Womens Running

Chilly Willy Weekendailies (Read 12 times)

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

I feel for the ladies/A and myself.   It’s 34 or so out and will only get to 46.  At least they’re moving. But there’s a breeze.  I’m holed up in the tent.    Thank god for sides, cause with out I’d be a popsicle.  I have all four up and am hibernating.  Still nippy though.  Under a blanket with hat on. In my reclining chair.  And slippers.  Gonna be a long one.  Karen, you were wise to stay away.  You’d just get worse. 

Glad I’m not running.  Still not recovered mentally from JAvelIna. 

Have a good start to your weekend ladies. 

k

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! Feels like 13F and not getting any warmer as we are having 40+mph gusts. It's a treadmill day, even though it's sunny. That wind sounds brutal. 8 miles planned.

Kat, sounds like perfect running weather. :-P

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

8 miles. 45 degrees out. Felt good in the sun and when the wind wass at my back. Was chilly when running into the wind.

KatS, stay warm. Good luck to those running!

Docket, treadmill definitely makes sense in that weather.

LC Runs

3 snowy and windy miles for me - back to the YakTrax!

Hanging around the house today and then going out to eat with BF. Supposed to get a few snow squalls today so we are going somewhere in town.

Kat - stay warm!

Damaris - have a good TM run!

Kathi - nice 8!

Anonymous Guest

Thinking warm thoughts for Kathryn, Margaret, Lisa and A. Especially Kathryn, sitting around for hours and hours and hours in that weather can not be comfortable. Nice weather for a shorter race, but I am so so glad I'm not trying to make it through a 100k (or 100 miler in Margaret's case) with that weather. Into the 20s overnight, and I remember overnight in my 100 it was probably mid-40s but I just got so cold and wasted a ton of energy shivering. Combo of being out there so long, being dark, slowing down anyway....I had on like 5 layers and was still so cold. And I'm sure those just sitting in the crew tent were even colder. Not gonna lie, kinda glad I wimped out.

I am pretty much over this cold, so probably could have run if I was a little more stubborn. But I think in the bigger scheme of things, not running was definitely the right decision.

Nice running in the cold (and on the TM when too cold), everyone.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Karen, you are missed.  Though I’m more than a bit envious of you…. I’m sure you’re in a nice warm house with two dogs to keep you warm!!!  

Currently I’m under two blankets, hat, foot warmers and hand warmers on my lap until I put my phone down.  Can’t type otherwise.  

Lisa and Margaret seem to be doing well.   Not sure where they’re at.  I have t been keeping track of their laps.  Margaret seemed pleased with how it was going as of last stop, though doesn’t particularly like the course.  It’s quite rocky.  Lisa was in good spirits.  Seems they were running together last loop with another woman as well.  We shall see.  They should be back in a while.   Will need to heat some nuggets and pierogis up for Lisa.  At her request!!!   I’m at her beck and call today.  Margaret is very self sufficient.  

Well, time to put my mittens back on in a couple.  Keep us in your thoughts.  

Kkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.  
                (that’s teeth chattering version of K)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Stay warm Kat!

Damaris

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Sending warm thoughts to all the runners out and their helpers! It's 20° here with winds howling between the balcony doors. It feels like 6°. A pigeon found the outlet fan for my furnace and stayed there for a long time. Nasty out there. Ew! It's supposed to be 18° overnight.

I've been doing cardio workouts in my apartment the last few days. Will go back to TM tomorrow. My DEXA showed osteoporosis, but at my age and size, not surprising. However, the potassium is up in normal range now since I made the diet changes. 

Karen, glad you are feeling better. 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lisa is done!   Did a great job.  Helped another runner for much of the race keeping her company and encouraging her.  Classic Lisa.  Margaret is on her last loop.  So less than 10 miles for her to go and looks fantastic.  Says some things are starting to hurt, but really looks incredible and has a great attitude.  Me, was a chilly night out.  Isn’t two ladies out there, I stayed bundled up under the blankets and was pretty comfortable, shockingly.  About 3 hours to go!!!   Can’t wait for Margaret gets that well deserved buckle!!!!!

Have a safe and warm Sunday all.

K

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yay, Lisa! Go, Margaret!

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

We are heading up to Illinois this afternoon. My sister called and my dad is in the hospital. It's not looking good. He doesn't want to be put on a ventilator, and I can't blame him. I think he's ready to go. There will be a lot of crying in my near future, I'm tearing up just typing this. We can't find a kennel for the dogs the Sunday before Thanksgiving, so are taking the van up there. Hoping there is someplace up there that has room for them, but if not, we'll be camping in my brother or sister's driveway for the next several days.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am so sorry, Karen. We are here for you.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

ANonymousGuest, hugs. I am so sorry. Safe travels.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Karen, I'm sorry. My best wishes.    :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns