Womens Running

Merry Monday Supermoms (Read 23 times)

CTimesTwo

Managed to escape the 10am meeting... It apparently went off just fine without me there.

ernie - I've never heard of spiced orange rum pork but it sounds good... I made pulled pork in the slow cooker yesterday and to this day I haven't managed to mess it up.. ha..

becky - we have tons of meetings every other week... it's why I'm not supposed to book vacation days on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays if I can help it.

CA - congrats on the new car!  DH and I have decided we'll probably never buy brand new again, although our last car we bought WAS brand new... glad your legs feel good after the 20...

leela - glad you had a nice getaway!  DH and I have yet to spend more than a few hours away from C .. maybe sometimes in the next couple months I'll convince my mom to take C for an overnight..

spike - we have lots of pulled pork leftovers.. I made it last night but found I wasn't in the mood for it.. some of our local races have a "Kids dash" which is 500 meters, and than another kid's run of 1km... and yea, we have way too many meetings... unfortunately it goes along with my position (business analyst)...

runnergirl9508

RR2: 5.5 miles this morning. one of the perks of living on the WGM course the day after the race = port-a-potties every mile!!! No sweating bullets if a PM attacks.

spike- your house is going to look awesome! I love the color scheme you picked out. congrats to your DH on his weight loss- that's fantastic! great job getting your mileage back up there. the first time I spectated a race it felt weird, like I was out of place, but I really enjoy it!

CA- enjoy your SRD, or recovery run! nice job on your 20 yesterday. I didn't see Bart, but he tweeted a TON over the weekend. The Wineglass FB page has a pic of him at the starting line sending out one last tweet before the race. Congrats on the new car. Enjoy your last 2 days of being home!

Leela- glad you got your run in before the rain/wind! Stay safe! Oh, your getaway weekend sounds great- where di you guys go? Wow, just a few more tough weeks of training then it's taper time already!

Becky- the pic you posted of mile 11 at the half looked like the weather we had up here yesterday too. I felt so bad for people still out on the course around noon when the sun came out, it was so hot! Ugh, I hope that C is feeling better! Yay for your HRM, you'll have ot let us know how you like it. My garmin came with one, but I've never used it. Last time I wore a HRM was in grad school in the ex phys lab.

Ernie- hope S enjoys her swim lessons tonight! Aw, I hope her teeth all pop thru soon so everyone can get some rest. Cute about the family! Hope the rain stops so you can get out for your run. I was lucky and got it in this morning before it started.

stroller- yay for a HM! there's a local one here the beginning of Nov that I really like, and it's cheap too, $25! Can't beat that. lol on Go Broncos, that's cute! Yay for DH arriving, but BOOOOOO to AF!!! How long will DH be in town for?

reh: wow, congrats to your DH! enjoy visiting the new baby today. sweet snuggles! hope that the TM run helped to loosen up your legs today! I would have opted for the stroller, but I hate running on a TM and avoid it at all costs.

Cx2- R's first race as a spectator was a Turkey Trot 5K when he was 3 months old. He slept thru that one Wink  Yes, the wind + dark = super creepy. Plus the leaves are starting to come down and all that random crunching is kinda spooky too! great for C using utensils! I've found that R's hungry/growth spurts usually seem to last only a couple of days, then he's back to his normal eating.

zorbs- nice job on your ST this morning! woohoo for Ragnar!!! You will have a blast. holy poop, B! that's a ton of it.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - hot marathons are terrible.  I am sure I will be asking you a ton of Ragnar questions over the next few months!

cx2 - how old is C? the first race B went to with cowbells was when he was 18 months old and he could definitely handle it.

eh - your DH is crazy fast!

stroller - sorry your 2 visitors' schedules seem to be synchronized.

ernie - I am not a huge fan of pork (besides pulled pork, bacon and sausages) - do you think the dish could be successful with another kind of meat?  DH is a rum guy, he'd probably like it - after getting over me using some of his precious rum for cooking.

becky - enjoy your HRM and don't ever forget to bodyglide the underboobs.

CA - my DH sold his old car last week and I asked if he would at least have it detailed before handing it over and he said "why bother?".  if it was my car, I would though..

leela - when I go away I always try to get simple breakfast stuff to eat in the hotel room so at least one meal feels healthy.

spike - you naming off the paint colours reminds me of the damn you autocorrect series where they have autocorrected colours like "effervescent shitstain".

