Womens Running

Mattress Monday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Cool overnights make for a stronger mattress magnet.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Friday I did an hour on the track, running.

Saturday was a rest day except for a 1.6 mile hike with lots of hills.

Sunday Buddy and I did our 70 minute run. In October we will start our 20th year of running together. It seems like yesterday that we met at the drinking fountain. 

Today will be a run at the gym, then some cardio at home. I have a new cardio DVD that I want to try.

I also have my gyne exam this morning. 

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ginnyb

Lisa and I at Run Woodstock.  I never buy race photos, but this is the best one I have ever had taken, and Lisa is in it too.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t31.0-8/s960x960/10708721_10204777200693145_3694494748183292888_o.jpg

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

ginnyb

Didn't work.....sorry

Ginny

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

ginnyb

Trying again....

ginnyb

okay, I give up

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Here you go Ginny. Just had to paste it in the tree icon thingy.

Marjorie

ginnyb

LOL!  i tried that Marjorie!   Thank you, I am so inept at this stuff!  I can find my way around the internet and other things that I have to do at work, but have trouble with so much!

Ginny

Howdy!  Ginny--great pic of you and Lisa!

Busy week last week--glad to be home.  I went to NOAA HQ to present the Sea Life quilt to Dr. Sullivan.  What a great lady--she was an astronaut on two different missions.  She was so excited about the quilt that she hung it next to her desk.

Ugh!  Can't seem to get the pic to post.  ;(

Saturday had a great 36 mile ride with my buddies, Sunday morning was a little cooler and we did 10 miles.

Mattress won this morning--got a stupid cold and didn't want to swim with a snotty nose...

BF is back from his research cruise, so my life is back to normal.  Wink

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

May be the browser you are using Ginny.  It can be picky. If you are using IE that may be the issue.

Ran 3.5. It is a rest day but felt like running versus walking.

Dh and I did front yard yard work. Back is soaked so we couldn't do it but with the fence no one will see it while we are gone. Packed and we will leave in a few hours. Doggies are at camp. We need to drop Dh's work car off so it can be serviced while we are gone.

Marjorie

camille2

Great pic, Ginny and Lisa!  Definitely a buy.

Marjorie, how many steps did hubby get on day 1?

Hi, Judy and all who follow.

Lisa, I shouldn't whine about the rain.  Anchorage isn't like SE Alaska, with huge quantities..  We get less total than Detroit and Seattle. It's just that ours is mainly in Aug and Sept when we average 15 days/month with rain.  With winter looming, we believe we deserve better.  : )

I started a planned 8-10 miler yesterday afternoon, but just didn't have it and was walking too much for training and bagged it.  I've been dieting and want to hit lifetime weight on Thursday, so think fuel was issue. I'll try another in a day or tow.. I'll prob walk 4 with the gals tonight.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Camille he only had it on part of the day. I think he got around 2K

today he has already done 5 thousand so he is doing much better as it hoes on.

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Ginny, wow, 20 years with Sunday Buddy? Good for you.

Ginny, you're right, that is a good picture! Look at that muscle definition in your lower legs. (and the splint on your wrist and you're doing the race anyway!)

Susan, not on FB but would like to see the pic, maybe Marjorie can work her magic with that too?

Marjorie, you're right, nobody will see the back yard. The only problem is going to be what it looks like when you return, ie jungle. Safe travels!

Karen, that sounds like a lovely anniversary celebration.

Camille, are you doing WW or is this a personal weight challenge? I'm still snickering about one person's sig line on WW that says "I have decided that I am never going to be at my lifetime lowest weight and I'm fine with that. After all, 6 lbs 4 oz is just not realistic."

Busy and hot weekend! 27 on Saturday, I hadn't had a long run since Bogus and really needed one. Set out at 4:45 when it was 68 degrees. Got back at 10:30 and it was 90. In between were hilly miles, a  couple of potty stops, several stops to refill ice & water, and a WI at WW. (Still over goal+2 but going in the right direction.) I also went to the peach orchard and bought two boxes. Shared some with Sis and SIL, my parents, my parents' next door neighbours (who happen to be our priest and choir director), and RN this morning, and I still have plenty. All the cooking peaches remaining after making cake, crisp, and sorbet have been blanched, sliced, and frozen, though. Woo hoo.

4 miles this morning. Busy week ahead.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Here Sue

I got it before you deleted. The link you posted wouldn't take so I saved it and loaded.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Tessa oh it will be a jungle but won't be the first time. It was too soggy to mow it today

we are at the beach. Cloudy but nice. We have a balcony looking straight out on the Atlantic.

We have a full suite with kitchenette and apartment fridge so lots of room. We stocked up at the store. I've got my running route for tomorrow. We are set Smile

Marjorie