Womens Running

New Baby Tuesday- Supermoms (Read 362 times)

runnergirl9508

Good Luck to CMGRuns as she meets her little boy today!!!

RR: probably 5+ again on my lunch break at work today. I ran 5.25 yesterday, and taught spin class. We got new bikes at the gym, and they're really nice! You can tell it's January, every single bike (20 total) was in use for class!

TR: was so stinkin cute yesterday! he was putting his blocks into an empty cereal box, then pouring it out like it was a bowl of cereal. We colored a bit yesterday afternoon, and he spent probably 10 minutes putting the crayons back in the box, then shaking them out. The crayons HAD to go in pointy side down, though. he's trying to say more words, too!

NRR: today is our "Open House" at work. One day special (sucker all the resolutioners in) of no joining fee and no monthly dues for Jan. hope we're busy and signing up alot of people, otherwise the day is going to draaaaaag.

From yesterday:

Bermy- yes, before the start of this week, i was still nursing R three times a day- first thing in the morning, before nap, and before bed. It's down to just bed time now. It's a happy/sad thing. WIll be nice to have him off the b00b, but i will miss it.; Fortunatley he's a snuggly kid, so i get lots of hugs throughout the day regardless. I'm not looking forward to getting AF back though, which i'm sure will happen once i wean completely. Sad

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 8K with Sam.

TR - conversation before naptime yesterday:

B: no nap.

me: you have to nap.

B: mommy go sleep!

me: if I go sleep, then you have to as well.

B: ok!

if only things were always that easy.

FR: chicken pie, salad

~~~~~~~~~~

rg - I was expected the gym to be a zoo from open to close, but it was strangely, eerily quiet until 9 am and then BOOM! the mob descended.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

running eh

RR - 7k of intervals on the gym treadmill this morning - it was tough!!

NRR - spent WAY too much money at Costco last night!

FR - was supposed to be roasted chicken with brussels spouts and potatoes, but I need to get to the meat store to get the chicken.

KR - I got the computer out to post this, and the kids started fighting, A LOT!!  GRRR!

CMG - YAY!!!  Hope it all goes well today.

RG - hope your day is busy and that it goes fast!  I love how determined the LOs can be at this age.

Zorbs - does B sleep everyday still?  hope the 8k went well!

Erniegirl

ER - ST tonight

BR - Stood by herself clapping two blocks together for a good 30 seconds before she fell down. Between that and the attempted step on her own last week, I think we might be getting close to walking!

FR - Gnocchi with rose sauce and broccoli. Would rather have something less pasta-like since last night was spaghetti, but we're low on groceries and I won't have a chance to shop until tomorrow.

NRR - Babytime with S at the library this morning and then lunch with my Mom.

~~~~~

Rg - I'm sure you'll be busy at your open house. I've never seen a gym that didn't get completely crazy every January...and then back to normal three weeks later!

Zorbs - That's great that B still naps. I kind of dread the day S stops napping, but this gives me hope that it won't be for a long time! I am definitely going to get a pair of smartwools as you suggested. Do they sell them at the Running Room?

Running eh - Do your kids start fighting because they want on the computer, too? It's crazy how obsessed kids are with electronics. S goes nuts trying to get to any phone, tablet or computer in sight and she's only 10 months old!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

Marathonjen

Carly - I hope everything goes well.  Enjoy your new little boy!!!  So excited for you and your family.

rg - I love spin class...wish there was one I could take where I work out.  I hope you guys have a busy day at work and get a lot of new sign-ups.  Good marketing tactic!!  Cute about R pouring his "cereal!"  I loved your family picture on FB...you guys are so cute!

Zorbs - I love that conversation.  I wish J and I could just both agree to go to sleep!  LOL.  Enjoy your run.

eh! - What did you end up getting at Costco?  You can't get out of that store cheap!  Nice job on the run this morning.

From Yesterday:

CA - DH has been working on a project in Houston and NYC...so basically no where cool.  I have been to both places.  However, I like your idea of a getaway.  He is usually home for the weekends though and with me working there isn't really a time I could fly out for a getaway

RR - Did 5 after work yesterday and will probably do the same today.

TR - So cute...I think he gets cuter every day. I took him to a basketball game for kids at the school I used to teach at and he LOVED it.  At 1/2 time he ran on the court and one of my old coworkers gave him a ball to play with...it was so cute.  I asked him yesterday if he wanted to go to the game and he says..."Yah!"  He is saying more and more things too.  Sometimes I have no idea what it is though.

NRR - I am still a Debbie Downer about things and life in general.  I guess I feel like I have lost a lot of friends over time due to life changes, moving, etc.  I talk to some on the phone still but don't really have anyone near me that I can call to hang out with.  Well my best friend in high school and college and even beyond and I had a falling out when I was pg.  We were both TTC and shared out struggles.  We agreed that when one got pg we would tell the other and not get upset by it.  Well I was the first and I told her she congratulated me and basically stopped talking to me.  I emailed her for 5 months with no response.  Finally in August I sent one last email saying this is it...if I don't hear from you I will know our friendship is over.  She emailed back saying she was upset with me because I made an insensitive comment about asking her if she was pg.  I don't remember that but apparently I did it so I apologized profusely and told her I did not mean to offend her.  We agreed to move forward and started talking a bit more for a month or so.  After that ZERO communication.  Anyway...I got a Happy New Year card (one that she sent to all her friends) in the mail announcing that 2013 is bringing her a baby boy.  Um....I was so hurt by that.  She didn't even write a personal message in it or anything.  Apparently our friendship is non-existent.  I am not sure how to handle this but I really feel this friendship can not be saved.  There is too much history of negative things and we live in different states so it is easy to shut each other out.  How would you handle it?  Now I need to start making friends in my area but not sure how to do it.  I work M-F all day and with DH only home on the weekends he wants to spend time with J and I.  I am at a loss.  I would love to make some road trips to visit friends like Mer in WI or a friend in Chicago but I can only go on the weekends and DH doesn't want us gone.  Thanks for "listening!"

NRR#2 - DH and I have a date night planned for Saturday...finally.

Marathonjen

ernie - Enjoy lunch and story time at the library.  How old is S now?  Sounds like she will be walking pretty soon!

BermyHorse

RR: coaching session at arboretum at 3pm. Absolutely cannot wait to catch up with my coach. She is such a wonderful female role model for me in every way - exercise, diet, nutrition, family life, running etc. I have a billion questions to ask her about just about everything. The weather here is simply perfect for running - high 60s so we are all in heaven.

NRR: playgroup - I really like Tuesday playgroup as a lot of my friends go who have boys DS's age so it's very supportive.

BR: after my run yesterday I had a shower and I look over and see that DS is able to climb on top of the toilet and reach all the forbidden things on the sink counter top. Rethink. My heart stopped. I think my shower time after running is over until DH gets home.

FR: made spring vegetables with ww cheese filled ravioli and mint ricotta last night. It was divine. I fried and egg and put it on the top for DH. Thanks twinmom - you are feeding my fam with your gift.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

runnergirl9508

zorbs- that's how it's been here at the gym lately, too. kinda slow/quiet in the early hours, then the place explodes around 9AM with all of the retirees. haha about B and the nap- i'd definitely take him up on that!

eh- great job on the intervals on the TM!!! i HAAAATE running on the TM so much,so i have utmost respect for anyone who does. bummer abut the kids and the fighting over the computer. i'd be a mean mommy and tell them no computer time until they all get along...

ernie- have a great time with your mom later! i wish mine lived closer so i could see her more often. sounds like S is getting ready to take off walking any day. hope you have a great ST workout. yeah, the gym is usually back to normal by valentine's day.

jen- this is such a fun age with our boys, huh? i'm glad that you and DH have a date night planned- that will be great!!!! sorry for the friend problems, i would have been ticked too. i lost my childhood best friend over something dumb, and even though i've reached out many times to try to repair our friendship, i've gotten nothing back. it's hard to lose friends, and it can be hard to make new ones. i hear ya on the weekend thing- DH and I dont' see much of each other during the week since he works 2-10 and i'm working 5-1, so we try to spend as much time together on teh weekends as we can. hugs to you!!!

Bermy- have fun with your coaching session today- i'm sure it will be a good one! yikes on the climbing onto the toilet! R isn't much of a climber yet, he just runs at top speed everywhere!!! have fun at the playgroup!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

alison - I come from a family of post-lunch nappers. I'm not sure how I made it through years of school without passing out after lunch, but I took up the habit again at some point during university.  I suspect B takes after me in that department.

ernie - yeah you can get smartwools at RR. Maybe Running Free will have them too.

jen - sometimes you do outgrow friendships.  My BFF and I had a falling out in our early 20s that culminated in her asking me to meet up at a bar, her ditching me and then me throwing a beer bottle at her and getting thrown out of the bar.  We didn't talk for 7 years but I friended her on FB when I first joined and we have been good again ever since.

bermy - yikes on climbing on the toilet.  B doesn't do that, but he has climbed on a chair in the kitchen and almost reached the knife block.

rg - the trainers were all saying re: the 9 am crowd (since they did not all seem to be SAHMs or retirees) "doesn't anyone freaking work in this town?!"

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

running eh

Ernie - Guess I should introduce myself to you Smile  I am Alison, I have three kids (almost 7, almost 4 and 1.5).  I haven't run any long distances (10k has been my max) but I am hoping to run a 25k trail run this fall.  I  just dropped down to part time work and am hoping I'll have more time to run.  I am in the Kitchener-Waterloo area  - where are you?  Your dinner sounds delish!  Have fun at the library.

mjen - so sorry about your friend- that stinks!  glad you and DH are having a date night.  What do you have planned?  DH got his stuff at Costco (Clif bars, COLD FX, brownie mix, waffle mix) and I got mine (baking supplies - including a HUGE tub of coconut oil, raisins, vanilla, honey, natural PB etc.) and then we got some fruits and veggies and a few other random things.  Love that DS was playing basketball, how cute!

bermy - have fun with coach!  Let us know what she tortures you with today Smile  What book was it that you got for Christmas?  I remember you posting about it, but I forgot the title.  Glad you like it.  That dInner sounds lovely

RG - the kids want the computer, but I think what they really want is my full attention.  If I am not on the computer things seem to go much smoother.

mrszackmorris

good luck carly!

rr: did 3.2 miles this morning with rp.

nrr: i tried on over 25 pair of jeans this weekend and came home empty handed. i am either going to resort to buying online or just wear sweatpants all the time.

tr: dd1 is still home sick today. she didn't break her fever yesterday so technically can't go to school. i tried to let her sleep in but she is up already and still has a low grade fever (100.5). dd2 was very sad that dd1 got to stay home from school today, but she had to go.

br: says "off" like he's getting paid to do it. in the right context too.

fr: spaghetti last night. probably bbq chicken sandwiches tonight.

--------------------

rg: i am amazed at what c does while he plays.

zorbs: i was saying yesterday that kids will never be this innocent again and i need to cherish that.

runningeh: what did you all get at costco?

ernie: our library times are always directly in the middle of nap times for us; i hate that!

jen: that sucks about your friend. i dreaded telling my best friend who i knew was struggling with getting pregnant. but i knew when i told her she was genuinely happy for me. she then got pregnant the next month so our kids are 4 months apart. i am a firm believer in filling your life with meaningful, healthy relationships. yay for date night with dh! i am thinking about getting a sitter for saturday night too; but the packer game is on at 7:00...

mrszackmorris

good luck carly!

rr: did 3.2 miles this morning with rp.

nrr: i tried on over 25 pair of jeans this weekend and came home empty handed. i am either going to resort to buying online or just wear sweatpants all the time.

tr: dd1 is still home sick today. she didn't break her fever yesterday so technically can't go to school. i tried to let her sleep in but she is up already and still has a low grade fever (100.5). dd2 was very sad that dd1 got to stay home from school today, but she had to go.

br: says "off" like he's getting paid to do it. in the right context too.

fr: spaghetti last night. probably bbq chicken sandwiches tonight.

--------------------

rg: i am amazed at what c does while he plays.

zorbs: i was saying yesterday that kids will never be this innocent again and i need to cherish that.

runningeh: what did you all get at costco?

ernie: our library times are always directly in the middle of nap times for us; i hate that!

jen: that sucks about your friend. i dreaded telling my best friend who i knew was struggling with getting pregnant. but i knew when i told her she was genuinely happy for me. she then got pregnant the next month so our kids are 4 months apart. i am a firm believer in filling your life with meaningful, healthy relationships. yay for date night with dh! i am thinking about getting a sitter for saturday night too; but the packer game is on at 7:00...

strollermama

Good morning!  DS woke up early this morning to nurse and I couldn't fall back asleep.  Enjoying quiet time to myself this morning.  If DS slept better, I would do this more often!

RR:  Supposed to be a rest day but I have a new RW and a bunch of shows to catch up on so I am itching to get on the TM.  Great run yesterday.  Ran 7.2 miles at mostly an 8:15 pace!  Wasn't planning on it being tempo but for some reason I was just running fast.  And I felt great.  I also did 10x100 m striders.  I cut it a little short because I was starving, 2pm and I hadn't eaten lunch, and I missed baby boy fiercly and wanted to pick him up from daycare.

