Womens Running

Weekender (Read 9 times)

Anonymous Guest

DH now has my last illness. It wasn't too bad until today, poor guy feels miserable now.

I ran 2.7 miles yesterday, had to stop twice to cough and catch my breath, couldn't even make it to 3 miles. Today I ran 4 and didn't stop at all! Hooray for progress. However, after those two short runs, I am now stiff and sore. I was going to ride my bike after the run, but nope, gonna save that for tomorrow.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Half Crazy K 2.0

Ugly day here, although it was warm. 12 miles. They didn't suck as bad as I thought they would.

AnonymousGuest, is this the new bike? Enjoy the ride!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ran the Gluhwein Gallop 5K today. I wasn't going to race it but I didn't expect to not be able to breathe and have to walk more on the last mile than the first 2 combined. Anyway, 38:12 is still faster than my easy pace so can't complain.

And the fucking race was around 1.5 bricks. FTS. It was a fun race, though.

But good news? Although the bricks angered the leg a bit, it's been like nothing happened most of the day.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

AnonymousGuest, is this the new bike? Enjoy the ride!

Yes. Nothing big though, just pedaling around the neighborhood to get used to it more. Probably hit the trails next week (I don't want to go on a weekend because they are more crowded).

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Karen, feel ya on stiff and sore.  And I haven't even been sick.  Glad you're able to be out there though.  Have fun with the e-bike.

Kathi, sorry your day was ugly, never fun.  12 is a good run.

Damaris, glad the race was fun and your time was good.

I got a very easy 5 miles in.  And by easy I mean a meandering slow walk.  Sore here, like Karen.  I figured a few slow miles are better than no miles.  It was BEAUTIFUL out, about 70 and hazy.  Lovely.

This morning was the lottery for Western States and Hardrock.  Unfortunately Margaret didn't get picked, for WS, sadness.  My coach did though, woot woot.  Hardrock was a bust for my friends.  One guy from our running group got in, but I barely know him.

Signed up for Hennepin Hundred last night.  Karen has it in her signature line, so it isn't outing her that YAY, she is doing it too!!!!  It's 2-2.5 hours west of Chicago.  Supposed to be a great (and flat) race.  Tow-path trail along the canal.  Shockingly flatter than Badger, but only because Badger had a detour on the roads with some hills.  Sounds like the footing isn't quite as good as Badger.  Now to corral some peeps to come and play.  I am postponing my Madagascar trip until 2025 so I can run Hennepin.  And I also owe a large chuck of change to both the IRS and for the trip, IRS trumps the trip.  So Hennepin it is.

Hope you're all having a nice weekend.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Happy weekender! No luck at the Western States lottery yesterday, but with a 5.8% chance, it wasn't too surprising.  Fun to be there anyway.  Then DH and I went to my dad's house and started putting up his Christmas stuff.  It'll take a few trips.  And after that, we went to the neighbors' house for holiday gathering.  An exhausting day, but it was all good stuff.  No running yesterday.  Will head out for a few miles shortly.  Aiming for double digits, we'll see.

Karen, I've had some bad bouts with upper respiratory bugs that seemed to last for months.  Good that yours doesn't seem to be lingering.

HCK, nice 12!

Damaris, yay on the 5k!

Kat, woohoo for a big goal for next year!  Nice miles.

I'm thinking about goals for next year too.  The Tahoe Rim Trail 56 mile race is on my 56th birthday, so I feel like I need to do it.  Other things that I want to do are all in September, so I will have to pick one of them.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Half Crazy K 2.0

Just under 7 this morning. Last ditch effort to do my part to try to help my team stay in the mileage game. Another ugly day, ended the run stomping in standing water on the school field. I hate wet feet.

I finally tried Crumbl Cookies yesterday. Pricey. Good, but the cookies seem rather inconsistent size wise.

KatS, any miles are good miles.

GatsbyBird, we got the tree up, that's about the extent to our decorating.

Anonymous Guest

Got out on my bike. Just rode it around the neighborhood playing with the gears and the e buttons. This is the nicest bike I've had, e or not. Not much else planned for today, although I may have to brave a trip to Target (on a weekend, no less!) as DH's prescription is ready at the CVS inside it, and he is feeling pretty sickly.

The Tahoe Rim Trail 56 mile race is on my 56th birthday, so I feel like I need to do it.  

That's like a sign from the running gods - OF COURSE you have to do it.

Kathryn, I need to look at training plans and my past training and such - I think some walks are in my future! Hennepin is also 2.5 hours north of Quincy, so I can go see my mom either before or after. DH also grew up around that area (his grandparents lived in Sterling and he lived just north of the quad cities across the river from Clinton, IA) but I don't know if he still has any relatives in the area.

HCK, I think you've got a pretty good shot in the game. My guys are wearing down from five straight weeks of high mileage. Trying to hold on for this last week before a break, but don't know if we'll have the numbers. Plus we have one of those people that never participates in the forum, just throws up all his/her runs Monday or Tuesday, so never really know where we stand. Nice mileage for you, especially with no treadmill!

12 miles today, inspired by HCK.

Laundry is going.  I may or may not get some yard work done, a little damp after some drizzle last night.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Mellow here, laundry too.  Kinda.  Sorta lax about it.  Mostly hanging on the couch relaxing.  Since I don't have a running schedule at this moment, I decided to relax.

Margaret, nice 12.  Isn't laundry a blast...  So bummed about WS.  Just think, next year twice the tickets and chances.  Yes to the running gods saying you should do the race!!!!  Looks beautiful.  And hard.

Kathi, wet feet certainly do suck.  Nice 7 for you!

Karen, nice that HH is close-ish to your family.  i am going to chat with my coach about a very long term plan.  Hopefully he will be ok with looking forward to some training races I can look into soon to get on my tentative schedule.  I'd really like to do Kettle Moraine in June, 100K.  It's also Ornery Mule, so I will talk to coach about it.  I am pretty sure he's done it.  It gives me 6 months.  I looked at Ultrasignup...  It projects my finish at nearly 38 hours.  I know it won't be that bad, but kinda disconcerting to see that.  You on the other hand, 24 hours!

Best to you all.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Anonymous Guest

I know it won't be that bad, but kinda disconcerting to see that.  You on the other hand, 24 hours!

K

I hadn't even thought to look - thanks for mentioning. Listed at under 24 makes me feel much better about my chances, as ultrasignup usually has me much much slower than I think I can run. For my 4:31 marathon I ran in November I think it predicted 5:22. For you, remember that you've got a lot of training between now and then, plus ultrasignup, as mentioned, tends to think people are a lot slower than they are.