Womens Running

Two Coffee Tuesday - Supermoms (Read 29 times)

runninmere

Waves ladies!  Long time no post, but just wanted to pop in quickly to say HI and I miss posting!

Mer - YAY :-)  Glad you went public on RA :-)  I'm SO happy for you!  And how many weeks are you now?  And yes, you are So tiny that I imagine your bloat is like my normal, every day :-)

Jen - Hope your little guy feels better soon!

Bermy - HI!  I miss seeing you since your not a FB poster.  Sorry you guys having the tummy bug.  That was me last week...it was MIS.  Good for DS for nursing away.  That's awesome.

arm - I'm drooling at the thought of a massage.  Enjoy thoroughly!!

Zorbs - SO cute about "I love you mommy"  I would have melted into a puddle.

RR - This has been so sad lately.  After the nausea stage finally ended I started to get back in a groove and then bam, the stomach flu hit.  SO, I ran this past Saturday and won't again until tomorrow morning...prob 4ish with the stroller.  Hoping to maintain 3 day/week running while preggo.

PGR - 15ish weeks and feeling good.  Still nauseous somewhat in the early morning and late night, but mostly feeling good.  Still tired and headachey though.  I have an appointment this Friday.  Most of y'all probably saw on FB, but at our nuchal scan, they guessed we are having a baby girl.  I'm so excited abotu the idea, but not letting it fully soak in until it is confirmed or denied at the anatomy scan in a few weeks.

TR - talking more and more and picking up on little phrases...his most recent one is  "Oh no!"  He is SUPER busy and does NOT like to be held or cuddled.  I'm really hoping next baby is more a cuddler :-)  Thinking of moving him to a big boy bed before baby girl gets here, but not sure.

NRR - DH and I have a MUCH needed date night this Thursday.  We have def hit a marriage rut with all my yuckiness during the first tri and his two nights a week getting his MBA after he works.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - what was Sam's HM time? I love the unprompted I love you's! Sounds like he might be heading out of whatever that screamy phase he's been in.

ernie - M does that sometimes when she wants us to interact with her. Have fun at the maple syrup festival, YUM!

bermy - ugh, that sucks that you're all still so sick! I hope the interview went well. How much longer are you in Bermy, I'm thinking with all you've sold you must not have many days left.

Jen - I also need to get my oil changed and I don't want to talk about my brows... I'm still going to run Smile

cx2 - ugh on the friend! I saw from yesterday that she walked! YAY! That totally explains why she hasn't done other things, she was working on the walking skill, I bet the rest will fall into place now.

shel - yay for sleep!! There is no way I could run 8 without eating! YAY for countdowns!

mer - I was so useless for a lot of my pregnancy... I'd lie on the couch reading stories to M until DH got home and then he'd take her and I'd nap. I had people guessing too... I just told them to butt out and mind their own business.

arm - I think if you have a stress fracture the pain is constant, you could try the jump test just jump up and down and if the spot hurts that's a bad sign. I hope it's just shin splints!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

runnergirl9508

Morning ladies:

RR: just finished 7.4 miles with 2x2 mikes at tempo pace. Avg 6:36/mile for first set and 6:33 for second. it's a good hard workout and I felt great today!

TR: is into stickers now. My mom took us out for diminer last night, an he was really good. Ate almost all of his grilled cheese and a huge bowl of applesauce.

NRR: mom is leavin today, it was great having her here. But I am looking forward to getting back to normal.

NRR/TR2: weaned him over the weekend! He was only nursing once a day- just at bed time. He's doing great and I am too. We made it 18 months! Now I'm expecting AF to start any day...

bbl for personals after my mom gets on the road.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

cx2 - I do the opposite to one uppers - so if they say, "DD was using a fork properly and speaking in full sentences by 6 months!" I would reply, "B is still using a bottle at age 3 and refuses to potty train."

shelby - studying is the worst thing ever..I learn so much better with practical experience.

mer - oh B last night only kind of makes up for all the other crap he does.

arm - if I figured out DH was coughing on purpose, he'd be sleeping on the couch for awhile.

CA - I like running with people, but have never liked STing with others..it's nice to have a spotter but just takes way too long. Sam's time was 1:51.  My PR is 1:52 but I ran that on a downhill course, I could never equal that on a flat course.

mere - my cat stopped being cuddly and B isn't either.  I just give off really bad stay away from me vibes.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CTimesTwo

Mom is supposed to come over so I think i'll run outside when she does ... meanwhile..

