Womens Running

Weekenddailies (Read 15 times)

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Good luck to our racers this weekend. Run strong. Run happy.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

8 easy miles today for my last long run before my own race next weekend.

Will be getting lots of rest leading up to it as I got my robocall not to come to work next week. Bahaha. Our Canadian Thanksgiving is Monday but we will be celebrating tomorrow. Pray it goes well because DH doesn't get along with his mom and she's coming.

Lori

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I spoke too soon about the no side effects from the booster. Chills/fever since 2am so I didn't sleep much. It's gone but I'll move my run to tomorrow and just nap later or do cross training. I am sad, it's a gorgeous day and 41F right now while it will be in the high 50s tomorrow. Boo, lol.

Anyway, after my chair saga, I was even able to remove the tape from my knee and it hasn't given me issues since then. I figure the hamstrings were being inflamed by the chair and it would affect the knee and the back of the knee accordingly. Remove the inflammation and the results would go away too.

Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lori, enjoy you’re additional time off.  Also thx giving. 

Damaris, hopefully your chills are short lived.  Mine were.  

Finished with my 20K. Pleased with it.  Challenging course on parts.  Some super duper easy.  I just plodded along.  Actually not last!   Shockingly I passed people. So, a win for me.  (For Finishing, not being last&hellipWink

Karen is out there still doing the 50K.  She passed me quite a bit ago looking great!!!   We have no idea what her finishing time will be.  Ultra signup puts her at 10 hours which is stupidly slow for her.  She projected 7-8.   Nearing 6.5 now.  I’m right behind where the course crosses the road to the finish.  Not sure i can beat her (speedy as she is) to the finish line if I see her at the top of the hill.  I decided to chill (literally in the a/c) while waiting for her.  There’s no shade at the S/F. 

Dropping Karen off a free the race (she is literally 10 min from here) and heading home.  Desperately hoping the drive home is better than the one here….  

OK.  Mumbled enough.  

Happy weekend. 

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Go, Karen! I think she didn't run much in the last few weeks but I hope she continues strong til the end.

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Congratulations Kat!

And get er done, Karen!

Feel better soon,  Damaris. This is exactly why I'm going to wait until after next weekend to get my shot.

Lori

Half Crazy K 2.0

7 mimles. Still felt really sluggish and no energy while running. My lymph nodes are still swollen and painful. Trying to decide if I want to go to one of the local famr stands for freshly picked apples.

BerthaSlayer, always fun wihen you have to deal with family drama at the holidays. FBIL and FSIL always were a pain in the ass about showing up in a timely manner. The highlght was the year they showed up late for Thanksgiving, were supposed to bring mashed potatoes and instead had a buckete of raw potatoes. Everything else was ready to eat and we had to wait.

Docket, glad you figured out a possible sourcec for the knee issue. Hope you feel better. The feeling crappy and unable to sleep part about these shots is the aboslute worst.

KatS, congrats on the race!

AnonymousGuest, Go!

Weeeeeekend!

Kat, nice job!  Just do the same at javelina, plod along, you'll be fine.

Rumor has it that Karen is done with the 50k, yay!

Kilmisters, have a great HM on Sunday!

Lisa is going for 100 at Mo Bell this weekend.  Go Lisa!

Lori, happy Thanksgiving.  Hope all goes well with no family drama.

Damaris, good that the side effects did not last too long.  Hope the knee woes are behind you now.

HCK, annoying that you're still not feeling great.  Even so, 7 is a solid run.

8 miles yesterday, 15 miles today, 10 on the schedule for tomorrow.  Getting stuff together for our trip to the Baltics on Wednesday, yay!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Anonymous Guest

That was hard. I had no idea what I was getting into! I finished in 8:20.Had I known what the trails were going to be like, I'd have predicted slower, so I'm happy. As soon as I got through the trails I've run out there, the turned really tough. If you look at my paces, it looks like I went out too fast, but I promise I didn't! It was all the easy vs difficult trails and then the heat. I considered dropping at the mile 18 aid station, as the entire route from mile 11 to there was just awful. Decided to keep going, and glad I did because the way back was better. But then still had both big hills to climb - those were slow! Not to mention a lot of sunshine the last ten miles and it was 86 degrees when I finished. The 100k is two loops - no way in hell will I ever do that! This was the hardest 50k I've run.

Damaris, the time off didn't hurt me (the difficult trails took their toll though), fyi. Sorry for the side effects, is the weather decent tomorrow?

Lori, hope you have a good time tomorrow. Looking forward to hearing about your race next weekend - you've had some good runs lately.

Kathryn, so glad you came up for the race! Thanks for driving and waiting for me to finish! You now have the distinction of being the only one in this group that has seen me walk to the finish line! I'm feeling better after a shower and a pizza has been ordered.

HCK, sorry you're still feeling kinda blah. Stinks that the shots have such an effect on you.

Margaret, Baltics trip came up fast! Nice running today (and I'm sure tomorrow). You'd have probably sailed right through this course, while I'm thinking about dropping to the 50k at Dinosaur.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great job, Karen, woot! Weather is nice tomorrow but not 40s nice like today.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Just looked at the unofficial results -first in the 50-59 age group. There are still 9 runners on the course, almost 11 hours in.

Kathryn beat a whole bunch of people!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Just looked at the unofficial results -first in the 50-59 age group. There are still 9 runners on the course, almost 11 hours in.

Kathryn beat a whole bunch of people!

Great job, Kat!

Congrats on the win!

Damaris

LC Runs

Way to go, Kat and Karen!!

Kilmisters

PB!!!!! Sqqqueeeeee! But I already can't walk, hb is helping me up whenever I need to get moving after sitting down.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Elina, I just saw on Strava that you killed it, and a PB!!  Huge congrats.  Not being able to move is the best feeling after a fab race.

Thanks for the congrats.  I was happy with it and surprised not to be last, or ahead of that many.  (What, 7-8)  There were definitely some tough parts.  On the 20K there was a fair portion of enjoyable and easy bits.

Karen, you rocked it.  It was definitely tough, sounds like yours was quite a bit tougher than the 20K.  And it was damned hot out there.  Glad I stayed to see you finish!!!  Must send you photos.

Damaris, hope you're feeling better now.

Margaret, you're leaving Wed!  Wow.  And you have been doing great with your miles.  WTG.

Kathi, fresh local apples sound good, but you need the energy to enjoy them.  Sorry you're not feeling great.

Hi Laura!

Chill day on hand.  It's lovely out, but it will be a TV day.  I offered to make some cups for the place I relief at, and I haven't started them.  I have 8-10 to do and they're due next week.  Need to boogie.  Today is design day.

Have a great end to your weekend all.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024