Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Go away Monday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

8.2 miles for me. Last 4 at 15K pace. Heading to abs this evening.

Good run! Hot and humid this morning but I did really well on the 15K paces. It did upset my stomach though..anytime I do speed work in the humidity my stomach gets upset. Oh well.

Was out there earlier than usual because I have to head to my massage at 7:30. I have to drop Ruger off at daycare on the way. Then, I have to rush home for a call at 9am. I also have 2 branches that do not have AC this morning. AHHH!!! Its Monday alright!

Run4kupcakes – Nice miles yesterday. Oh no on that extroverting! LOL, Karen is right– that is harder than the run!

Tessa – Nice miles yesterday. At least you got a few in! OMG on the rat poop!!! I wouldn’t even step foot in there!

Lisa – Wow! Congratulations on the race! It sounds like it was a doozy! Haha, you need a list! Karen is right, I guess you learned something and that is the point! 😊 Nice job! Can’t imagine doing another 31 miles the weekend following. OR directing traffic the following day. What a nice girlfriend you are! 😊

Karen – I have heard about that FB marketplace but have never partaken! I may take a peek if we get this house!

Margaret – Nice workout yesterday! Sounds like the perfect day..minus the chores.

Off to my massage! Have a great Monday everyone!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Saturday ended up being walking through all the big stores to find... nothing.  At least it was cross training help.

Sunday was a trip to a historic area and walking all over the town. In the heat.

Today I am going down to run.You know, maybe all this horrendous walking will make today’s run easier. We shall see. I am so glad to get back into a schedule. DC and I take my car in for a recall, then we plan to go to a local labyrinth. DC is actually thinking of creating one in his back yard. They are very artistic things. I will be able to walk it all the time. (I’m into walking labyrinths.) Grocery after all that. Oh yeah, a trip to the library. And I need to make my soup this week. Add stuff to grocery list for today.

Happy runs, All ! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! Ugh, Monday is right!  I had to read until almost 1am to be able to fall asleep and not toss and turn so I'm a bit sleepy but good.  I have either 7 or 0 miles today.  Legs feel good but I'm likely to take the RD today just to rest the knee after last week's soreness.  Just in case.

Liz, have a great massage!

Judy, nice workouts.  What soup are you planning on?

Damaris

Happy Monday!  Let's try to be positive here!

Made it to body pump and scrambled out the door this morning.  I need to do a better job the night before getting everything ready for the next day.  I had it all done but lunch was not packed...

Our little church has a silent auction to make a little extra money.  There was a vintage sewing chest for $25, and I was the only one interested, so I bought it and then listed on Fb Marketplace---OMG I've had 20+ requests in less than 12 hours!!  Meeting some gal at the gas station this afternoon.  We've bought and sold several things on it.

Have a great day!!

Seloc

National Chicken Wing Day

National Lasagna Day

National Lipstick Day

Who comes up with this stuff??  LOL.  Funny there was just discussion about lasagna the other day.  Hello folks.  Hoping for a quiet, less stressful week.  Let's see - what's happened around here - Sat I went to this free outdoor HIIT type workout at the outlet mall about 10mi away.  Workout was a bit lame but I biked there/back so that helped.  And, I won a drawing of 2 water bottles, string back pack, yoga mat (yay - I needed a new one!) and $100 gc to Puma.  I didn't even know Puma was still around!  8ish mi shuffle yesterday, 7ish mi this morning.  Otherwise pretty dull weekend.  Didn't see a single person.  Read Queen Bee - cute and quirky.  About halfway through I Am Watching You and also picked up The Cactus.  Yep, I'm boring.

HCK - that pie in the jar is cute.  Do you then have a large collection of jars? So nice of DH to make lasagna.  Man, I'm kinda jealous, too.  I would LOVE a house husband that cooks!  How do you like the new neighbors?

Karen - your new place looks AMAZING!!  And I'm not surprised everyone is so friendly - living in that beauty, how can you NOT always be happy?!!  Thanks for the book rec - I kinda had to chuckle - did the story remind you of you and Mike?  LOL - kidding.  Must be popular - shows I won't get it for 63 days.  Busy busy Saturday for you!  Love hearing how fun you are having with your group.  And awesome job on that long run!  Huge props for dialing it back in that weather.

Liz - ah, yes, there was the mention of lasagna.  It's okay to me but, nope on the creme brulee - too sweet.  Glad you had a nice time with family at the seafood boil.  Sounds delicious - especially with one of your brother's beers!  Hmmm I'm not 85 and I can easily fall asleep at 7:30 after an afternoon of wine.    Funny that your dad is older than mine and you are almost 20 years younger.  Very fun that Baby E is becoming a person.  I, agree, they get more fun as they get older.  Except some of the ages weren't always my favorite LOL.  Hope you had a lovely massage.

Laura - sorry BRF bailed on the rainy run but nice job getting out there yourself!  I nearly got caught in the storm yesterday but made it home in time.  Tons of tornadoes in the area yesterday afternoon but now everything has cleared out for a lovely couple days.  Of course, when we have to be back at WORK.  Sigh.  Retirement will happen SOME day, right?

Kat - ugh, sorry for all the work drama.  It really does sound like a toxic environment.  UGH on having to spend money on new tires.  Every day is early cocktail day for me!  That way it doesn't interfere with the early wake up call  

Damaris - no more whacking of the knees, k??  Nice running this weekend!!  So super exciting about Indy.  That's great you found a house you like and that DH has a lead.  I'm excited to follow along with your move.  Especially with all those kit kats!  LOL  Awesome long run yesterday, too!!

Tessa - whew, that was a warm run for you as well.  Nice job getting in what you could!!  Wowzers, that's a lot of apples!  Awww, super bummed DS isn't down for more kit kats.  I love your stories!!  Margaritas are a bit sweet for me but I do like tequila with soda water and a squeeze of lime, on occasion.  Hmmmm... since most runners are introverts, maybe that's my problem - I'm just a poser!!  haha  Ewwww on the rat poop!!

Gatsby - dang, lady, you are back AT it!  Kettlebells and those miles are no joke.  Bummer about your phone.  Do you feel like you are missing a body part like I would??  LOL

Sue - fun busy weekend for you.  Awwww on the anniversary date.  Crazy it's been a year already!  Sorry DH had to sail again.  Nice job getting out for some miles and getting to BP this morning.

Lori - awesome job on the Loopty Loop!  Man, that sounds like a pretty epic bonk.  Nice job persevering!!  Hope you are recovering well.  What's next for you?

Lisa - wow, awesome job to you, too!!  Especially without all your usual supplies!!  Man, and then standing around yesterday??  I would be exhausted!!

All right, I will try to channel Sue's positive attitude...

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Monday!    Busy weekend, but it was fun!  DD ran her first 10K on Saturday morning, the race was about an hour away and started at 7:15 so it was a VERY early wake-up call for DD.  She did awesome!  In training we run/walked most of the runs and she ran almost the entire distance during the race, just stopping at the water stops.  She was hurting the last mile but she pushed through.  I was very proud of her.  The weather was actually decent, that trail is unshaded but it was cloudy, low 70's, with a breeze and not super humid.  Can't ask for more in July!  Two of my RB's ran with us and it was a lot of fun (for me, anyway).    One of my RB's had talked to everyone before we got there about DD's race so everyone was wishing her luck.  The course was an out and back and everyone was encouraging each other as they passed.  As she came to the finish line, the RD said, "Coming to the finish, we have a girl running her first 10K.  At the tender age of 11 she has already been running with us for 7 years."  Which is true, she started running their mud runs at the age of 4.  Everyone cheered for her.  She was the only one in her AG (14 and under) and they made a big deal for her when giving her the AG medal also.  She was all smiles for the rest of the day. 

My running was OK also.    12 miles yesterday, I got out a little later than I wanted and it was starting to get toasty at the end.  But it was a nice, "normal" long run, so I mostly enjoyed it!  Rest day today, I will try to fit some lower body strength in!

Liz, nice running lately!  Those were some nice MP miles you ran.  It's always tough in the humidity, you will be flying in the fall!  I hope Ruger is OK.  Happy birthday to your dad!  Sounds like you had an awesome weekend.  What, you dreamed about me and your boss?!?    Those gummy bears were really good!  Soft and not too chewy.  We got those at TJ Maxx, of all places.  So not sure if we will be able to get more.    We also picked up some Black Forest ones because they were on sale.     I love creme brulee!  But plain creme brulee, nothing fancy.  I am not a huge fan of lasagna.  Too much cheese!   We were at Ross and DD found a dress she really liked for the wedding!  But it just fits her, lengthwise.  She can't grow.     We were willing to take a chance on it, it was $15!

Judy, the labyrinth sounds very interesting!

Damaris, nice running for you also!  I am so excited about you and Indy!

Sue, nice about the sewing chest!  We have some sandhill cranes that like to hang out in the park across the street from my house.  I say hello to them when I run, they are my crane friends.  

Sandy, score on winning all that stuff!  That is awesome!  Puma makes some cute shoes for casual wear.    I hope work is better for you this week!  One more long run before MN!  I have a lot of books to read and I haven't read as much lately.  Book pressure!   I love to dance!  I have a feeling DD will be self-conscious about dancing,  but I will dance!  Thank you for taking the responsibility of being group extrovert. 

Karen, awesome about the house!!  I have been noticing the things popping up on FB Marketplace.  It looks like you can get some good deals on there.  Nice running in the heat, sounds like you made a good decision to stop.  Haha, funny about your "perfect" run.  I remember that movie!  

Lisa, congrats on the 38.8!  I hope you are continuing to recover well.

Tessa, good luck on cleaning out the garage.    Nice 12.6!

Lori, congrats on your race!  Sounds like you really got your 2nd wind there on the 4th loop!  38.8 is amazing!

Kat, sorry about the work situation.  You are a trooper for hanging in there!

Cathy

Anonymous Guest

Lots to do today. I ran 6.5 this morning, it was hot and humid and miserable again. Looks like it might be a little better later in the week - overnight lows in the low 70s instead of mid to upper 70s. I'll take it.

I started making a to do list last night and DH says "this is like your job now, getting everything done to close on the house and then getting it ready to rent out." That's actually a kind of fun job, except for all these damn phone calls on my list. I did get him to call a couple places for mortgages - we just went to BofA for a pre-approval since our money is there, but our home loan is with Chase so decided we should at least check with them. Since the mortgage is in his name, I told him it would be better if he called, so he's doing that from work today while I call the title company to find out how to wire our earnest money and then find a home inspector. This is the first house we've bought that wasn't part of an Exxon move so we've always had a relocation company handling all this stuff.

Liz, busy morning for you. That sounds like a tough run. I haven't looked at Strava today, but I'm sure you killed it.

Judy, it always seems like life is extra busy when I get back from being out of town. Sounds like the case for you too.

Back in a few. My roomba can't seem to find its home.....

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Anonymous Guest

Okay, I'm back. Dang, that thing was full of fur.

Damaris, I like the two rest days schedule for you, it makes life a little easier when you can move things around a bit if needed.

Susan, that's so cool about the sewing chest. I'd never even looked on there before, but I've seen some people linking to the stuff they're selling on there.

Sandy, too funny on that book reminding me of me and DH. Even though part of it was at U of I, and around the same time DH and I were there, I didn't even think about the fact that it was kind of similar in that they met back up later in life. You had some nice workouts this weekend and score on the raffle prize! I expect to see you sporting some Pumas soon! Seriously, I didn't know they were still around either.

Cathy, how awesome on DD's first 10K. I swear I almost teared up a little reading all that. That is so awesome of your RB to let everyone know ahead of time so they could make a big deal over her. A big deal which she totally earned! Man, I bet she was all smiles. Score on the dress for the wedding. I thought I had a good dress for me, but I'm not sure how it will pack in the under the seat bag. I'm NOT wearing it on the plane!

Margaret, I saw that the Continental Divide Trail was not far. One of the condos that I really liked had a big map of the area on the wall with push pins in various places. It was owned by a friend of my realtor so she was pointing out various trails and cool stuff.

