Womens Running

Timely Thursdailies!!! (Read 11 times)

It's that time!! Retirement party time!!!  Well, I asked for a low key lunch instead of a party.  Today.  I hope I survive.  I don't like being the center of attention. At all.

Smile Have a great day!!

Half Crazy K 2.0

3.5 miles

CrazySue,  happy retirement! So exciting.

GatsbyBird,  from yesterday,  locally people are pissed at O'Malley.  I guess the RTO is coming up and we really need all that extra traffic.  I would suspect he took this job to try to boost his national visibility for another presidential run. It's annoying,  not one public official has encouraged wfh.

Anonymous Guest

Since we're taking the van and the Jeep camping this weekend, we decided to break the 7-hour trip into two days. On the way back we're staying at a state park, but on the way up we just have a Harvest Host, which in this case is a museum. The museum looks interesting (women pilots during WW2) but if go early enough to do the museum, we're then just hanging out in the parking lot all afternoon/evening with the dogs. So we're not going to leave until lunch or after and if we don't get there before they close, will just make a donation online. All that to say, I have time to run a few easy miles this morning before packing the van and heading out. But then I woke up so tired, so instead of running I opted for a third cup of coffee. Looking like a rest day for me today.

Margaret, what a shit show. Sorry, no advice, just that.

Susan, so excited for you! Enjoy the lunch. DH was kinda glad to have retired during covid so he didn't have to have a big party, just a couple small outdoor lunches.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have 7 later.

Sue, enjoy every minute!

HCK, nice run. And ugh. Maybe that will help the DC employees and can delay RTO.

Karen, enjoy the rest.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

So the place we're headed this weekend is a private campground and offroad park at Palo Duro Canyon in north Texas. We've been to the state park up there and it's gorgeous. DH is doing a group trail run thing with his Jeep on Saturday. Anyway, this place posted a youtube video with this picture about a Jeep that apparently rolled off the edge of a campsite and fell 300 feet. Guess which campsite we have reserved? DH has confirmed that it is still open/available this weekend.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Sue, may you have many happy hours in retirement! 

35 minutes running on TM, then 1 round of stairs (I added the 10th floor to it)

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Half Crazy K 2.0

Docket, social security and CNS have a big campus in west Baltimore,  just off the beltway. The west side is a traffic cluster on good days, now it will probably be the route for oversized freight and hazardous cargo that can't go through the tunnels.  Plus we have Ft Meade.

CrazySue, congrats on retirement!  You are getting out at the right time. 

HCK, yes, more commuters is exactly what Baltimore needs right now. RTO kicks off on 4/7. Good luck.  This debacle not going to help if the commissioner has grander political ambitions. No head of my agency has ever gone on to do bigger, better things. 

Karen, safe travels and good luck with that campsite. You’re driving two vehicles?  Good thing you are not paying CA gas prices. 

Damaris, enjoy the 7. 

Judy, nice workouts.

I did 4 yesterday. Wearing a buff over my nose and mouth helped to reduce coughing. Although, it gave me flashbacks to the pandemic years, yikes.  Another short easy run later today.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Half Crazy K 2.0

GatsbyBird,  he already tried running for president once and dropped pretty early.