Womens Running

Happy Birthday Ernie! Thursday Supermoms (Read 22 times)

runnergirl9508

RR: crunch and run class, plus more miles afterwards. I will keep it to 6 miles total today, as Ragnar ADK starts tomorrow!!! My first leg is 5.1 miles, and i'll probably be running around noontime. The next two are 9 and 8 miles, and should be around 8pm Friday and 4am Saturday. So excited! We had a last-minute substitution for our van and the girl who is now running is really cool. Glad that worked out.

TR: Not much of an appetite yesterday, must be making up for earlier in the week when he just couldn't get enough to eat. He will be staying with my mom while I run this weekend, and she's already planned a bunch of fun activities for them to do. There's an apple orchard a couple of miles from her house, and they have all sorts of farm animals there for the kids to pet and feed. There's also a ginormous sand pit with trucks and diggers.

NRR: ha! all packed up and ready to go...will be leaving around noon today. probably won't make it back for personals and I doubt i'll be on much this weekend. So have a great one, and good luck to anyone racing.

Ernie- hope you have a fantastic birthday!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

running eh

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERNIE!  Hope you have a great day today!

rg - the times you are running don't sounds that bad - I hope you can rest/sleep in the van!  Hope you and R both have fun and I hope DH survives Smile

RR - nothing, again - see NRR - this cutback week is more like a rest week!

NRR - woke exhausted with a headache and a sore throat decided to keep sleeping b/c I have another long work day today...

FR - meat pie and beets for the family. leftovers for me at work

CTimesTwo

Morning,

ER - most of my left leg feels better (except for the knee of course) but my right IT band area is still sore, but still decided to get on the elliptical for a bit..

TR - a total wreck after daycare.. was upset b/c I wouldn't give her more crackers since it was too close to dinner, then got upset when I wouldn't let her go play in the basement... then the nanny stopped by and C freaked out thinking we were leaving since the only time the nanny is around is when we aren't...  at one point I felt compelled to ask C, why do you hate being around me so much?  Cry

TR2 - I woke up at 1:30am to find C in bed with DH and I.. DH said she was having issues sleeping... she didn't fall asleep in our bed but was calm enough that when we brought her back to her crib she was ok..

NRR - was talking to my manager about this big project we're working on and he asked me what I felt the biggest road block to getting everything done was... I said "Meetings.  I've spent at least half the day the past 3 days in meetings."  His response was, "Really?"  Uh, yes, dude, we really have too many meetings.

rg - have a great time a the ragnar!!

eh - ugh hope you're not getting sick... i tend to always have a dry scratchy throat in the AM and i always think i'm getting sick...

Ernie - happy birthday!!

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

happy birthday Ernie! I hope you find some acceptable chips for post LR snacking!

RR - I was EXHAUSTED and the thought of getting up at 4:45 to hit the track was not appealing, since MIL is here.  So I slept in until 7 and I'm going to do my 5x1000 on a flat stretch of beach path down by the lake, because you're really not supposed to use the track during school hours.

TR - took him to Hot Wheels Store (aka Target) yesterday and he was in heaven.  Of course he wanted this $24.99 play set, my kid with expensive tastes.  They had Hot Wheels, Lego man and Mcqueen underwear but he totally wasn't interested.  He did pick out his own toothbrush and he was much more interested in using that.

FR - crockpot chili

NRR - tried to sleep starfish style last night but the damn cat took over half the bed.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

ER - ST

TR - She's getting the last of her first set of molars, and was biting her hands and being really fussy while I was making dinner last night. Then she refused to eat anything except mashed potatoes, yogurt and applesauce, which she would only eat if I held her like a baby and spoon fed her. But then, as soon as dinner was over, she started running around, laughing her head off and spent a good half hour jumping on the couch. I think I got fooled!

FR - My mom is picking up Swiss Chalet and coming over for dinner.

