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon! I have 4 later. Might have time to lift, we'll see. Windy as FUCKING FUCK here, FFS. Temps should be in the high 60s (WHAT THE FUCK is going on with Winter). Anyway, I'll be on the TM forever.

Karen, it is (as you know whenever I had good ones). Especially the 4 minutes hard that felt eternal, haha. Glad it wasn't thunder.

Lori, nice run.

HCK, nice 4, twinnie!

Kat, nice 5.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

AnonymousGuest & KatS, I have said to DH that if there is ever some other reason for a boom, we'll be blissfully unaware of a problem since we just go yep, blowing stuff up at Aberfeen. We also live near 2 shooting ranges, so unless there are gun shots in the middle of the night, we'll just assume shooting range. That said, several years ago a trash truck wass hit by a train probably 7-10mmiles away and shook the house more than most of the usual blasts.