Womens Running

Monday Morning Supermoms (Read 22 times)

runnergirl9508

Morning Mamas~

RR: teaching bootcamp this morning, then going for a run afterwards. I have a big chunk of time btw boot camp and a PT client, so I'm hoping to go at least 8 miles.

TR: had so much fun at the fall festival over the weekend. They had a whole section set up just for toddlers, with a little pumpkin patch, a hay maze, and a corn pit for them to dig/play in! He had a great time with my mom too, and was good for her while DH and I went out Sat night.

NRR: weekend was fun! fall festival with mom and R on Saturday morning, a little local shopping in the afternoon, and dinner and martini's out with DH that night.

effin female cat woke me up at 3am trying to sleep on my pillow. NO! I shoo'ed her off the bed, but she kept coming back every few minutes, so I was awake until 4, then my alarm went off at 4:30. ughh. thank goodness for coffee and the probability of a nap today!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

I have a hangover. Dead

RR - 4 miles, DH and I are doing the start with stroller thing and then finishing up solo.

TR - bought him training underwear at Target, and he managed to keep it dry for a bit.

FR - ham, scalloped potatoes, brussels sprouts with honey & sriracha.

~~~

rg - my cat used to come in at o'dark thirty and chew on the hairs at the crown of my head.  If I shoved her off the bed, then all the better because awake human = greater possibility of food.  Eventually after a LONG time of completely ignoring her, she only does it occasionally now, usually without the hair chewing, but sometimes she steals 95% of my pillow.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

armmama

morning!

RR - either a rest day or maybe a pool run.  Supposed to rain most of the day and night.  Got my last 20 in on Saturday, so now I'm just taking it easy!  My feet really hurt on my run - not in any particular spot but just an annoying soreness.  Something I would expect later into a long run but not starting at mile 10, so I feel like I need to give my feet a break.  I played tennis last night and they felt fine so that made me happy.

KR - taking DD2 to the specialty clinic today to see a slew of doctors.  It'll take up our whole morning so I'm not going to bother sending her to school for just a few hours in the afternoon.

FR - hopefully something with spaghetti squash if I can get to the store this afternoon.  I've never had it and have been curious to try it.

NRR - my mom is here which is great!  I finally got a couple closets organized yesterday.  I've been so overwhelmed with this house and feeling like I have no time to clean and organize it, so it was nice to finally get a few things done.  She'll be here until Thursday so I'm hoping to get lots more done this week.

rg - fall festival sounds fun!  Ugh, sorry about the early wakeup.  DD wanted a cat for a while but DH hates them.  If I ever see a mouse in the house we are getting one though!

zorbs - sorry about the hangover!  Hope it was a fun night at least?

CTimesTwo

Morning,

RR - 4.6 around the hood... 45F and perfect!

TR - spent most of Saturday crying and having temper tantrums...  after a trip to Canadian Tire and the park, she was all smiles the rest of the evening and was in a great mood yesterday... had Thanksgiving dinner at my sister's IL's with my parents as well and C was happy and dancing and chasing their cat everywhere.. it was definitely a nice change from Saturday's moodiness..

NRR - since we don't have to work, my sister and I are headed to the states to shop for a bit... she needs maternity clothes and it's cheaper to buy stuff there..

Sorry for no personals.. have to drop C at my mom's and meet my sister..

Have a great day and Happy Thanksgiving fellow canuks!

strollermama

RR:  Had a really good weekend as far as running goes (finally).  8 on Friday, the incline on Saturday, and then 8 on Sunday with a very fast running group.  I haven't run 7:30 paces in a while.  Then this morning after I dropped DH off at the airport I decided to hit the gym and do a weight workout + 1mi on the TM for warmup and cooldown.  I think I may start a running streak to keep this motivation going.

TR:  Will be sad when he realizes DH is gone.  My mom will be watching him today though as daycare is closed for Columbus day.

NRR:  Dropped DH off very early this morning.  We had a such a nice weekend as a family.  Got lots of house projects done, went hiking, went to the zoo, and visited the pumpkin patch yesterday.  I forgot how nice it is to have a partner too so I can do all of my running!  The only bad thing was last night we filled up the hot tub, only to realize a pipe was leaking so we had to drain it Sad.

RG - Hope you get in your 8!  H loved the corn pit too haha.  I am still finding bits of corn.  Ugh about the cat.  I hope you can squeeze in a nap today.

zorbs - Sorry about the hangover!  Enjoy your dinner - sounds delish.

arm - Is it time for new shoes by any chance?  The first thing I notice when my shoes are old is that my feet hurt.  Glad your mom was able to help out and you were able to get some things done!

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

Erniegirl

ER - Just did a core workout. That's probably it for the day.

TR - Her coffee fiending is getting out of control. She points to the coffee pot and asks for coffee and tries to wrestle mugs of coffee out of people's hands so she can have a taste.

FR - Leftovers. Lots and lots of leftovers.

NRR - Thanksgiving dinner with the ILs yesterday was fine (especially since I spent most of the day in the kitchen cooking and sipping pumpkin beer Wink). My sister and her fam are coming over in 10 minutes and then we are heading to the fall festival at a nearby farm. I still have to shower and get S dressed so I'll be back later for personals!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

armmama

Stroller - I'm glad you had a nice time with DH!  I know it's hard when he has to leave again though.  It's definitely time for new shoes, but Sunday I was wearing my new shoes with 43 miles on them so that stressed me out a little.

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Was supposed to do 5 miles yesterday to get above 20 mpw but I had horrible sinus pain. After about 4-5 saline rinses in the last 24 hours its clearing up, so I plan to run today, tomorrow, and Wed since I will be out of town for work Thursday night- Friday night.

TR: Was a good boy. Man he wears me out, I can't imagine how tired I would be if he were a devil-child. Stayed dry Friday/Saturday so he got to have fudgecicles. Yesterday he had an accident in the middle of the day (poop in underwear Dead) and I told him he didn't get a popsicle now, so then he had two more accidents including more poop.

FR: Last night was asian pork tenderloin and noodles. I wish I could tell you if it was good or not, but I can't taste anything with my sinuses all messed up.

NRR: DH was hunting pretty much all weekend, he was nice enough to tell me Thank you for taking care of house stuff and kid stuff several times.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

runnergirl- Have a good run, glad you had a nice weekend! All our festivals here are in the summer.

zorbs- mm your dinner sounds good. I love scalloped or augratin potatoes. I rarely make them because I end up eating too much.

armama- my feet get sore on long runs 12+ miles. The ball of my foot especially and sometimes it feels like my bones are on fire!

cx2- Happy Thanksgiving! Sorry C was being a pill- R seems to be like the little girl with the chocolate curl- when he's good, he's very very good, but when he's bad he's naughty Smile

strollermama- glad you had a nice weekend with DH. Thanksgiving will be here before you know it! Boo on the leaky hot tub. It might be worth having a full check up on it. Not to freak you out, but we had a house fire here (actually, in a house that my dad used to live in!) that was caused by the hot tub.

Ernie- I'm not sure what I'll do for Thanksgiving this year. My dad can barely handle not killing me with nuts, I don't think he would be able to do GF thanksgiving.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

we decided to go to a farm this afternoon...

arm - sometimes my feet get tired too, I get my physio to do ART on the plantar fascia, I roll it out with a small ball and lately I've been blasting the soles of my feet with the hot tub jets.

cx2 - enjoy the shopping trip!

stroller - I like the idea of a running streak but after 6 days I am a hot mess and dying for a rest day..well not really a rest day but I need to just ST or yoga, so I don't think I'll ever do a streak.

ernie - give her decaf?

spike - ha on the poo rebellion.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runnergirl9508

RR2: an hr of bootcamp + 8.5 mile run this morning, felt awesome!

zorbs: have fun at the farm today! is DeeDee the sheep still B's favorite? nice that you and DH get to run together today. ugh, I definitely do the kitty-pult off the bed, and that usually gets her to stop bothering me. The male cat sleeps under R's crib, he's so much more chill and less needy, which is how I like cats!

arm- taper time- woot!!! great job this training cycle, I can't wait to see how well you do in NYC. is it time for new shoes, maybe that will help with the foot pain? hope all the dr appts go well today. I've never had spaghetti squash either, but I've always wanted to try it! yay for your mom being there, isn't it the best!! I don't mind cats, but i'm definitely more of a dog person.

Cx2- nice weather this morning! lol on the trip to Canadian Tire putting her in a better mood. glad that C was well-behaved for dinner, it's so hard when they're grumpy at someone else's house. have fun shopping today! how close do you live to the border?

stroller- great running this weekend, just what you needed to get going again, i'm sure! and how awesome of a weekend with DH! bummer on the hot tub leak, hope it's not too expensive of a fix. lol, I was doing laundry yesterday and shook out R's jeans from the day we went to the festival and corn flew everywhere!

Ernie- enjoy the core workout today! ahahhaha, R is always stealing coffee!!! he's been a serious addict since he was a year old. guess that's what I get for having one cup of coffee in the mornings when I was pg. have fun at the fall festival today! sounds like dinner was great yesterday. I love the excuse of having to cook while the IL's are here- DH is MUCH better at entertaining them than I am.

