Womens Running

Rockin’ Rocky Weekendailies (Read 11 times)

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Post!!!!

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

It’s race weekend.  We shall see.  100K seems a weeeee bit outlandish right now.  

Got in yesterday fine, though tired.  I had to stop partway though for a catnap.  Got my shit done and went to the hotel around 5.  Turned on the TV, poured myself some wine, and promptly fell asleep around 6-630.  But, then I woke up at 230am.  Was planning on 4am.  So I got ready and left.  I could sit awake at my hotel or go to the park and get a rockstar parking spot right next to the tents/starting area.  Works for me instead of stressing about parking.  There are limited spots.  My race doesn’t start for quite some time though.  I’ll see the 100 milers off and probably go back to my car to stay warm.   Chilly out at 34.  Coldest it will be all weekend.  Overnight low tonight will be 50.  

Then this morning at the hotel I tried to set off the smoke alarm.  I put a cup of milk in the microwave and the cup apparently was NOT microwave safe.  Oops.

OK.  Have an excellent weekend all. 

K

Anonymous Guest

Assume you're on the trails by now, Kathryn! Have a great race!!

I was going to do a 5k at 10 am this morning, but I decided not to go. My left side is still not 100% and I know I'd push harder than I should if I were racing. I'll run some easy miles around here in a bit. Trying to be smart kinda sucks. On the other hand, it is quite cozy under this blanket with a dog right next to me (I don't understand cats that disappear in your house and you can't find them, I always know exactly where my dogs are, because they never leave me alone).

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Kat... have a great race

Karen... you're just doing what you'd tell your clients. Hope you get your run in.

Me? 5 on the tm. A long run this weekend isn't looking too likely so far. Maybe I can walk my marathon?

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! RD for me. I might lift or do Barre.

Kat, go get it!

Karen, enjoy the doggy pile and easy run.

Lori, nice 5.

Damaris

Kat, woot!  Go for it at Rocky!

Karen, sounds smart to skip a race that doesn't really matter and could aggravate something.  Especially given the alternative of staying cozy in bed with dogs.

Lori, nice 5.  Are you getting the super cold weather that I'm reading about in the eastern US?

Damaris, enjoy your workouts, whatever you decide.

I got out for 15 rainy miles.  I was dragging but did not quit.  Still feeling the higher intensity stuff from earlier in the week and strength workouts. Good news is that it seems to be having an effect.  Bad news is that I have some work to do fitness-wise.  Doing chores around the house and more cat-sitting duties today. Going up to visit my dad tomorrow.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Half Crazy K 2.0

30 minutes on the treadmill + a core workout. Guess I'm doing a trail race tomorrow. I registered for it back in November 2019. Paid to defer in February 2020 since I had pnuemonia. Deferred the next to years for free. Not super excited, sounds like the first part got paved over, so it's really a lollipop that is 1 mile paved, 1 mile rail trail and a 2 mile real trail lool.

KatS, hope the race is going well. A good parking spot is great.

AnonymousGuest, I lost our dog in the house a few times, although I think your guys weigh about 2x what she did. When you have a big pile of blankets, it's not always obvious there is a dog under them.

BerthaSlayer, when is the marathon?

Docket, enjoy whatever you do.

GatsbyBird, do you have the cats in your house or are you going somewhere to see them?

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Happily dropped at mile 22.  EVERYTHING hurt.  I was struggling just to get back to the start/finish area.  Friend asked if I wanted to sit and think about it.  She got a HELL NO!  Lovely day, pretty course except for the roots, and oh, were there roots...  Thank goodness for the parking spot, it would have been awful walking much farther.

That's it, maybe nap now.

K

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sorry, Kat!

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I lost Gus once. He was buried under blankets in the basement.

HCK.... the marathon is April 8. I'm not quite in danger yet but it is getting nail biting. I could probably run/ walk it in 6.5-7 hours. So we shall see. I mean it's not like I'm going to make the Canadian Olympic team or anything. And I don't mind being DFL. I was just hoping to run strong. Regardless,  after this I'm sticking to halfs until I retire.

Lori

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Kat, every race is a learning experience that makes us better the next time.  Usually.  Or at least sometimes.  Hopefully.  

HCK, the cats live two houses down the street so I go there in the morning and evening to feed them.  My birds would not be pleased to have cats in our house.  It works out well bc those neighbors take care of our birds when we’re gone.

Lori, I'm sure this time of year is not ideal for marathon training for you. Just do your best.

More rain this weekend than expected.  Looks like it will be a wet one tomorrow too.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Anonymous Guest

I got in 3 yesterday and 7 today. 7 is the longest I've run since I hurt myself on vacation. Felt good. Still wearing the calf sleeves on every run. I may try without tomorrow and see how that goes. Otherwise, I need to buy more calf sleeves! Oh, had to run in the morning, because after four days where it didn't get above freezing, we're going to be in the 70s today.

Exciting news, we started talking about cars the other day and today DH said he might consider selling his Corvette. This would make me happy because I just don't get it. He realized he doesn't drive it hardly at all anymore, so might investigate selling. Thinking about getting rid of that and my VW and getting a new Bronco. Of course, it would make sense to sell the 4Runner if we were getting a Bronco, but for some reason neither one of us wants to get rid of that. I still like my VW, but am tired of paying $1.50/gallon more for diesel. Anyway, may or may not happen.

Kathryn, solid day's work on the trails! Nice 22. Eye on the big prize....

Margaret, nice 15. I also have a lot of work to do.

Lori, I have just built myself up to a 7 mile long run for my April marathon, so don't throw in the towel yet!

HCK, hope the trail race was fun this morning.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Half Crazy K 2.0

Trail race went ok, didn;t kick any rocks and didn;t fall. Got a little slow in mile 3, which is one of the "real" trail miles.

KatS, 22 miles is a nice day.

GatsbyBird, that makes sense, I didn't think the birds would appreociate cat guests.

BerthaSlayerr, so about 8 weeks? Doable.

AnonymousGuest, lol at not driving a car as a reason for gettng rid of it. One side of our garage is taken by a car that I swear has never been driven since DH's parents shipped it to him from New Mexico.Basically, as soon as he was in the house, they sent it to him. Other side of the garage, well, at least that car has done a few trips around the block this summer. And that's just the classic cars, we have a total of 7. It's excessive.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I ran 8 on the TM. It was probably one of my best longish runs in a while.

HCK, great job!

Karen, ooh, a Bronco will be used way more than the Vette.

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I pulled it off on the tm.

15 miles.

Lori