Womens Running

Weekenddailies---Canadian Thanksgiving weekend (Read 11 times)

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Yup. We celebrate early. It's actually on Monday but we will have everyone over Sunday.

5 miles with hubby today and this afternoon we're going to watch the local OHL team play.  Hockey is back! Where is Elina!!!!!

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ran my 10K and first of all I left my watch home and then my leg pain flared up at mile 4.5 so I basically walked mile 5 and then limped to the finish. I was still 7th in my AG, bummer.

I need to figure out what is angering this (at the top but can get to almost the middle of it) before my half. Thoughts? Google seems to say it comes from the ankle which makes sense since the ankle is achy now and when the PT there at the race passed the stick over the top of this muscle/tendon, my foot cramped.

No photo description available.

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Tight muscles? I wouldn't be surprised if it were tight glutes

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Me either since all the glute area and lower back got fucked up when Sasha tried to kill me.

Damaris

Lori, happy thanksgiving!

Damaris, maybe worth a visit to a PT or physio to get their thoughts?  Everything is connected so the problem could be somewhere different than where it hurts. 

Another warm day here. I’m staying off the roads because they’ll be packed with rabid tourists heading for the beaches or pumpkin patches or the city for Fleet Week and the Blue Angels. I logged off early yesterday and did chores at my dad’s house so I wouldn’t have to drive up there this weekend. Got a great view of the Blue Angels while watering his yard. They were practicing over the bay. I personally don’t enjoy them much and would be fine if they didn’t come every year.  Did 10 miles this morning and it was hard work. Longest run since the race at the end of August.  Chores around the house and yard are on tap this weekend, plus football on the tube.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sadly my massage therapist canceled two weeks ago. I see him on Wednesday. Plan is to find a PT in the meantime especially if he cannot solve the issue.

And my half marathon is in 3 weeks, sigh. I am OK letting it go but FFS, it's basically the last chance to run one (well, there is one in Winter).

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

We are home. It took two solid hours to get everything out of the van and put away and the van cleaned up. I am tired. I am going to try to get up early and meet up with the 5k training group (new season I'm supposed to be helping coach). They are on week two, so I didn't miss too much. I think they are only running 2 miles, so I will run some extra.

D, great job on the race. Disconcerting to race without a watch, but the two times I've done it they went well. Seems like that could be several things causing the pain - hips, glutes, calves, peroneal tendon, who knows. I'd see a PT or doctor.

Hope all those with a long weekend (Canadians, US government workers) are enjoying it!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Anonymous Guest

9ish mils for me this morning. I made it out to run with the 5k group. The other guy took the beginners (doing a run/walk) and I took th intermediate. We had a half mile warm up and 2-mile run. I ended up with a little more than that going back and forth between the three runners. It was fun. Then I came home and ran the rest of the miles. Felt pretty good so I turned it into a progression run.

I did my daily Ford check this morning and my car has been delivered to the local dealer! Couldn't have timed it any better, purely by luck. When we ordered in May they said 3-6 months. So for it to show up the same weekend we get back is a great coincidence. Especially since we ended up staying a little longer than originally planned. Assuming they will do whatever "final preparations" need to be done so we can get it this week.

And back to running stuff, holy speedy Chicago Marathon this morning!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It was awesome to watch!

RD for me. I dedicated today to use the stick on my ITB and it's helping so who knows what's bad and what's affecting what. Can't wait til Wednesday for my massage therapist to find (and please don't cancel).

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 yesterdaay with intervals and 5 today. Took my car in for the 6 month service and had all sorts of traffic issues yesterday.. People cannot drive in rain, the one interesection was closed on the way there & back for different crashes.

GatsbyBird, any time we have the air shows, there are always highway signs saying don't stop to watch. Seems obvious, but I guess not. It freaked me out during one when I was driving on I83 and there was a fighter jet barely over the Johns Hopkins Hospital. I had a momentary OMG moment before remembering air show.

BerthaSlayer, enjoy Thanksgiving!

Docket, hopefully your massage therapist can find the source.

AnonymousGuest, good timing. Hopefully you can get the car soon.