Womens Running

Mondailies (Read 13 times)

Just 2 miles this morning.  Neighborhood dog was loose, so we (me and Scamp) turned around and walked back to the house w DH & Skye. Dog is harmless, but he will run the entire way with you zipping back and forth and I didn't want to risk tripping over two pups.

Rode 20 miles in the park Saturday. Woohooo!!

Congrats Margaret!!!!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

After 8 days in the 100s and lows of almost 80F, it was 56F this morning. Lovely especially for running if I wasn't stuck in the fucking office.

5 later.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

6.7 miles today for me. I need to get my butt moving earlier, after sitting around and drinking coffee and not getting out until after 8, by the time I'm finishing it's getting pretty warm. Okay, 70, but 70 is hotter here. Saw a fb post from the TX local news page (Waco), telling people to get outside and enjoy the weather today, since the high will be under 100 for the first time in weeks. It will be 96, and th heat index is already 101, but hey, get out there and enjoy it! Checked the forecast and it looks like 2-3 days before it gets back in the 100s. We won't be going back there for over a month, thank goodness.

Riley has an appointment for his rabies shot this afternoon. Pain in the butt to find a local vet and take him just for that. His other shots aren't due until November (apparently I let those lapse when we were building the house, so they went from August to November, but the rabies is 3 years). So he gets to go today, then gets to go to our regular vet this fall for the rest of his shots and annual checkup.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Unexpected day off work today for hubby's uncle funeral. He was a nice man  Technically I could have made it to work on time afterwards but nah.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Half Crazy K 2.0

2 miles on the rteadmill + strength training. I swear they messed with the traffic light cycles in the city and county, making the commute hell this morning.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...

It was wonderful seeing Margaret and meeting her DH.  And a hoot to see her on the trail.  She looked great at 50.

It was fab seeing my GF in Bend, we met over 30 yrs ago and are still close.  Though we saw each other last summer or fall here in TX, I hadn't been back to OR since I left in 2016.  I forgot how nice it is there in general and had a new appreciation for Bend.

It was AWFUL dealing with one of the two women from home who I went to crew for.  One's behavior was just terrible.  I think it is safe to say we will not remain friends.  Her friend though is a sweetie.  The one was so bad, I opted to take the bus to the airport instead of riding with them.  Mind you, it was a 3 hour drive over the mountains.  MUCH happier doing that.

Had a personal thing happen which really is weighing me down.  No details, but damn.  I'm fine, just shook.

Sitting in the Vegas airport on a 3 hour layover that is down to 2 until boarding.  I had 5 1/2 hour wait at the Eugene airport, not as bad as it seemed.   Fell asleep on the seats at the boarding gate and woke myself up more than a few times snoring, hehe.

OK, has anyone watched The Whale?  WOW.

Sitting in a Mexican bar with a cocktail killing time.

Adios!

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024