Alright, I better get moving. Errands to run and phone calls to make.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Ok now this buyer is ticking me off..."well, I don't know if I will be back by then , I work ...to ... blah blah blah." Either buy it or don't. I have more in line.  This is waaayyy too much trouble for a $25 piece of sewing junk.

Happy Monday. I'm still trying to be positive.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Rest day today. I will run something tomorrow.

So I ordered a package online. At delivery it requires id. Proof of age. Blah blah blah. It came today. The Canada Post delivery man took one look at me and said "I guess I don't need to check your i.d."

Sigh. sucks to be old. sucks even more to look it.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Judy – I bet the walking helped with the run! I hope your DC has a big backyard! 😊 Soup in the Summer? I am interested in what kind!

Docket – UGH. I hate it when I can’t fall asleep – and its usually Sunday! Enjoy the rest day.

Susan – Nice job getting to Body Pump this morning! SCORE on the sewing chest.

Sandy – Nice miles this weekend! SCORE on the winning! Those are some nice prizes, too. I didn’t realize Puma was still around either. $100 is pretty sweet, though! Nothing wrong with a introverted weekend 😊 I notice the more I work from home the less I like to see people LOL. My brother made everyone wait to eat until he got his beer photos. LOL. Weirdo.

Cathy – Congrats to DD! She did SO awesome this weekend. I am sure she is still on her runners high 😊 Is she hooked to 10K’s now? Really cool that they made a big deal about it – as they should. She is pretty incredible 😊 I am happy she found a dress for the wedding! Oh, and nice running this weekend for you, too 😊 I can’t remember what the dream was about but my boss has called me late Friday to give me a heads up about something and I believe it was the same time you and I were texting. Maybe that’s why 😊 OH, I ordered the 6lb bag of gummies and they just came in about 10 minute ago 😊 HCF will be so excited.

Karen – You really do have a fun job now – or should I say JOBS –  Coach! 😊 Nice run today. I can feel the colder air coming..we are almost there! That’s what she said. Laughing picturing you wear a dress and running clothes on the plane.

Lori - OMG! How RUDE of the postman! That is awful!

Today has been crazy. I gave myself a break this afternoon and I have seriously been jamming hardcore in my office -  Practicing for wedding Wink

Off to abs soon!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Turtles, great news about DD's race! Hearty Congrats to her! 

Karen, yes, it's like having to start out anew with groceries, wash and all. 

Soup is a beef vegetable broth with beef and vegetables in it. I make almost 6 quarts in the crock pot, then store it in canning jars in the fridge.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Didn't feel great today. Stomach still woozy which resulted in me losing my lunch. Was a surprise but at least I made it to the bathroom! Opted to just take it easy with doing a few things around my place and not doing any workouts. The hot weekend did a number on me for sure. I don't know how you deep South folks can live in it.

Lizzie-looks like your "go away Monday" is working..it is almost gone! Yikes on the places not having AC! I was a bit out of if when standing outside for 4 hours in upper 90 degree weather. Thank goodness we were also near the golf course inn and I was able to go in to use the bathroom a couple of times. It was nice and cool which helped even if for a few minutes.

Judy-the labyrinth would be really cool!

Damaris-I hate not sleeping too.

Sue-good luck with the sewing chest!

Sandy-congrats on the gift card! I was pretty cooked today. I think I'm feeling better now though. How did you get all that stuff back if you biked to the event?

Cathy-that is so cool for DD!

Karen-LOL congrats on your new job! real estate tycoon!

Lori-Well at least you didn't have to go and find your wallet. My days of being carded are long gone too. Unless they have a "card everyone" policy. Keep recovering!

Lisa

Got my phone back, thank goodness, I felt naked without it!  

Seloc, nice loot at the drawing!

Turtles, congrats to your DD on the 10k!  That's great.  No way I could have done that when I was her age.

Karen, there's a race in NM on the CDT trail called Deadman Peaks.  What could go wrong with that?

Lisa, sorry the tummy is acting up.  You think it's from the heat on Sat and Sun?

Quick question: how does someone join our Womens Running group here?  Are we private or public or something else?  I mentioned this group to a friend and she might be interested in joining, although she's not on social media much.  But it made me wonder what our group status was.

Hi to all!  SRD today, kettle bells tomorrow.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR