Womens Running

Mighty Monday (Over 40) (Read 20 times)

Bikerchick1

Back for a quick check in.  Did get in 4 nice miles this am.  Sunny, a little chily though.  I have swim cl"ass" kicking tonight Smile

Carolyn - Nice that you have friends to run with...I have some that are just "run" friends, but then I have friends that run....either way it fun to have someone to run with!

LCruns - Isn't it nice to see we might be getting some nicer weather Smile

Camille - Thanks for posting the links on the articles.  Great job on the 10 yesterday.

Tessa - I didn't read week-end post, but I am assuming you had a really hot (not in a good way HOT) race this week-end.....hope you did fine.  Heat scares me far more than cold.

Crazysue - That sounds like a great race and great time with friends!!

Gatsbybird - I have often thought of a coach, especially for Tri training.

Ginny - Nice job on the good run!!!  Are you getting snow again???

Marjorie - Nice 10....how many miles did you do yesterday?

LCruns - The run I did with my cousin this week-end went right past the entrance to North Country Smile   Beautiful.  She does the relay every year.

Judy - Hi!!!

I think I might be caught up...hope I didn't miss anyone....

Bikerchick1

LisaMMR/LCruns - the last post re: North Country was really directed at Lisa.....Blush......

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Carol I did 23.7 miles yesterday

Marjorie

LC Runs

Happy Monday evening!!  Managed 3.1 after work, slow n easy pace, just enough to refresh me Smile

Carol - so glad you had a fun weekend!

Carolyn - ohhh, pub run sounds like fun!

Camille - great 10!

Hi Lisa!

Karen - safe travels and enjoy the time with your friend!

Sue - wow, that sounds like a blast!!

Ginny - went and saw "21 and Over", really raunchy type comedy.  I like that kind of stuff, but this one wasn't great, should have saved it for DVD.

Marjorie - yeah on the new microwave and great run!

Tessa - looking forward to the race report!

Hi Tracey - the coach sounds like a great idea!

LC-we are sad when warming up to the 30's is something to get excited over. Even down here that sounds good.

Julie-40 degrees?! Be still my beating heart... once it's thawed out it is beating again.

Carol-welcome back! sounds like a wonderful weekend!

Carolyn-have a good pub run!

Camille-I think on the test thing it's that we don't think in terms of a race being anything less than a mile.  My older dd who had been in track got it but otherwise the thought of a a 50 yard race doesn't compute.  I do tend to think of running as when I race and jogging as an easier sustainable pace.  Getting over the negative nature of it.  I still would never refer to myself as a jogger though. I had ringing in one ear about this time last year.  Turned out there was fluid in there.  no infection just a flukey thing.  Gave me a 5 day steroid to reduce swelling and I ran 2 min/mile faster until the steroid wore off.  Was amazing.

Sue-sounds like a wonderful event. Congrats.  Cold? Did the water in your bottle freeze? Did you pass ice fishermen? Okay I really need to just get over myself.

Karen-keep thinking of the Empire Strikes Back.  sounds really fun. yeah. right up there with the Mount Mitchell Challenge on teh fun-o-meter.

Marjorie-yes I am and I know everyone is tired of me being tired of it.  Half of my suitcase for NYC trip is run gear for outside. Well, maybe a 1/3 anyway.

Tessa-a taxing day for you.  I sent the Hatfield info in but haven't heard anything back. REmind me to send you the message they sent me as a screen shot.

Gatsby-we'll firm up when it gets 50 degrees warmer, I mean in May. LOL

Lisa