Womens Running

Thirsty Thursday Supermoms (Read 30 times)

Erniegirl

Bermy - Yes, you definitely must keep the name Bermy! Yikes on your DS getting the safety latch off the door...I should probably expect that as S's next move.

Spike - Bison black bean chili sounds good! I love to cook but am terrible of thinking of meal ideas, so get almost all my meal ideas from recipes in magazines and cookbooks. Glad your job interview went well...it's nice to know you have options even if you don't take it. The flexibility of your current job is a definite plus while R and any other kids you might have in the future are still young.

Rocky - Hi! Ha, I am beginning to think child proofing devices are a total scam...they only seem effective when the babies are actually too young to get into anything. I saw on fb you have just 6.5 weeks to go - you're almost there! (although the last few weeks are the slooooowest) My sister is due around the same time as you (her due date is Apr 20)

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

inknburn update: apparently the USPS doesn't do online tracking once the package is in Canada..but the lady there called and they said the package is in Canada and should be delivered tomorrow...yay!!!

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

RunningUphill

Delurking for Bermy. . .there really is no right thing to say in that situation.  People said all kinds of things to me when I went through it, and very few things were actually helpful, and most things pissed me off for one reason or another.  I think the best thing to do is not to say much other than- we love you, we are here for you.  Agree with anything she says (YES, you are right, this IS so unfair.  This DOES totally suck, etc) and give her company if she seems to want it, or give her space if she wants that.  And just encourage her that however she wants to cope with it, is the right way.  And YES you absolutely have to keep your name!  You will always be our Bermy Smile

superspike113

Honorary Old

Zorbs- I talked to the post office today, and they are basically telling us we are boned on the $375 knife DH bought and was shipped USPS because the sender threw away his receipt once he confirmed delivery. The problem is, they delivered to the wrong house because we never got it. Hope your package arrives soon! Is this for Around the Bay?

ernie- I never ever cook from recipes unless I'm baking. Everything I cook up comes from improvisation.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Erniegirl

Spike - Yeah, totally winging it for baking could lead to disaster. I almost always alter and improvise on the actual recipe for cooking, but I need them for a starting point of meal ideas. I am not terribly creative.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15