CA - yea, C loves her Sophie too, esp in the bath... I have yet to meet a baby who doesn't like sophie...

mere - glad to hear you're doing well!  I remember have all day nausea until 17 weeks...

arm - enjoy the massage!  I love 'em... I had one last week and another next week..

mer - one person said to me, when I was preggo, "I wasn't sure if you were pregnant or just out of shape."  That bothered me way more than being called fat.

shelby - great on the STTN!

strollermama

Woohoo.  Got my run in!

ernie:  It depends on how far I run.  I can do 6ish or less without eating.  Anything more and I definitely need to eat.  The problem is to run before school I have to star running at 5, so I would have to eat at like 4.  No thanks Smile

mere:  So glad to have you on RA.  I missed that on FB!  Such exciting news.

RG: Awesome run! You are so fast missy.

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

strollermama

jen:  We are flying to NC for spring break to be with DH.  He has to work but we can at least see him during the night!  I am somewhat dreading the flight though...  I have flown with H probably about 8-10 times, always without DH, and it always goes better than expected, but I get nervous none the less.

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: yesterday was a SRD, min of 4 miles on tap for today. Depending on weather conditions, I might make it a tempo. DH is going to do his firefighter crossfit tonight, so if we can line things up right, I'd like to try it out, even if it means hitting it up at the end of my run and keeping R strapped in the stroller and out of harms way.

BR: Tried a later bedtime which seemed to make for better sleep, YAY! The last 30 minutes he was up he was a total fidget monster/show off. This morning he slept until 6, woke up and was talking to himself (hasn't happened in ages), and was generally sweet and adorable. If he was like that every morning I wouldn't want to go to work.

FR: Last night was verde chicken enchiladas (corn tortillas), refried beans, and a salad. Not sure about tonight yet, we might need to polish off some leftovers. Third full day of gluten free is going well, I went to the health food store- its as bad as Whole Foods, spent $83 on not very much food!

NRR: R slept better but I still found myself waking at 2 am out of habit. I made an effort to drink lots of water yesterday and had to pee on the hour I swear. I fell asleep early again, I need to get my circadian rythms back in check.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

BermyHorse

YAY we passed our green card interview! The guy was super nice. And I had graduated one of the ladies's daughters from my high school so, well, she knew all about me and our lives. I think because we had been to the American Consulate so many times for different things which we needed notarising for our house and DS that it was pretty obvious we are legit.

Yesterday DH and I sorted out everything we own in the world into the following piles:

1. overseas shipping (the company are coming in an hour to pack up and take away the stuff to send to Nashville).

2. take with us in suitcases (using until leave)

3. house sale and then donation to second hand store

4. trash.

It was quite the epic sort out but Dh held DS and I just held up items and we did it really quickly.

Am selling a stroller, bassinet and rug at 2pm. Phew. Back for personals later. And I feel amazingly better. Not quite normal, but much better. 

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

armmama

man I'm tired today.  Ended up having tennis clinic but didn't feel like being there.  Plus I was running for a ball and stepped on another ball and twisted my knee a little so after that I didn't feel like moving much.

CA - that's an early flight!  How long will you be gone?  my leg doesn't hurt when I play tennis or do anything else so I'm thinking it's not a sfx.  I'm sure I just need to take it easier after my half, I just have a hard time doing that apparently. Smile

mere - good to see you and I'm glad things are going well!  enjoy your date night!

rg - great job making it 18 months!  I still nurse L at naptime and bedtime although I feel like there is nothing coming out of me, I think he is just doing it for comfort and it's such an easy way for me to get him to sleep so I'll keep doing it unless he starts biting me Smile

spike - yay for better sleep!  We tried going gluten free for a while once, yep, pricey!

bermy - yay for passing green card interview!  I'm sure it helps you feel better checking things off your list!

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- so sweet about the unprompted "I love you". Your chicken pies are being neglected lately, tsk tsk!

Ernie- R does that with the door too- usually in our bedroom that has blackout shades so then he is freaked out because its pitch black in there.

Bermy- good luck at your interview. Obviously, the laws against p0rn aren't working there... Good job on your sale, I am thinking I might do a quickie yard sale- like 2-3 hours max on one of the coming weekends.

Jen- proctoring sounds BO-Ring!  Hope you get your run in. I have never waxed my eyebrows. I'm lazy and I don't even pluck, but then again my eyebrows are blonde and I have to pencil them in.

cx2- Your friend is what we like to call a "mombie."  Change the subject, and if she won't leave it alone, don't hang out with her anymore.

SHelby- after you do your clinical rotations are you a PA then? Yay for visiting DH on spring break. I need a vacation or a day away really bad, but I have a feeling I'm going to need to take off a day or two to pack and move in the next couple of weeks so I can't blerg.

Mer- LOL kids say the darndest things.   I charge almost everything to my visa to earn points then pay it off each month so I don't get interest charges, that's how I was able to get $900 to buy a computer.

armama- does your Chiro do Graston too? It hurts like a mother but it really clears up stubborn injuries. I have been messing around with trying to heal my strained calf for a year and one Graston treatment finally got me back to wear I can move my ankle freely again.  Oh and Kinesio tape is awesome for supporting your knee/ITB.