BR:  Did great at daycare yesterday!  He is in a class of 4 boys with one teacher so they get a lot of attention.  His teacher said he cried just a little in the beginning.  He even took a nap at nap time which suprised me.  When I got there, he took a look at me and then walked over and hugged me!  He hasn't really done this before so it melted my heart.  I think he will be just fine.  Me on the other hand...

NRR:  Got everything on my list done yesterday.  Picked up my new ID card and my white coat with my name on it.  I was feeling a little blue though because it is all starting to sink in.  The last year was such an amazing year of family togetherness and this next one will be tough.  But I am so thankful for everything in our lives and I just have to remember to count my blessings.

Also, got the new carseat in the mail yesterday, the graco myride65.  I could not for the life of me get it to fit tightly in either car.  I need a car seat that is easy to go in and out so I am returning it and getting another britax marathon.  A little more spendy but worth the safety and ease for this "single" mommy.

CMG - Good luck!  Not that you are reading this Smile

RG - JUst out of curiosity, when you got your degree in exercise phys, did you know what you wanted to do with it?  Your job sounds pretty great.  I love working out and sometimes think I should have done something more in that direction.  Maybe I will get lucky and work in sports medicine.

zorbs - He sounds like such a funny little boy!

eh - SOunds like a tough workout.  And I feel like I never leave costco without spending at least $100.

ernie - What is babytime at the library?  Sounds great.  Remind me how old DS is again?

jen - From yesterday, please never feel bed about complaining about DH being gone.  Everyone's situation is different and difficult in their own way, so complain away!  Your post today is like the exact sentiments from me over the last year.  Moving often makes it so hard to make and keep friends, especially with you working full time!  Supermoms literally kept me going after the last year.  Do you have any running groups in town that meet nights or weekends?  Does DH run?  Maybe it could be a family thing and you could meet other people who run, and maybe have kids.  Not sure what to say about the old friend.  Sounds like a nasty case of her being jealous.  I would say it is probably better to walk away because kids often make people even more competitive.  ANd I am so glad you and DH finally have a date night!

bermy - Enjoy the time with your coach!  I think she will be very impressed at all of the hard work you have been doing.

spike (from yesterday) - so funny you mentioned that about DH, his eyes are actually what made me fall in love with him.  It really was love at first site Smile.  And good for you for being strong enough to tell DH no about the military.  It truly needs to be a family desicion because otherwise your family will fall apart.  Unfortunately, DH was already in ROTC when I met him but we have made it work.  I have seen it tear a lot of families apart though.

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

mrszackmorris

not sure what is going on. it submitted before i was done and somehow did it twice...

bermy: will you leave behind many friends when you make the move? when are you moving again? enjoy seeing your coach. do you have goals in mind as to what you want your running to be like?

CTimesTwo

Hi all,

RR - nothing yet, hoping for 4 when C wakes up from her nap..

BR - C's awake times have been getting longer so I don't want her to nap too late into the evening... yesterday she took a late afternoon nap and she was still sleeping as it got closer to our usual cut off time... I went in to gently wake her and I guess that was the wrong thing to do.  She was miserable and refused to eat dinner.. it took almost an hour for us to get her calm enough to eat and then play for a bit.  She went to bed at her usual time but that's probably b/c she was still tired from having being woken up.

NRR - I have no idea what to do today to keep C amused... I'm feeling tired from going to bed late and I'd rather try to get in an afternoon nap when C naps, but C gets bored when we're cooped up all day..

jen - i think it's really common for friendships to go awry as we get older... I've only had 1 falling out with a long time friend (she accused me of saying nasty stuff in my speech at her wedding which I didn't ... it was her drunk sister in law that did... friends of ours were there and backed me up, plus I had a written copy of my speech that I had read, but she still didn't believe me ... so she "broke up" with me over email and I was fine with it b/c I didn't need friends like that... and 3 years later she was divorced), but I've drifted apart from a lot of other friends... who knows why this happens so often but i just chalk it up to different interests and lifestyles... 

ernie - we have one of those walkers on wheels things where C can sit and walk/roll and it's great but i don't think it's bringing us closer to her walking and definitely not closer to her crawling... hope you get pics/videos of DS's first steps!

eh - i actually wish Costco had a 1-8 check out line.. DH and I go every couple of weeks but we rarely buy more than 3 or 4 items at once..

mrsz - ugh to jean shopping... yea i'm pretty much in yoga type pants or sweat pants when at home... right now I'm still in my PJ's...

Sorry ladies, gotta go get C... hope you all have a great day!