Womens Running

Wakey Wakey Weekend Dailies (Read 12 times)

At the airport bright and early. Let’s see if things can go according to plan today. 

Any weekend plans?

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

If we had to have a day of staycation, at least yesterday was a good one. Warm and sunny. I ran an easy four miles. Then we had a nice dinner out with my dad. Went to bed extra early. Bless my neighbor who drove us to the airport at 0330.

Happy St. Patrick’s Day weekend!  AKA St. Paddy’s Day. Please do not, under any circumstances, call it St. “Patty’s” Day.  Irish people will laugh at you.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have 17.

Margaret, hoping the flights go well.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Margaret, I hope your flights are on time and all goes well today.

Damaris, 17! It's like you're gonna run a marathon or something. And did you say 12 tomorrow? I think your coach is good for you!

Went to meet the baby runners this morning. It's been kinda rainy here, with storms predicted this afternoon/evening. And it's a down week in their training plan. And the guy in charge is out of town for a funeral. All those excuses to say, nobody showed up except me and the other coach! So we ran 3 together. It was fun. She's a good bit faster than me (and pretty much everyone locally, she was a collegiate national 5k champion and when she signs up for local races wins not just overall female, but overall), thankfully she was willing to run easy so I could keep up.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Margaret, we haven't heard back from you, so I am hoping you're on a jet plane!  Interesting about St. PaDDy's!

Damaris, 17!  Rock it!!!

Karen, rainy here too.

I was hoping to do my hill tonight, but I forgot my sports bra.  Might hit Target or Walmart to see if I can find one but I am supposed to make a call at lunch.  I could walk down to Target, but not sure they make a big girl one.  (I have a huge ribcage and small boobs - it's a fight to find them.  All big girl ones have huge supportive cups and my little things flop around in them.)

Talking to a different coach tomorrow night.  I am not going to continue with my current one, just doesn't give direction, super nice and I enjoy interacting with him.  This is an older woman who has an interest in menopausal women, works on nutrition and strength as well.  I will find out just how much tomorrow.  A bit more expensive, but we shall see.  I waver between not wanting one or really thinking I need one at the basic stage I am at, but feel that direction and accountability is helpful.  And if she gets involved to a degree with nutrition and strength, all the better.

Cheers to you all.

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Half Crazy K 2.0

3 miles followed by upper body strength work. My laundtry basket broke, so went out looking for a new one. No luck at Ollie's. Got the last one from Walmart, which was an aboslute madhouse. the store is closing at the end of the month (really small store).

GatbsyBird, hopefully you are on your way or in Ireland.

Docket, hope the 17 goes well.

AnonymousGuest, was your run at least between storms?

KatS,  I go back and fortrh about thinking maybe I should try a coach. Moatly because something I'm doing just isn't working, but no clue what the answer is. I tried the McMillan run club for a few months and it was not for me. Getting a schedule of runs and then hitting the pace on exactly 0 of them wass completey demotivating.

Anonymous Guest

5k this morning. 2 mile warm up so 5 for the day. I am very happy with the results. After being sick three times in the past few months, I am starting to feel back to normal again, getting in some decent mileage. But I assumed my speed was gone. And while this wasn't as fast as many of the 5ks I've run, I was 13 seconds faster than at this same race last year. Last year was colder and less windy, so better conditions as well. 1st AG, 6th chick overall. The 5 in front of me were anywhere from 20-40 years younger than me, so feeling pretty good about that. It was wet and windy out, but didn't actually rain until after the race was done.

Kat, good luck with the whole coach thing. My osteopenia says someone with nutrition and strength in their wheelhouse would be good.

HCK, after all the rain predicted, it almost all went to either or north or our south. So all my runs hav been rain free. I feel for ya on weekend shopping, I try not to go anywhere near a Walmart on the weekend!

Glad Margaret made it to Ireland finally!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

12 done on the TM. 35mph gusts were not conducive to healthy lungs.

Anyway, 46 miles for the week. First time since 2022, I think!

Damaris