CA- R didn't chew on his sophie that much, he much prefered to bang me with it to make it squeak. Good luck with your flight tomorrow, how early do you leave?

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

FR2- I guess I'm going to have to learn how to like wine since most beer has gluten Sad  I know there are some Sorghum beers and stuff, but my favorite is Hefeweizen, probably the worst one for gluten!  I suppose there is always Lambic Smile

mere- That would be cool if you had a baby girl!  I'm pretty sure I want two kids, I would be perfectly fine with a boy or a girl on the next one because I already got my little boy I wanted Smile. I have to say I'm kinda jealous that all these ladies are having babies, but then I remember you guys are pregnant and that's one of the parts of having another kid I'm not excited about LOL. I actually enjoy the toddler stage a lot so far. Yay for date night!  We had to cancel ours this week.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Runnergirl- I'm suprised your AF didn't come back with only one nursing session a day. I could feel it coming back with morning and night, so the Dr. told me to just wean him if I didn't want to get PG because the mini pill wouldn't protect me. Glad you had a nice time with your mom.

Armama- Its the specialty products that are pricey, so if I dont bake too often or eat bread/snacks a lot (which I shouldn't anyways) and just stick to the whole grains, it shouldn't be too bad on price. Brown rice is cheap.

BermyHorse

I have a spare minute between people coming in and out of the house.I am waiting on the international shippers. They said they would be here early afternoon. Wtf does that mean?! 12.30-3.30?!

RR: my coach and I talked on the phone about me leaving and she started crying and then I started crying and well, we were both crying on the phone for about 27 minutes. DH said we can all go and see her race in the masters indoor worlds when she competes. I would like that very much.

Zorbs – okay, very cute on the leg screaming and I love you mom. Join the DH coughing club. And then changing puke sheets several times in the night. I look a complete mess. Yes, the US took me germs and all. Hilarious on coffee driving to wrong window.

Ernie – ha ha on the zombie walk. I was thinking of you and weight loss as when you had your sickness you said you lost 2lbs. I think I lost 2lbs too – kind of like an oxymoron – the weight loss from sickness is horribly convenient. My legs are very fresh but I am scared that I have lost fitness. I think I panic needlessly though. Guy buying computer didn’t say p0rn exactly but he was very interested in graphics card and illegal downloads.

Jen – I did A LOT of proctoring in my position as head of high – mainly marching up and down with kids lining up, reading warnings, dealing with lates all the crap that goes with those tests. I remember being ridiculously pg and in one physics exam we had about 3 kids and I sat at the back with my feet up. Normally I would be looking like Mrs Trunchbull from Matilda and giving the strict stare. I am hoping to get out running tomorrow.

Cx2 – forgot to warn you that the week after DS learnt to walk, his forehead was covered in bruises from falling – in a huge row – even some bruises on bruises. Just for a week and then he got the hang of it.

Shelby – you aren’t selling me on that radiology class. I love your countdowns. I did charm them, you would have been killing yourself laughing at my sweetness. I think I even jumped up and down with glee when we passed. The consulate general guy thought it was adorable.

Mer – I am super excited for you and your pg. Please take the time that you need to look after yourself and growing LO.

Arm – 6m and personal training?! You are storming it – esp after racing. Take care of yourself. Little guy is SO much better today. It is a good day for everyone.

CA – great job on STing. I definitely need to do more of that. Agree on not doing laundry every day. I also re-wear stuff when we’re away. We’re about to book our flights for next Thursday 14th to leave for good.

Mere – how exciting for a little girl! Have you started getting any things? Glad you are feeling better. And thanks so much for your thoughtful comments on fb about me being sick. I am feeling much better now.

Rg – congrats on making it to 18mo nursing – that is such an awesome gift to your son. Great job. Even with Af back mine is so irregular. I have no idea what is going on. DH and I are not TTCing at all right now cos of current chaos of emigrating. Beautiful running. Wonderful job. Thank you so much for sharing your workout and your pacing. I really appreciate it.

Spike – more selling stories - I have my ex-husbands (the abusive hitter) girlfriend coming over to buy our rug. But she doesn’t know who I am as my name on our email account is still that stupid fundentessenschilissenmann one. They have a 22mo baby girl and she is 8wks preggo with second. I know this as the nanny loves me at playgroup although she doesn’t know who I am either. I am lookingforward to exiting stage right from my history for good next week. We are having our house sale on Sat and just putting stickers on everything else that is left. 8am til whenever... I am really glad R had a better night for everyone's sake.

BermyHorse

CA - have a lovely trip - would love to hear about your adventures if you get a moment to post whilst you are away.