spike- ugh, sorry about the sinus pain, that sounds awful! enjoy your runs the next 3 days! ewww on the poop!!! hope R gets back on track with the PT soon! at least you got a TY from DH. We're fortunate to have stuff going on year-round here. There are several Winter WIne festivals

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Erniegirl

rg - Nice to have a good running break in your schedule today! There is a corn pit at one of the local farms and S loves it too. Ha, I drank coffee when I was pregnant, too, so maybe that's where her coffee addiction began.

zorbs - Hangover, eh? I guess you found some vodka in the house? You know, I really should just give her some decaf coffee with a lot of milk in it! Not that the caffeine seems to even affect her - at the cottage this summer, she snuck in the kitchen and downed practically and entire cup of coffee someone had left on the table and then still went down for a nap soon after.

arm - Sounds like your feet were just tired. Hope DD2's doctor appointments go well! Great that you can go to the specialty clinic and see all her doctors in one day. I tried spaghetti squash for the first time recently and I loved it! I've made it twice more since then.

cx2 - Men and children love going to Canadian Tire. I don't get it. I mean, I'm happy to go there when I need to buy something, but I don't consider it a super fun outing.

Stroller - Sounds like you had a fun and busy weekend with DH! Ha ha, I am constantly finding bits of corn throughout my house and car, too.

spike - Boo on the manipulative pooping! Some days I am shocked at how much S has worn me out by the end of the day. Kind of makes me feel old! Yeah, with your dad's track record, Thanksgiving dinner at his place could be a risk Sad

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

BermyHorse

RR: wow, my legs are beat. Just did 3x1.5m of tempo intervals at 7.03 average min/mile with 90 seconds jog rest between sets. Yikes. Did it on a trail with undulation. Coach says she sees major improvements in my running week to week. 2m w/u and c/d. I am tired! I didn't think I could hold that for that long which probably means my tempo steady state will now come down to 7.15s or so. Hills weds, intervals Fri. Ran 45.5m last week. Bought my coach some flowers to say thank you for showing me the way with competitive running. They were from the supermarket. I said when I break 20mins for the 5k I will buy her proper florist flowers. We were laughing.

NRR: Took my car in for its first service on sat and the tyre warning light came on today. ggrrr. Will be taking it back now. Shopped at athleta again on sat and got some uber tight jeggins. Just got some really old school wooden rocking chairs delivered to the front porch. That's where I am going to sit for a lot of nap times snoozing in the cooler sun under a blanket. They were on sale. I will find some seat cushions for them.

TR: OBSESSED with anything truck like esp car carriers, diggers etc. We went to touch a truck and I have a great picture of me and DS sitting in a scoop of a big digger.

FR: eating baked cod, steamed green beans and some wehini wild rice. I had a week of eating whatever I liked and my weight stayed the same which was bizarre as I can hold 5lbs of water weight. I am starting Master you Metabolism meal plan by Jillian Michaels but so far it looks very similar to how I eat usually except I didnt have to come up with the meal plan. DH occupied DS in Kroger whilst I shopped and I got it all done last night in break neck speed.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

BermyHorse

Happy thanksgiving to our beloved Canadian supermoms!

Rg – yay for the festival – sounds great. And hope you filled that long slot this morning with a good run. You sound like you had a really relaxing weekend!

Zorbs – boo on hangover but hope it clears quickly for you.

Arm – yay for cleaning out those closets and getting organized. I still have stuff just piled in places from our move and have no idea where to put it. Great job on your 20m!! Good luck to DD2 at the docs today. Are you meeting these new docs for the first time?

Cx2 – enjoy that shopping trip to the states!

Stroller – yay for spending time together as a family. Did AF turn up then?

Ernie – glad you survived the cooking and IL invasion.

Spike – sometimes at 9am I wonder how on earth I am going to make it through the day, but I do and we move on!!! Glad DH said thank you to you. Sorry your sinuses are acting up. No fun.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

running eh

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving Everyone!!

I don't have time to respond to everyone, but I did read all the posts.  I just want to post here for accountability, my running motivation is waning!

RR - Long run fail today.  DH and I decided to move the LR to today so that we could do it together.  His knee has been bugging him for a bit and he had to stop at 5miles (of 15).  We ran another 2ish easy and then walked the last three home.  He said I should keep going, but I felt bad to do that.

NRR - so tired - it's been nonstop stuff since working on Wednesday and Thursday and I need to catch up on some sleep

FR - squash and carrot mac and cheese w. steak

KR - they are helping DH with some landscaping.  They are super dirty, but they are loving it and the landscaping looks AMAZING!!