Monday For Over 40 : ) (Read 19 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post.Sleepy

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Arimathea, these highly stressful times (when everyone is stretched very thin in caring for the very infirm individual) can cause tempers to flare. DH has been a terribly difficult patient. The whole situation is worse when the patient is non cooperative. Be sure NOT to blame yourself for any of this. Hopefully, things will be calm for all of you for a while. I know when things are said, they cannot be unsaid. But at least perhaps the whole situation will at least get a little better. Our kids speak their minds at times like this. :::HUGS:::

Friday I grocery shopped, then did 50 minutes cardio DVD workout.

Saturday was SDO

Sunday Buddy and I did a 45 minute run with walking a mile afterward.

Teeth cleaning this morning. After work I plan a run at the gym and cardio DVD at home.

Yesterday I went antique hunting and found some Wedgwood pieces.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day. I'm trying to behave and take more rest days. I've run a ton of miles this year already. Besides my arm is sore from the flu shot and I was just tired.

Tessa hugs. And, yes it was comical him trying to hide the toy. He was very unhappy when he discovered we had taken it

Cindy no the neighbor isn't a runner. Not close. He just likes to jibber jabber and to show off his new stuff. Every home improvement he likes to show me. Usually right after a run as his house is about. .15 from ours so it is usually my cool down and I'm walking. He hangs out in his garage and always waves etc. They are good neighbors.

Marjorie

Good Morning!

Ugh!  I tweaked my back during group power this morning.  I hope the chiro can fix me.  Waiting for the office to open.

Caught up on sleep last night.  I was SO tired!  Slept like a baby.  Even the dogs stayed asleep all night.  Wink

Have a great day!

Anonymous Guest

I decided that even though I'm not really following a plan right now, I'm going to keep taking Monday as a rest day like I did during my last training. It's probably the day I could use sleeping in the most since I'll be getting back into things after the weekend. Busy day of meetings and meeting with the girl who had the job before me. She is in town for our meetings the next two days, then staying two more days to go over the job and teach me as much as possible.

Tessa, sorry DH and DS are butting heads. I hope it doesn't cause too much stress for you.

camille, you asked about my new association - it's even more exciting than asphalt, if you can believe it. I'm working for the Vinyl Siding Institute. Yes, there is indeed an association for everything.

I finally got up the courage to get on the scale this morning and was pleased to see that after my massive eating leading up to the marathon and crappy eating post marathon and starting my new job, I didn't gain weight. I hadn't weighed myself for the last month because I was afraid to see what was happening!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, boy, you choose the most interesting employers. Didn't you say once that there's an Association of Associations? A SDO is probably a good idea. Remind me when the Hoover Dam run is? I may not be able to make it depending on what's going on with DH, but if I can I will.

Judy, thanks for the reassurance. I honestly can only see one way that the situation will get substantially better, and it's an awful thing to say (though we all think it at times). And that is pretty much what DS said to DH.

Marjorie, my arm was sore too. One of those things that you don't want to do but you have to -- and with all your travel I would think a flu shot is a must. Poor chagrined Hammy realizing that you knew he had hidden that coveted toy...

Susan, take care of your back!

No run this morning, I took Sis to the airport early. I will go to the gym at lunch

camille2

Sue, congrats on the Grand Master and the costume win!  Sound like it was fun! Wow on the wt loss from the colonoscopy.

Tessa, I really feel for your son. My mom is very easy to get along with and it's still tough being a caregiver because she wants us to stay  at her house and that's getting old fast. No internet, no cable and the house at 80 degrees.  I can't imagine having to do it as a teen, esp. with someone difficult. I sure hope hospice is giving you a lot of help.  Hugs to you and son.

Karen, I would never have guessed the assn., but I'm sure that's  a big business  BTW, how big was that marathon pr?

Marjorie, you deserve a day off! You're nice to take time to admire your neighbor's yard.

Carol, congrats on the pr! How is it the race directors always find hills in the last part of the course?

Gatsby, hop you're having a nice work from home day.

Another very nice fall day here so I got out for about an hour. I'm going to start tracking miles again soon but right now, I just want enjoy it.

Edit to add: Cindy, didn't mean to skip you. I admire you for switching to tea.  With the steroids over the past few months, my wt went up, too. I'm off them now so  I'll have to switch my nightly cereal to tea.  : )  Good idea.

LC Runs

Hi Ladies Smile

Judy - hope you had a great day!

Marjorie - glad you had a rest day.  You definitely run tons of miles and deserve some time off!!

Sue - ugh, hope the back feels better!

Karen - sounds like a good plan!  Glad the new job is going well.  Speaking of asphalt, we're getting a new driveway this week, so there goes my PTO payout from previous job lol!  But, it is greatly needed, am looking forward to not having to deal with flooding, etc...

Tessa - sorry to hear your DH and DS are not getting along, what stress.  My arm hurt quite a bit this year from the flu shot, too.  What kind of job does your Sis have that she travels so much?

Hi Camille!!!

Yesterday, I ran 7 with my girlfriend, she is 'thinking' of running a marathon next summer (June) but only if I run it with her...LOL - I'll keep you posted on that one.  Then, my BF and I met my mom and her hubby in Traverse City and saw a production of "Les Mis", it was so good!  Went to dinner afterward then made the trek home.  Very nice day, I felt so cultured ha ha!

3.7 miles after work with two of my work buddies, felt really good to help them work toward their running goals - I feel like a mentor of sorts and it makes me happy.

Bikerchick1

Judy - Wise words to Tessa...

Marjorie - Enjoy your rest day, you take so few!

Crazysue - Hope your back gets "untweaked"!

Karen - Sounds like you are settling into your new job!  when is your next Marathon?  I think I saw that you skipped one this week-end...sounded like a good decision.

Tessa - Ugh on all the stress you have....your shoulders have to just be getting bigger and bigger....sigh...what doesn't kill us makes us stronger....right???

Camille - Glad to hear you are back out running and off the steroids!

LCruns - How nice to have people to run with from work, you will be a great mentor!  Did I see the "M word" (marathon) in your post....Shocked...fun!

Got back from Columbus this afternoon.  Seriously running marathons is like labor.....at the end you are saying NEVER again....2 hours later you are saying....hmmmm....what could I do different next time....Roll eyes

Carol

Nice race Carol!!!

PT today and did 2.7 on the treadmill and up to 65% again.

Lisa

LC Runs

Hi Carol!  Great job yesterday Smile  This is the friend you met at the Resolution Run last year...she is thinking about  the Charlevoix Marathon, which I have heard good things about.

Lisa - great 2.7!

runlikeagirl18

Just jumping in to say that I ran 5.6 miles this morning and my shins felt pretty good. I felt a twinge at one point when I was running uphill, but that's it. I'm hopeful....

Tessa - I knew the Coyote Ridge race was far from you, but I thought you might have heard about it. Sorry about the fight; I'm sure it just ups the stress level.

Marjorie - sounds like a rest day is in order.

Crazysue - I hope the back feels better.

Karen - yay on the no weight gain! Wish I could say the same.

Camille - I know you're glad to be off the steroids! DS3 was on them for 12 days for poison ivy. We were lucky that he tolerated them without too many side effects.

Laura - sounds like a nice day.

Carol - congrats on the PR! I know what you mean about a marathon being like labor; every half I run, sometime in the first mile, I think  "why am I doing this again?"

Lisa - sounds like progress!

Off to bed-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2