Womens Running

Fridailies (Read 11 times)

Anonymous Guest

I ran 4 this morning. Almost two weeks since my last run, so 4 was enough. I feel better now than I did before the run, so it was needed.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 on the treadmill because I didn't feel like wearing everything needed to run in 25 degrees.

AnonymousGuest,  glad you felt better after the run

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

5 on the TM. 50mph wind gusts today and likely 30mph gusts or thereabouts for my race tomorrow. Oh, well.

I feel like I sometimes don't want to run and feeling lazy at 25-30mpw. I am sure that will change when Karen starts training me for my next race but it's been the longest time I've not trained for anything (except during Covid and even then we were training hoping the races would happen). So maybe I feel...lost, ha.

Karen, nice job!

HCK, nice run.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

See those "high community level covid" orange counties in west central IL? That's where I was, hugging and shaking hands with half the town, hanging out in the hospital, etc. Oops. So far so good here, hope it stays that way.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh, boy!

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

AnonymousGuest, the CDC has another map that requires a bit of digging around on their site, community transmission. You need to go to the CDC Covid Data Tracker and then there is a drop down about mid way down the page. Most of IL is high community transmission. My county is considered "low" on the community level, but substantial on the community transmission. It's really misleading info, gosh, I can't imagine why the CDC has an image problem right now. I also periodically check my region;s hospital alerts. Basically it measure how f***ed are you if you need to go to the ER. Most of our area hospitals are in "please don't come to the ER unless it's really an emergency" mode and "if you do have an emergency, good luck actually getting a bed". If you look at the chart, the times reset each night at midnight.

Docket, same. I've barely raced since 2020 and when I have, it has not gone well. So hard to really get the motivation to do a training cycle for anything.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We keep clocking Low/Green per the CDC but not sure the county were Indy is is really low either.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

I honestly hadn't looked at anything in months, then the local (to my hometown) news station posted an article with that picture to facebook. Right or wrong, I've just been living life like pre-covid. I guess that's why it took me by surprise.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I've not looked at it in months except what they send every week for the office. We never got to orange much so I didn't get to work from home. 

But they did say they were expecting a larger wave of Covid this Winter.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

We keep clocking Low/Green per the CDC but not sure the county were Indy is is really low either.

Here's the community transmission map from the CDC. I couldn't do it for the whole country, but this shows that a huge area is moderate to high transmission. The community levels somehow include hospitalizations, I have no clue what the formula is, but whatever it is, it's really misleading to use low "community" level while covid is spreading at a much higher rate.

3 mile joggity jog after work.  Then happy hour beer and apps with DH.

Karen, glad you got out for a run and it felt good.

Damaris, I know what you mean about feeling lost without a goal.  I don't have anything on the calendar for next year yet.

HCK, nice 5.

I don't pay attention to Covid data any more.  I'm as immunized as I can be: Covid, flu, shingles.  If I get it, I get it.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Agreed, HCK. Crazy.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Agreed, HCK. Crazy. But the equations were made to get us back into the office nationwide (the whole government).

Damaris