Womens Running

Windy Wednesday (Read 10 times)

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Omg. It's windy outside. What's with all the wind lately?

5 miles for me today

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

And I've no idea what a Crumbl cookie is.

Lori

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Half Crazy K 2.0

Only a little wind here, I think the gusts arrive Friday.  6.7 miles this morning. 15 minutes easy, 45 minutes at marathon effort, 5 minutes tempo and rest easy. Pretty uneven pace wise, but 200x better than my last attempt at tempo in the fall.

BerthaSlayer,  I only have heard of crmbl cookies,  haven't been near one to try them. How's DH this morning?

GatsbyBird,  from yesterday,  I go into the office on Monday and Thursday. I can't fully do my job from home.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

HCK.... he can walk but we're think he may have strained a muscle. Hopefully that's all it is. It hurts if he puts all his weight on it.

Lori

Anonymous Guest

Windy here too, although I don't think it's nearly as windy as up by Lori. It died down a bit overnight, so I got my run in this morning before it really picked up again. 6 miles. Windy again tomorrow, then it's supposed to get a little more reasonable around here.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Omg. It's windy outside. What's with all the wind lately?

And not only windy but 50-60mph wind gusts windy. I'm fucking over it.

4 or my RD.

Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

What's with everyone else's wind?  Didn't particularly seem it here.  It was fantastic here for my miles, just as I was finishing the sun came out.  Supposed to get to 80 today.

Lori, hope DH is OK and its nothing worse.  Crumbl's are new (at least here) cookies that are big and thick and yummy.  New flavors every week.

Kathi, glad your workout was so much better than last time.

Karen, glad you got your run in before the wind, strange you're getting it, but not us.

Damaris, THAT is some wind!

Margaret, I wish I was a morning person and could run before work.  Alas, I am an alarm clock snoozer, badly.  And after work I am usually beat.  I will get an easier walk in after, but not much quality.  Maybe with better fitness it will happen.

5.4 today, OK time.  Got 20 min of running and 10 min on a puny hill - better than nothing.  Tried to make up some from yesterday since I got out of work late and it got dark and didn't get to finish my workout.  And I was in a horrid mood as I think I mentioned.

Today, maybe clean some, grocery store (want to try wings in the air fryer), and nails.  Tomorrow work and RD.

Have a nice day ladies.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Half Crazy K 2.0

What's with everyone else's wind?  

I didn't notice any this morning when running, but saw that we were having 30 mph gusts this afternoon and it warmed up to 65. Not sure if others are having the wild swings in temps, but here we're on a cycle of warm Monday-Thursday, rain Thursday or Friday & a cool down, cooler for the weekend, then back to warmer. Any time the temps shift like that here, we get wind. Getting colder, wind. Warming up, wind.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Not sure why but we've had nothing but 40-60 mph gusts for weeks. Tomorrow's lowish wind gusts are 28mph and going to the 30s.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Not sure why but we've had nothing but 40-60 mph gusts for weeks. Tomorrow's lowish wind gusts are 28mph and going to the 30s.

That's crazy. Have you had a lot of power outages or any damage? And more importantly, how do you still have trash cans? Or do you?

We saw him winds (30-40 with gusts in the 50s) in west Texas the last day we were driving home from our latest trip. It was a little scary driving the van in that - ya got really put some muscle into the steering wheel.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

No power issues, crossing our fingers. There were some power outages in other areas but not in ours. We don't have any cables (sounds like ours are underground) which has helped. There is a lot of bags, etc. that have flown but the trashcans from Republic are heavy enough they don't roll out. I really haven't run outside much since the start of the year but that wind has been horrid!

Damaris