NRR - Plans for the day are grocery shopping, a play date with two friends and their toddlers and then dinner with my mom. And, a friend's BIL is giving a TED talk at 11 am about preserving food that I am pretty excited to watch!

~~~~

rg - Good luck at Ragnar and have fun! Sounds like you'll be able to get some sleep between legs. Hope R and your mom have a great time!

eh - Good call on sleeping in. Hope you aren't getting a cold! How are you preparing the beets?

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

runninmer

Ernie, Happy Birthday!  I love TED Talks!

RR:  CC Meet after school today.  Only 5th and 6th graders which will be nice because we only have 2 races! Smile

TR:  Was awake before I left this morning so I got him up.  MIL bought him super cute pajamas with animals all over and they are adorable...not to mention a 3T and they fit him well.

NRR:  Training sub #2 today.  She doesn't have a valid teaching license yet and she has no background in my area, but we will make it work.

FR:  Been digging cookies and cream ice cream the past couple nights.  Although, after looking at FB last night, i could really go for some black jelly beans!

PGR:  3cm.  No contractions.  Feel yucky.  Another day.....

rg - Have a blast this weekend with the relay.  It sounds like a ton of fun!

eh - Good for you for choosing sleep.  I hope work goes fast for you.

cx2 - Bosses are clueless.  Mine talked about his son for half an hour yesterday and I was beyond annoyed.  Don't waste my time.  (And I had to pee SO bad!)  I know how it feels to feel like your toddler doesn't want to be around you.   J refused hugs and kisses this morning from me before I left.  He just wanted dad.

zorbs - Running by a beach sounds much more pleasant than a track!

ernie - I hope you have a great day.  Oh, those toddlers know how to play us like fools! Smile

bermy - I figured out the book!  I do have the cookbook!  I was reading last night and figured it out.  Now to get to that part.  Smile

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

moxieluvah

mer - I'm lurking every day just to see if you had the baby yet Smile

beckykay

MORNING!!!!  After a month of being super slow, I have been slammed this morning with 8 cases to open.  Nice.  So just a quick - HI! from me.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - ran 15k last night with RP.  Sometime today I'll do 5-6 mi on the TM, just at an easy recovery pace.

TR - was sick yesterday.  On Monday when we got home she had a stomach and diarrhea, then was better, then randomly again yesterday, plus she threw up.  Seems fine this morning.  Hopefully that's it!

BR - one tooth has cut!  I think she's also working on the other top tooth, hopefully it cuts soon and we're done w/ this teething session.

FR - didn't end up cooking anything last night since I was running and M was sick, DH fed O leftovers.  I have either chicken or pork chops for tonight.

NRR - getting a new cable/internet company installed today... was hating our old one, internet speed was poor, DVR didn't work well, etc.  Hopefully the new one is good as we've signed a 3 year contract.  We are also cancelling our home phone service!  Hopefully we don't regret that!  I feel a little sad bc I've had the same phone number for more than 10 years, probably more like 13, and I won't get it back again if we decide to reinstate phone.  Oh well, the only calls we get on it are from my mom and telemarketers.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERNIE!!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

Happy birthday, Ernie!

RR: 4 solo miles last night, run was crap but it helped my mood considerably. Hope to go again tonight but it is very blustery and stormy, we shall see.

TR: Slept like a rock last night. It freaks me out when he sleeps in and I start wondering if he's dead. Asthma is getting better and he is fighting the nebulizer less.

FR: Flat iron steak, butter brown potatoes, and bacon/onion brussels sprouts last night. No idea for tonight other than chicken breast.

NRR: Going to leave work early tomorrow and go pick out flooring/tile/laminate countertops for the house. Also still need to decide on exterior colors and stone and need to have that decision made soon.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

NRR2- Today is the 3 year anniversary of the shooting. I texted my mom last night to make sure she is doing something fun today and not just sitting around by herself.

Runnergirl- good luck at Ragnar! Sounds like R will have a blast with Grandma. R likes visiting my mom she has a huge "yard" (cemetery) with lots of tractors and mowers.

eh- I would have slept too. I still feel crappy, probably from getting glutened twice in a short period. You are training for a FM right?

cx2- it sounds like you guys are in meetings all the time. Good for you for pointing that out.

zorbs- R keeps losing his toy cars, I need to hit up some yard sales to find him some to pad out his collection.

Ernie- I have a friend who has told me about TED Talks, but I haven't watched them. Maybe I should? I'm actually interested in food preservation- I have a dehydrator and vacuum sealer and have done some canning in the past. I don't have a green thumb but I'm going to try my hand at a veggie garden at the new house since our water is like $200/year for the well rights vs expensive city rates.

mer- ewww black jelly beans! I hate anything licorice. Does that make your sub an "emergency sub" since she isn't licensed?

Hi moxie!

CA- In my town we have the fastest internet in North America, however they haven't extended the fiber optic network to where my new house is yet, so we will probably have to do satellite or high speed wireless internet. We might not be able to do our streaming tv only anymore Sad  We cancelled our land line for the same reason since we were moving soon, but DH might make me do a land line again at the new house since he thinks its a safety issue. Any developments on your work situation?

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

armmama

Happy Birthday Ernie!!

quick post from me, hope to be back later this afternoon

RR - SRD

BR - whiny and getting on my last nerve.  I think the older I get the less patience I have.  I am also PMSing so that's not helping.

KR - letting them walk home from school without me today.  DD2 goes to a different school and they all get out at the same time.  She rides the bus and the last few days the bus has beat us home (I walk to school to pick up the other girls and we walk home).  They walk with 2 other girls (11 & 7) from the neighborhood so I think they'll be OK, as long as they don't fight.

FR - made banana bread this morning.  Maybe that and some eggs for dinner, DH won't be home.

NRR - meeting a friend at the zoo today.  Supposed to be warm and sunny so need to take advantage of these nice days!

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - Ragnar sounds so fun! Sounds like R is in for an equally fun weekend!!

r-eh - Good plan to sleep this morning. I hope you feel better... I often get sore throats when I'm tired.

cx2 - aww poor C, it sounds like she's just tired from daycare. Ugh on the meetings, hard to believe your manager was surprised at your response.

zorbs - I always do my speedwork on paths instead of the track, I'd rather that than running in circles. Yay for the toothbrush victory!

ernie - lol on S and her teeth/fooling you! Yay for your mom picking up dinner tonight!

mer - Sounds like your sub won't have much time until she has to jump in on her own! Yum, I'm with you on the black jelly beans Smile

becky & moxie - waves!

spike - glad you got out last night, sometimes a crappy run is better than no run. Exciting that you're picking out all the finishes on the house! I don't see any safety issues in the city not having a land line - they can now track our cell signals for location on our 911 calls. I'm going back to work Oct 9th, I don't really expect anything to change... Hopefully they have enough work that they won't have to lay someone off when I go back (it wouldn't be me - but one of the other 2 guys)

arm - exciting that your girls are old enough to walk home from school now! I hope that our kids can go to a neighborhood school so they can walk. Have fun at the zoo!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CTimesTwo

zorbs - I was at Target yesterday to buy some toy trucks for a nephew and was too cheap to spend the money so I bought a dollarstore truck instead... SIL said that was fine.. whew...

mer - 3cm!  You're getting closer!  Not a fan of black jelly beans or black licorice, the flavour seems so strong!  Um, your sub... hope it works out this time.. how does one get a teaching job without a teaching license??  (once again, major differences in how teachers are hired in your area compared to mine)

becky - it's always feast or famine in my job too... right now I'm feasting, while 2 weeks ago I was famine-ing...

CA - we cancelled our landline a few years ago for the same reason: only my mom or telemarketers ever called!  We've been ok with just our smart phones.. we weren't paying that much for our land line (it was with vonage) but we simply weren't using it enough to warrant paying for it..

spike - when C sleeps past 7:15, I think something is wrong too... I don't think I've ever eaten a brussel sprout in my life...

arm - mmm banana bread... I usually make mini banana muffins for C, but they don't seem to taste the same as banana bread..

superspike113

Honorary Old

cx2- they are like tiny delicious cabbages. I lightly steam them then sautee them with bacon and onion. So good. I'm a big cabbage/cruciferous veg fan though.