Womens Running

Election Day Tuesday (Dailies) (Read 10 times)

LC Runs

Happy Voting Day!

What is everyone up to?

LC Runs

I actually did absentee a couple of weeks ago.

4 miles for me this morning.  Perfect Damaris weather - 28 degrees, sunny, dry and no wind!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

(Absentee ballot done weeks ago.)

30 minutes running on TM, light & easy, then 15 minutes walking and 15 minutes cardio.

It is interesting how longer amounts of time exercising have mattered. It has been the new normal. The old body demands it. 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I voted early two weekends ago. Go vote! For our sake.

I ran 3 in gorgeous weather. Will lift or something later. I did kickboxing last night.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 miles with 10 x 1 minute. I dropped my ballot off over the weekend.  I will be so glad when the election afs stop. The recent ones here are just attack ones. He kicks puppies. Yea, but she clubs baby seals. Ugh, so over it.  I fully expect some lawsuits.

Anonymous Guest

I ran, and my achilles hurt. Sports chiro appointment later this week.

Voted a couple weeks ago as we have two full weeks of early voting here.

Spent a ton of time the last couple days researching a camping trip to Big Bend. We wanted to make it a trip we offer, but don't want to try to get the commercial permits required from a national park to do that for such a small thing. So we're going to offer it up for people that just want to travel with others (for fun, but also for safety in some of the remote areas of the park on 4wd roads) and just have everyone pay their own costs, which are really just park entry, camping/backcountry permit fees, and food.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I bought some popcorn and will eat and watch the results of the election. I won't miss the nasty commercials. Do they actually influence people?

5 miles today.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I bought some popcorn and will eat and watch the results of the election. I won't miss the nasty commercials. Do they actually influence people?

5 miles today.

Those commercials are nasty.

Damaris

LC Runs

I totally agree about the election ads, they are just awful.

3 mile walk after work, had to hustle to get back before darkness.

Judy - nice workouts!

Damaris - nice 3!

Kathi - the ads are just ridiculous. I have been spared the text messages, BF says he gets multiple texts per day re: the election

Karen - ugh on the achilles continuing to hurt. Big Bend would be cool!

Lori - enjoy watching the entertainment!

Half Crazy K 2.0

In some cases, yes. But not in the way the candidate wants.There are a number of races locally where I was on the fence a bit, but the nastiness was a facotr (not the only factor). The Congress race was particualary nasty from the challenger. The incumbent wouldn;t give her the time of day, which only made her attack more. When you refuse to state where you stand on things, saying someone votes 100% one way isn't really as bad as you make it out to be....

We had some weird attack ads here too. Some democratic group paid for ads highlighting what a nut the republican candidate for governor is. Only thing is, the talking points are exactly what that group of republicans are all about. Basically, I can't imagine many people were on the fence about the republican. His supporters probably loved the ads, everyone else, well, it didn;t change things. They even included a sound clip from the current (republican) governor calling him a q anon whack job.

5 miles this afternoon.  I have to rethink my running plans with this time change business.  It's dark and cold after work, not fun for running.

I sent in my mail in ballot last week.  I'm not aware of any nasty ads here.  It's possible I missed them since I don't watch TV, hardly listen to the radio, and dump all mailers into the recycle bin without reading them. I also think it's likely that red politicians don't waste money on ads here because this part of the state is so solidly blue.

Having tacos and a beer in town while waiting for DH to finish up an appointment.  Good night all!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR