Womens Running

Totally Thursdailies (Read 12 times)

Rest day here. The Guns N Roses concert was great--they played 3.5 hours!  Didn't get home till midnight.....

Meeting with division chief went well. Glad I got to speak my mind.

Kat, so sorry about Miss Piggy.

Ugh Karen--good luck with the van repairs.

Later y'all!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sweet! Glad it was fun.

I have 4 later. I wanted to go outside this morning while it was still cool but woke up tired still.

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

5 on the TM today.

Work update... Ford Canada and Union have reached a tentative deal and they vote on Saturday. I hope it's a good deal because it will set the pattern for GM and my company Stellantis. I don't want a strike. Not sure how things are going on your side of border as your workers have larger pay difference between the two tiers. Two tier working is inherently wrong IMO and we only voted it in as supposedly a temporary measure to "save" the company from bankruptcy back in 2009. But of course they don't want to give that up now that it's in. Our union in Canada has negotiated a better transition to pay equity (workers grow into full pay a hella lot sooner than on your side) but it still needs improvement. Anyway, I'm hoping it's a good contract and they ratify and get to us. I need dental work. And my benefits cease while on strike. Lol.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Happy belated birthday Damaris

And I'm so sorry about your Piggy Piggy Kat. It's always hard even when expected.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good luck with the vote, Lori!

And thanks, ladies!

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

20 minutes on the treadmill + strength training. We took a short vacation to Niagara Falls. Lots of walking. Beautiful area. We went to both sides.

Kat, sorry for your loss. So hard.

CrazySue, that sounds like a great concert.

Docket, hopefully it will still be nice after work.

BerthaSlayer, hope thtere is a quick resolution. We stayed on the Canadian side, so saw mostly Canadian news. Good thing, because our intial plan for yesterday was to drive into Toronto to hang out for a few hours before our flight left at 4pm. Saw coverage ofo the dtrike, but luckily also saw that there were lots of protests planned yesterday, including downtown Toronto, so we ditched that idea. We did get a little time there on Sunday, went to the hockey hall of fame.

Anonymous Guest

Feeling kind of whiny today so I’ll keep it short. No running again, maybe that’s partly why I’m not happy. 

On the exciting news front, my car has been built! Timing should be about perfect for getting it once we get back to TX.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel