Womens Running

Late Mondailies (Read 10 times)

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I've my rescheduled cardiologist appointment tomorrow so I ran tomorrow's miles today on the tm. 5 miles.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon! Pilates for me after work. I have 4 hearings today, 3 already done. Then my new cases needed the creditor's committee letters and that's 80 people we have to serve total. There is only two people here today including me. I can say it's already 1:20pm so the day has flown at least.

Damaris

No running lately.I just can't cram it all in right now.

We were really busy over the weekend to get ready for Christmas. I'm planning to bake a couple of batches of cookies during the week and I am DONE.

Tomorrow is DH's colonoscopy. I'm at the office while he's uh, studying for his big test. Prep is no fun and he woke up mad about it. Good day to work in the office.

Work has just been off the rails stressful and I just have had enough. My teammates feel the same. Last week was just awful.

I hope y'all are doing well.

Anonymous Guest

Over half way home and stopped for the night in lovely Muskogee, Oklahoma. The front desk clerk was way too happy. There is apparently a Christmas parade tonight downtown, wherever that is, with lots of free food. I think I'll just stay under these blankets and hit the food I bought at the gas station before stopping. Should be home early afternoon tomorrow, and glad to be headed back to TX before this cold front and snow coming. It will be cold enough in TX, don't need to deal with the midwest cold and snow.

My mom said she feels a lot better about things. I told her several times that customer service people are generally very kind people if you are nice to them. And that she can call me or text me about anything that comes up, and forward me any emails she gets that she doesn't know what to do with. This morning before I left I canceled my dad's credit cards and his health insurance. I think we found all his recurring charges and transferred to my mom's card. All the people I talked to were very kind and helpful, and she was sitting right there with me to see/hear how it went. I told her even if she misses a bill or something like that, she should just call and explain that she's new to it and still learning. No one is going to turn off service or charge late fees for an 80-year-old widow trying to navigate all this stuff for the first time. Anyway, I'm glad I went and she said she was really glad I was there, both to see me and because she needed my help with all that stuff.

Margaret, I absolutely loved Anxious People. I think I've read all his books, except his latest, which I just got from the library yesterday. It's the third (of three) of the Beartown series.

Hang in there, working people, Christmas is almost here!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Glad you are on your way, Karen! If you get hungry, now you know where to go!

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Rest day. Did at least get a walk in mid day since I had to go to our admin offices. It's probably about 1.5 miles round trip, but very broken up with traffic lights every block.

BerthaSlayer, nice 5.

Docket,  it always sucks when hardly anyone is in the office. I used to say that when we were in office for snow days. Either I was just that important (not) or dumb for coming in.

CrazySue, seems like a good reason to come into the office.

AnonymousGuest, seems like you had a productive week. I'm sure your mom appreciated the help. The Christmas parade could be interesting, ide from the cold part.

Went for a walk, no run.  Nice thing about having no schedule is that there are no SRDs or URDs.  Got too busy at work and had to climb out from under a pile of stuff.  Does that count as cross training?

Karen, Lori -- Anxious People is my favorite Backman book so far, but I've only read three.  A Man Called Ove is second, and I didn't think anything could be better than that.

Damaris, hearing about your day makes me tired!

Crazysue, I hear you on work being stressful.  We're government employees, we shouldn't be so stressed!  Good luck to DH tomorrow!

HCK, I haven't been into the office for a few months, but there's talk of a new year's meet up at the office in January.  I miss my work friends.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR