Womens Running

Eclipse Mondailies (Read 11 times)

Yup, that is the excitement for the day.  We are expecting 80% coverage here.

3 miles w Scamp this morning. Trying to get into a groove. Also did some yardwork--needed to transplant several big things.

First week of retirement was really busy! I had somewhere to go every day. This week will be a little calmer.

I haven't been online much--just too busy.

Lori--congratulations!!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We have 97-98% totality I think? We are in the path of totality so maybe 100%, who knows.

RD for me. Just had my Covid booster before London.

I have wine and glasses ready to go.

Damaris

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

35 minutes running on TM, 25 minutes fast walking, then a set of 10 halls + 10 stairs up, alternating. (It takes 30 minutes)

We are in the totality swath of the eclipse and get 100%.. The decent news is that we have very high clouds but mostly sun. I don't know how it will be at 3:15 PM (totality). DC has the patio chairs out and food.   Things are winding up. There was just a police phone alert to locate a man wearing only a shirt. 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

We just passed our peak coverage at 11:13 am, something like 30% or maybe less. I sat outside for it. Nothing noticeable happened. My life did not change. The world seems to be pretty much the same as it was before. Except I finished the grapes that were in the fridge.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Anonymous Guest

Okay, I was complaining about all the eclipse stuff, but it was really cool. A neighbor gave us glasses (I thought I had a pair, but no. Then I thought I wouldn't need them since it was going to be cloudy, but the clouds broke up enough that we saw the whole thing. Well it's still happening but once we got through totality, I stopped watching.). I've seen partial eclipses before and someone told me a total one was just different, and it was.

I ran 7 miles this morning. During the run I thought we should drive down to the lake with my paddle board and DH's kayak and watch the eclipse from the water, then I remembered the severe storm possibilities with hail and tornados possible once this thing is over. We opted for the backyard.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Sue, enjoy your week.  Bummer you've been so busy.

Damaris, saw you got your miles in yesterday, hope they were OK.

Judy, hehe on the police alert.

Margaret, just glad all the hype is just about over.

Karen, lucky girl, we were totally cloud covered except for about 10 seconds.   Backyard sounded safer.  Nice miles.

Bummer eclipse here.  Though it getting dark and cool was neat.  Our street lamps went on so it didn't get as dark as some.

Got 4 miles in after work yesterday, I opted for speed walking (kinda) the hilly road (kinda).  Feel good today.  6 on tap for tomorrow.

That's all.  Off tomorrow.  YAY.  But that means I work Sat.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Eclipse was beautiful! The sun was a black disk with pink surrounding it. Time up to and after there was a weird orange light around us. There had been a breeze but it was dead quiet with no movement of any trees. Birds left. Temperature dropped 5 degrees. Fun experience!

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Eclipse was beautiful! The sun was a black disk with pink surrounding it. Time up to and after there was a weird orange light around us. There had been a breeze but it was dead quiet with no movement of any trees. Birds left. Temperature dropped 5 degrees. Fun experience!

Same! The ring on totality was gorgeous (ours was a bright white).

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Running rest day, did do an upper body workout. We got about 90%. It looked pretty cool--crescent sun.

Those of you in the totality areas sounds like you had a really cool experience. I did get to see totality via a co-workers phone. She was facetiming her mom in Ohio and showed all of us.