Womens Running

Fantastic Friday Supermoms (Read 18 times)

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- glad D snapped out of it, I wish R would. This week has been trying. Mmmm both those WF meals sound delish. My little burger joint in town has the most awesome turkey sandwiches on this thick homemade wheat bread, I miss them.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

BermyHorse

NRR: I have my third AF in a month. Nice, on bcps. AF clearly didn’t get the message that she was supposed to go away with high mileage and lower body weight. She just keeps coming back for more. I hope she settles down. On the plus, the bcps make my hoohaa rather, erm (tmi) moist which is fab, esp bf-ing.

Rg – remind me what your DH does again? Good luck with that xmas shopping! You are so good starting early. I only have DH, DS and my secret elf supermom to buy for, so for me it’s pretty easy.

Zorbs – are you an only child? Do you ever write any of your own music/songs?

Ernie – yay for higher miles and running well! How did your 3 hour shopping trip go? Do pass any tips my way. I went this morning before running as soon as I dropped DS with the sitter. And I was in and out in 11 minutes. Yeah, with child it’s about 1hour 11 minutes.

CA – hope you can get a new FOB. The thought of my DS in the bathroom on his own is scary. He needs supervising all the time.

Arm – I had a good think about your funk and I just wanted to reassure you that even though you just ran a marathon, you have all that lovely base. When I started running harder this year, I ran it on the back of my Nashville rnr marathon which meant I could already handle the miles and LRs. You have all that base. Also, I have no desire, whatsoever right now, to run another marathon. Maybe go short for a bit? I was also thinking about you getting up at night – does DD2 need night intensive nursing too? I hadn’t even thought to ask that question until I put myself in your shoes.

Spike – I have the 880s and they are high on the backs of my ankles. They were good and are an intermediate shoe but I wasn’t in love with them. I just ordered mizuno wave riders. I am treating myself to more cushioning… I secretly hope you are my secret santa person so you can just send me a big bag of scrap material which you pillaged from by where you work. That would be a glorious gift for me. You are a GREAT thinker of what people like – you really don’t need to spend a ton on a gift. If you are stuck, then ask me and we can think through some ideas!

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- I should just pillage my personal stash of fabric for you anyways. I have a giant rubbermaid bin full. Some of it I inherited from my stepgrandma, some purchased, some gifts.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- I forgot. I tried on Mizunos in the store and they were too narrow in the toebox, otherwise I would totally try them.

BermyHorse

spike - tell zorbs to rig the elf thing so you can send me scraps. there. sorted.

RR2: I just looked over my running log and this week is the hardest, fastest, most intense running week of my whole life. I am proud of that.

RR3: Oh my - coulnd't forget to share this. I told my bermycoach about the bermy 1000s where I averaged sub-4mins and she said "i wish I was the one watching over you". I teared up. I miss her so much. So cute.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

bermy - I liked your reminder that you started this HUGE training cycle coming off marathon training.  I hope I come off my marathon cycle half as awesome as you!  I think you were working on lung capacity today! Glad DS is back in sorts, they like to test us!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE my wave riders!!

spike - it's you're kid... if you don't want him to have electronics then it's up to you to say it... nothing wrong with that.  Did you size up when you tried on mizunos?  I wear a 9.5 mizuno and street shoes I'm a 8.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Erniegirl

Bermy - 2000m repeats. Barf! I don't think I'll be stealing that workout Joking Yum, turkey and brie is a great sandwich combo. Ha, if you are looking for tips on how to make the grocery shopping trip shorter, you are asking the wrong person. I've taken to treating it like an activity so I don't get frustrated with the slow poke pace. I let her out of the cart to "help" but once she starts trying to run away and hide (which inevitably happens at some point), she gets a warning and then if she does it again, she gets strapped back in the cart. Sometimes there are tantrums, which would have horrified me in the past, but I really don't give a crap what people think anymore. Anyway, grocery shopping is a bit exhausting for mama these days, but I figure it's a good learning experience for her and she has a lot of fun.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

superspike113

Honorary Old

CA- In normal shoes I'm a 6.5, and running shoes a 7. They felt plenty long enough and the arch was in the right spot but they did not feel wide enough at all.  I just know so many people who complain about the battles they have with their kids over video games, whether they are toddlers or teens and I want to be a no video game house. I play Candy Crush or Words With Friends occasionally, but not often.

Bermy- Even if I'm not your santa, I'll send you a goodie box when I move and get my junk out of storage.

BermyHorse

CA - I also think the fm training is the reason I have stayed injury free which is pretty much a miracle given I am so doms sore 3 times a week or more. for shoes, I am running mon/weds/fri hard workouts in my racing flats and then tues/thurs/sat in my 'lightweight performance' sayonaras but I am going to treat myself to a more comfortable ride with the wave riders. Hope they fit as there were none in dicks sporting goods to try on last night. I got them in the lilac/purple tulle. So pretty.

spike - screw your MIL. If she really cared, she would ask you what you thought was appropriate and she would already know your stance on electronics. My ex-DH's dad (ex FIL) would buy me ridiculous gifts to get back at ex MIL. One year he bought me a PC and printer. The next a 400 bucks italian leather coat (which was beautiful and so stylish, but seriously, wtf am I going to do with that?). it was so ridiculous.

ernie - maybe it's hard on DS cos I don't buy the same thing every time. he gets so frustrated when he puts something in the cart that he recognises that we buy but they I take it out as we don't need it. Repeat 400 times. The riding the cart thing incites a riot. Maybe I am just destined to shop in my sitter time.

BermyHorse

ernie - my coach warned me that if I was training for a 10k it would have been 5x2000m repeats. I think I was supposed to feel reassured or relieved at that point. Instead, I crossed 1000m and though "are you kidding, I have to do ANOTHER 2.5 laps???"

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - I have fairly narrow feet to begin with, and really like the toe box to be LONG, so they work really well for me.  All my other running shoes are a 1/2 size smaller, when I first tried mizunos on the LRS person advised to size up for the brand.  We have a Wii, but M has never played it, my brothers kids play games on the computer but it always seems like more work than it's worth to teach her how to play that stuff.  She keeps asking for a 'puter' for christmas though, so maybe she'll get a leapfrog - I'm happy to not give her things like that when she's old enough to not know what she's missing but also don't want to fight it once 'everyone else' has one - within reason of course.

BermyHorse

spike - this will make you laugh - I have already knit up 2 balls of wool for froggie's blanket, out of 6. yeah, I am cracking along.

Erniegirl

Bermy - Oh yes, putting things in the cart we aren't going to buy happens all the time! Yesterday, she inexplicably wrestled a family sized box of cereal off the shelf, staggered down the aisle with it and tried to put it in the cart. The box of cereal was the same size as her. It was ridiculous. Anyway, I try to sneak the unwanted items out of the cart when she's distracted by something else so she doesn't feel like her efforts to help are in vain. But if you have a babysitter coming anyway, you should totally go shopping on your own then. Much, much faster!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

bermy - I think the riders will fit great, all the mizunos I've tried have had a similar fit, so since you run in the sayonaras, you should be good.  Hopefully after this FM cycle I can go back to rotating shoes, I'm only wearing riders these days (1 of 3 pairs), because my ankles were starting to get angry with all the miles.  I miss my light shoes for temp/speedier runs. I would really like to try some sayonaras also!

BermyHorse

CA - I love the soles of the sayonaras but find the uppers quite stiff.

ernie - what is your running history? How long did it take you to get 20:XX in the 5k. You are a legend in my world of 21s... I am wondering if I am going to be stuck in the 21s for a while. Just trying to figure it all out and what is realistic.