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runnergirl9508

Zorbs: LMFAO! "Creamy blueballs." Hahhah

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

running eh

rg - nice vacation for your folks!  Have they been there before.  I think spectating at a race would be fun too!  I felt bad for the slower 50k racers on Saturday.  We were leaving and they were still running.  Love all the portapotties on your route this morning, though I am guessing they are a little nasty now!

zorbs -  yay for the DM ragnar team!  I was just thinking of this today - is signup going on already!?!  I need to talk to the guy who wanted to organize a team and see if he is still planning on doing it.   Hope the soak was good!

cx2 - glad you got out of the meeting!  Nice run this morning too.  Sorry C had a rough night - did she sleep in this morning?

stroller -  The girl weekend half sounds like fun!  Kind of wishing I had just signed up for a half Wink.  Hope AF takes it's time arriving.  That sucks!    I was thinking about what you said about dehydration, and I bet that was a problem.  I bet I drank less than a cup of liquid on the course.  I ate 3 jelly beans and I fueled beforehand w. coffee - OOOPPSSS!  I was so afraid of having bathroom issues I didn't want to drink too much.  I am seeing my doc tomorrow so I will mention it then, but I doubt there is much they will do.  Last time I had a holter monitor which showed nothing b/c I had no palpitations during that time.  I had an echo, blood work and an appt. w. a cardiologist who said not to worry about it as a certain number of PVCs in a day is completely acceptable.  I was actually worried about SVT during the race...(sorry about the book...)

ernie - so sweet about the family!  Hope you fit the run in and not during the monsoon either.  It stopped raining her around 8am.

becky - hope the recovery went well  Did you write up a RR?  I need to find out what happened during your race.  I was kind of scattered on FB over the weekend!  Do the trail race!  I love how relaxed the atmosphere is.

CA - glad the legs feel good after the 20!  Yay for clothes that are too big!  I have always gotten rid of big clothes and then needed them back later on...I hope that doesn't happen to me again.  All the supermoms motivate me to run and stay fit, so hopefully I am good for a few years at least.

spike - my DH is the same way - just does stuff - no mental struggle for him it seems.  Yay for the mileage.  I am going to check out those house colours in a few minutes. It is so nice to finally make a decision though, isn't it?!

leele - yay for the last few crazy training weeks!  I can't believe it's only just over a month away!  Glad you are feeling well too!  Your training seems to have been going so well, and I love that the excitement is still there for you!  Nice on the weekend away.  Was this the trip you were asking about on FB?  What did you end up doing?

superspike113

Honorary Old

eh- I pulled up the Garden sage on my computer and it looks way more brown than it is in person. Its a nice green sage. I asked Dh about the colors and his reply was "Well, between your eye for color/design and my extreme stubbornness to live with the decisions I make, I'm sure we will be happy with it"

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

eh - one of the guys added to the team posted that he can't run and just wants to drive a van, so we might have 1 spot on the team.  I don't know if you know the guys, but you definitely know the girls: the Burlington Skirt Brigade, plus Nicole and a girl named Kim from Oakville.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

running eh

spike - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the stone and I bet it looks fantastic w. the paint colour!  Can't wait to see more pics of the progress!

zorbs - I think my guy hasn't found enough people for a team yet, but he is still planning on it, so I will have to stick w. him for now!

strollermama

spike - Love the stone!!  And AF on your honeymoon, that is terrible.

CA - He will only be in town Thursday night-early Monday.  Better than nothing though.  I already have a list of things for him to do.

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

Erniegirl

zorbs - Even though I obvious understood what you meant, I had to laugh at your assertion you don't like pork, followed by a list of pork products you like. Anyway, I have two thoughts - one is that you could omit the carrots and potatoes, shred the pork after and then boil and thicken the sauce so it's a pulled pork style dish. Otherwise, I think you could try it with beef or a whole chicken. I used some super fancy, expensive rum and felt momentarily guilty about cooking with it, but neither of us drinks rum so might as well use it in dinner!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

beckykay

Ok here is a race report for you Eh Smile

Got into town around 9 the night before the race.  Race day packet pick up was available, score!  Stayed in a hotel near the start, only it was across the street from the bars so very noisy at midnight - 2:00 a.m.  Pissed off about being woken up.  Got up at 6 a.m. to get ready.  DH was doing the 5k so he was getting ready too.  He opened the window and said ut oh.  I was like what?????  Not going to be very cool at all, in fact it was already warm.  Crap.  Drive over the start and see that there is not a cloud in the sky.  Packet pickup is indoors and REAL bathrooms available.  Wooohoooo!  Meet up with another RWOL momma.  We both comment on how this was October, it shouldn't be this hot.  Line up and off we go.  I used to work in this area years ago so I got to run past familiar sights, which was fun.  Ran past the crab house though, not so fun.  Tried not to gag or vomit.  Ran straight into the sun for the first 5 miles or so.  The rest of the race was not much better.  Around mile 9 my arms felt like they were on fire.  I could not get enough to drink.  I had already finished my handheld and was gulping down anything and everything I could find to drink.  Lots of walking started happening around mile 10.  The sun was just brutal.  Finish line party was indoors thank god, but they tried to give us soup.  I had a little and although it was delish - I couldn't do it. I chugged a beer and thought I was going to puke.  Headed over to the hotel for a nice cold shower.  Met up with my college roommates for brunch afterwards.  I felt off for a few hours later.  Blech.  I wish more races would have indoor bathroom/finish line parties but not sure if that brutalness was worth it.

BermyHorse

RR: 8m today - 2mw/u then 30 mins (4m at tempo). Aiming for 7.30s - ran 7.39 (too slow - was scared of going out too fast so was extra cautious), 7.29, 7.27 (found groove which I thought was a bit too comfortable) then finished with  7.15. Another 2m for c/d.

Race recap for Nola and any lurkers - 5k PR'd a 21.12!!! Oooohhhh yyyeeaaahhhh - was the first time I have ever raced in the 6's and felt really good. Was 77 degrees and I was huffing and puffing. Never really got close to my lactate threshold as I was too out of breath. Felt really unfit at 2m mark so now I am going to work on my endurance. Kicked too late. But did rock a sports bra and felt badass. First time I have ever done it in public and it was totally fine. So, that was "where am I at?" race and now to train for a PR. I ran pretty conservatively - I didn't go out faster than planned, stayed calm in middle and waited to kick so next time I think all that gets abandoned. Came 3rd woman overall and am meeting president of the running club to collect prize as we left pronto. Am super proud and excited.

NRR: gardening, cooking, playing copious amounts of trains on train table. All good.

TR: With me for all of above. Has settled down a lot and his really chill. For now anyway.

FR: crock pot chicken and broccoli bowl. Am back to eating all food groups (had ice cream from Coldstone on Sat after race) and then will cycle back down for next race.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

beckykay

Bermy:  Woooooooohooooooooo!  Way to rock it!

Cx2:  I find that ridiculous!

RG:  I had two friends running Wineglass, they said it was no walk in the park for them either.

Spike:  Way to go on picking out colors.  DH and I can never agree on them....which is why our house is a boring gray for now.

CA:  Congrats on the new car.  I am still hoping to be able to trade in my car this year for something a little roomier.

BermyHorse

Rg – don’t think you missed anything with that marathon by the sounds of the awful temperatures! Are you going to start to train for a spring marathon? Yay for seeing your parents soon.

Zorbs – I was thinking of you when I got asked to join a band by the cashier in whole foods last night. He ws pretty keen on a flute player. I thought seriously? And my last set of bermy 1000s (x5) were my exactly my race pace. Freaky.

Cx2 – a very busy night for C – hope she has a good night for you tonight.

Eh – yay for DH running so well, but a bit boo cos he can just go out and do it – I have to train for weeks to do well.

Stroller – we are bronco fans in our house as DH is from Colorado springs. Although my DS was sporting a Titans jersey today. Yay for DH coming. Maybe O is late and AF will never come?

Ernie – hope you caught up on sleep. What were your secrets for going sub-21? SO cute on naming her family.

Becky – I think you just need to find races at dark-o-thirty and you would rock them. Laughing hard at your phrasing. I enjoyed reading your race report. Horrible temperatures but sounds like you muscled through. You are so tough not to give up! I admire you so much.

CA – 20m run was good then? Did it go well? Glad you are feeling ok. Good luck working this week. I cleared out my closet this weekend too! We had the same thought.

Leela – good luck with that meal plan. You eat and live so well that I can imagine a short time away will be just great for you and you will be back on track in no time. Your training is going so well and I am enjoying following your progress.

Spike – yay for breaking 20mpw! I was thinking of you in Home depot yesterday when we went to get a replacement a/c filter and having to choose everything including all the details – that must take up SO much time. But be fun too. I will take a good look at your colours in a moment. Fantastic news on DH’s weight! Your cooking!!!

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

superspike113

Honorary Old

CA- DH loves his golf TDI. His is a 2012.

Bermy- you did awesome at your 5k, if that was your conservative race, I can't wait to see what you do going all-out!

Becky- DH and I actually have very similar taste! If we lived someplace more urban, I could see us making more modern choices in our finishes/furniture/design but around here, traditional/country is the stuff that resells well. Luckily, we really like craftsman designs as well.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07