Womens Running

Wednesday Supermoms (Read 30 times)

strollermama

mrszm - And I know I should enjoy the time.  Mostly I haven't been alone in 18+ months.  With DH gone, it is nice to have a little companion!  But I know I need to focus on my exam Friday so it will be good.

bermy - I read yesterdays posts and I can definitely relate to not wanting to run or wanting DH/DS to be there.  After the movie theatre shooting, I could not go to a movie for a really long time.  And the first time I did, I had an anxiety attack through about the whole thing. (Didn't help that I live where it happened).  I want to be strong and not let them win by taking races away, but I also am scared about it.

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

back for more later, but wanted to comment on ernie's QOTD -

have you run Yonge St 10K before? I have always been able to run it at just a tiny bit slower than 5K race pace.  My 5K PR pace is 4:57/km, and my 10K PR pace (set at the Yonge St 10K in 2011) is 5:11/km.  I remember my garmin showing in the 5:0x/km range for a lot of the race, but garmin signals are always messed up for most of the race due to the buildings.

Orange chicken recipe:

http://www.examiner.com/article/orange-chicken-the-crockpot

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - meeting RP at the gym, I want to try to get 8k/5mi on the TM before we ST.  Hopefully all the kids stay happy in the daycare for a while.  Otherwise I'll have to finish my run during naps this afternoon.

TR - signing her up for swimming and for dance lessons.  The dance is just all around general dance at a rec center.  We gave her the option of soccer, gymnastics or dance.  She saw her cousin highland dancing and that sealed the deal.

BR - has been a bit more fussy the last couple days, I think she just doesn't feel 100% as she has a tiny bit of a cold.  She didn't nap well yesterday.

FR - made chicken and dumplings yesterday in the slow cooker.  Just trying out a bunch of slow cooker recipes looking for ones I like so that I have a good number of them for when I go back to work.  This one was pretty good.  I prefer it on the stovetop like most other thngs but it passed.

NRR - MIL comes home tonight!!  THANK the GODS! Smile  I probably sound like a big baby, but I missed my babysitter!!!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 5.24 miles with dog and stroller, averaged a 10:40 pace. Why only .24 you ask, zorbs? Because I had to poop, of course and that was the distance to my gate and I didn't want to risk going any further.  After I went to the bathroom I did part of a 10 minute bodyweight ST circuit I found online, my legs were already pretty tired so I didn't finish, but I have decided- no more excuses! I'm going to do at the very least some bodyweight ST twice a week.

TR: Was really good in the stroller. The railroad crossing went down just as I was about to turn away from the tracks and go up the hill on our run last night, so I made a detour along the tracks so that he could watch the train- it made his day! Woke up at 4 and had to poop, I didn't get any sleep after that, and R couldn't fall asleep on his own either, he wanted to be held and is still snoozing in my bed. I got some really sweet pics of him sleeping this morning

FR: leftovers last night, bulgogi tonight. Need to marinade the beef on my lunch break today.

NRR: DH is on nights so I can watch whatever I want on TV. I think I'm addicted to BBC shows- I'm watching Doc Martin on Netflix now, and I have my eyes on a couple other series- Upstairs/downstairs and London Hospital.  I got a book on Photoshop Lightroom 4, so that's going to be my other evening activity- teaching myself how to use software. Wearing my new Boden skirt that MIL bought me- her tax return was burning a hole in her pocket so she bought me some clothes- sweetest woman alive.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - M often wants her daddy - he's way more fun and less about the work than I am since he's not here all day. Hope the run goes well.

zorbs - M does that in the morning sometimes, wanders into our room and turns the light on as she does - it's a brutal way to wake up! Yay for pedicure!

eh - yum, jambalaya!! Hope you can sqeeze your run in.

Ernie - McMillian predicts you could run a 43:39 (4:21) pace. I'd go for sub 44 (4:23) pace. You've been doing lots of long runs so should have good endurance. I find that I can hold almost the same pace for a 10k but you just feel like you are going to keel over and die for twice as long Smile

k gotta take care of kids...

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Erniegirl

Mer - I hope you're feeling better today. You had a lot of very good reasons to be cranky yesterday. I always think of Bermy when I hear curry now, too! Ha ha, I'm not sure I would call what S was doing participating, but she sure was having fun.

Mrszm - Boo to DH not wanting to gossip while running! A couple years ago, my DH decided to run a 5k so I ran with him to train him for it and he kept telling me to stop talking because he was concentrating on not dying. Lol. Yay for a babysitting victory! So, I really like white bottoms for summer and recently bought a pair of white jeans. Now I realize this was not a bright idea since they will surely be destroyed by S in no time.

Stroller - I actually haven't spent an entire night away from S yet, because people have come here to babysit her when we've been out late, but I've been away from her for 12+ hours while attending weddings and, I must confess, I did not miss her at all. It is really nice to have a break from caregiving .I think you might feel a bit lonely when you first get home to an empty house, but you know H will be in good hands and you will see him on Friday. Enjoy your time to yourself to run/study/relax/sleep! Thanks for the 10k pacing advice. My 10k PR is 49:33, but it's two years old, so I know I can definitely run a lot faster than that now.

Bermy - Yes, make it an easy run! I know you are probably feeling fit and your legs are itching to move, but you want to have nice, fresh legs for your fm. Sounds like DS is a pro at climbing. Mmm, I haven't had scallops in a long time. Let me know what you end up making with them.

Zorbs - So, I've only ever done two 10ks before. The first was the Yonge St 10k in 2011 and I finished in 49:33. At the time I had a 5k PR of 24:34, so I was happy with my time, although I actually think I could have finished a bit faster if I'd paced it properly, because I blasted out of the gate and through the first 5k and then felt like I was dying and slowed way down. My second 10k was July 2012 and was horrific. It was 32C, full sun and humid when the gun went off, but, like an idiot, I blasted out the first 4k without any regard to the heat, got a huge stitch in my side, puked in a bush and had to walk a full 2k before I could start running again. So, I just pretend that 10k never happened Smile Thanks for your pacing advice and the reminder that all those buildings will probably throw my garmin off.

CA - I'm sure M will love dance class. Friends of ours have a 5-year-old daughter who takes dance class. She is always asking people to name a type of dance for her to perform, but she does the exact same dance no matter what you say. It's funny. Chicken and dumplings are yummy! Thanks for the pacing advice. Sub-44 sounds insane to me, but I guess it lines up with my recent race times. But I will go for it! Even if I totally blow up,  I have another 10k race on the course three weeks later so I will have a chance to redeem myself.

Spike - Good job doing some ST! Ugh, I hate getting woken up in the 4 am range, because sometimes I can't get back to sleep at that time so then I'm up super early for the day. So nice of MIL to buy you some new clothes!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

superspike113

Honorary Old

For anyone interested- this is the bodyweight workout I'm doing. Once it gets to where I can do it pretty easily, I think I'll feel confident enough to move on to actual weights. My left side is especially weak and my form is terrible, so I know it will probably be a couple months http://exercise.about.com/od/circuittrainingworkouts/l/bl10minutebodyweightcircuit.htm

runnergirl- I find myself thinking about a marathon more and more. Depending on how I do at Seawheeze in August, I might try to segue into a marathon training plan.  I would definitely do another one if I was fast like  you, I just dont relish the thought of 4 hour long runs on the weekends!

zorbs- I bookmarked that recipe.  Sometimes DH turns on the light late at night or early in the morning, and I wish my eyes could shoot lasers at him. I think I finally have him trained to use one of his millions of flashlights to look for crap in the dark. I would have gone pedi too.

eh!- Do your kids do ok at the store? So far R likes shopping and is very social in the cart, hoping he stays that way for a while.

cx2- sorry about your psycho SIL. I got in a big FB fight with my stepsister once because I gently corrected her and she flipped out on me and it turned into this long drawn out thing. We are over it now.

Jen- I would proceed as if you won't have a job- start turning in applications elsewhere that way you have backup lined up. You can always turn down other jobs, and who knows, maybe you will find a fabulous opportunity. Do you want to keep teaching? I just looked and there is an opening with my company where you live. No summers off, but usually the job is pretty flexible and good retirement. Sorry J had a rough night, R has been having a lot of those too so I'm a lazy parent and let him watch movies.

Ernie- I would say probably around 7:15-7:30/mile- you are fast! S is at an age that they either go a 100 mph or they are sleeping, they have the wiggles and its a losing battle to get them to sit still.

Mer- I did cold turkey to rid R of the paci, and it wasn't as bad as I thought, maybe a week of him having a hard time falling asleep. He asked for it for a good month though. Sounds like a good plan with the computers/tablets- kids younger than 5th grade don't really need that. Do they keep them at school? I would be worried that kids would try to take them home- is there a way to block inappropriate content with filters and stuff? Sorry about the preggo brain!

Mzm- did you see the new lulu breezy skirt and shorts? I'm holding out on buying more lulu stuff until I can go to the outlets/SeaWheeze product showcase.

stroller- sorry your exam didn't go well, I also have really high standards for myself- DH told me I was ridiculous for crying over a B in a class, I was also disappointed that I graduated Magna Cum Laude and not Summa, DH said I was being ridiculous then too.  I really think you will enjoy the time to yourself. I am ACHING to have some indulgent alone time where I'm not responsible for anything (therefore after R's bedtime when DH is on nights doesn't count).

bermy- our park has two giant sand pits for playing volleyball and R loves digging in the sand with sticks.  Have fun with your new friend- great job putting yourself out there.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

I forgot I have a work lunch today. Hopefully I can find something caloric enough to eat at the restaurant that I will have fuel for my run. We went to that restaurant for our anniversary and the only things they had marked as GF was a green salad and a caprese salad LOL.

strollermama

spike - I might try that workout!  Plans were to do one tonight but now plans have changed...

It started snowing here again and the roads are nasty.  So now my mom won't be leaving with H.  As much as I am happy DS will be home now, I had a bunch of plans for the afternoon - run, weights, study, etc - that now won't happen.  Stupid weather!

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

armmama

morning!  Late post for me

RR - srd, see KR.  Playing singles tennis tonight so I should get in a workout there at least.

BR - cute as cute can be!  DH left on the golf cart to play tennis last night and L booked it out the door and ran down the street yelling dada! dada!  I had to run pretty fast to catch him!

KR - went to get DD2 up this morning and realized she had puked in her bed. awesome.  DD1 was home sick yesterday with a fever and is still home today because she said her stomach hurt when she tried to eat breakfast this morning.  Both girls have been sleeping all morning.  I'm supposed to play tennis tomorrow morning and if I don't show we forfeit which really sucks because we are going to move up to the next level if we all play well which we should.  But I'm not really sure what I can do about that if they are still sick.

NRR - we are officially moving to Minnesota.  I am allowed to tell people!  DH told his work here yesterday and they are sad but they understand since we are moving "home".  I went through and cleaned out all my bathroom drawers and cabinets yesterday and scrubbed it down this morning.  I plan on doing the same to the rest of the house, hoping not to move too much unnecessary junk.  I have a realtor friend coming over tomorrow to help us out  with getting the house ready to sell.  DH's new company will buy our house if we don't sell it in 90 days which is GREAT, but it would still be nice to sell it sooner than that.

will be back for personals later as time allows!

Marathonjen

Spike - Great job on the run!!  LOL to the .24 because you had to poop...that is much more important.  Yay for R being good in the stroller and getting to see the train.  Exciting for you to get to watch your own tv too.  I guess there have to be some perks to DH being on nights.  What is bulgolgi?

CA - I hope the kids are good so you can get your run in!  How fun for M to take dance...I hope she loves it.  My mom enrolled me when I was 3 and I danced until I was in high school...I was not very good nor did I enjoy it very much but it was just a part of my life and my mom wanted me to do it.  I hope O feels better soon...poor thing.  YAY for MIL coming home!

Spike - I like teaching but I HATE starting so many new jobs.  As a teacher, it is really hard to get hired once you have your Master's degree and it is hard to get a decent salary since pay is still based on time in a district vs. experience in general.  Who do you work for?  I am open to finding a new job but now that i am 12 weeks preggo applying and then telling them I need a mat leave feels a bit unethical and I don't want to build negative relationships.  I am struggling with what to do.

Arm - Congrats on the move!!  Are you excited?  Where in MN?  How quickly does DH need to be there to start his job?  Are you ready for the cold weather again?  HA...that will be the biggest adjustment.  I am sure it will be nicer to be close to family again though.  I am sorry to hear DD1 and 2 are sick.  I hope they recover quickly so you can play tennis tomorrow.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Jen- Ernie posted a recipe the other day- its korean BBQ beef. The .24 was a close call, I wasn't risking it!  I just sent you a FB message about work.  Could you be a subsititute teacher for a year?

armama- yay for being "out" on your move! I thought I purged a lot more than I did, maybe I will do that when I unpack? There is a nasty puke bug going around here too Sad

running eh

cx2 - wow, the thing with SIL really got crazy!  I hate stuff like that, I am so non-confrontational  - Even things that really aren't confrontational make me uncomfortable.  Hope DD sleeps longer tomorrow.

mjen - So sorry about the job situation.  Do they have to let you know by a certain date? - My DH is on the board of DD's school and they have a redundancy policy where they have to let staff know by a certain date if they are not guaranteed work for the next year.  That is a frustrating spot to be in.  Would you take the year off and look for work after the baby comes?  Hope DS survives dinner tonight!

ernie - love that DD has so much fun at the library program!  I have no idea on pacing, but you got some good answers here!

mer - your DH is amazing!  I would love it if DH made something like that for dinner.  He did make a fantastic cake a few weeks ago while I was at work, so I can't complain.  Hope tonights ipads go well.

mzm - I always tell DH to talk to me when we run together (I am too out of breath to talk when I run with him) but he says there is nothing to talk about.  Don't tell me that about the lulu shorts - I starting to think I NEED some lulu...

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

eh - can't wait for the day when B requests something semi-healthy.

cx2 - glad your DH stood up for you.  When I complain about my SIL, my DH either says it's my problem or "that's just how she is."

jen - hey the job situation is all speculation and rumours until you hear it from a credible source.

ernie - the one time I took B to storytime at the library, he was the ONLY kid unable to sit still for 5 seconds.  I was so embarrassed, I never took him again.

mer - the thing about locking him in his room is that if he realized it, it would set off the most epic tantrum ever.  As annoying as it was to have him turn on the light, after we yelled at him, he went right back into his room and played quietly, eventually going back to sleep.

mrszm - I actually own a couple pairs of lulu shorts and I like them, but shorts just so aren't me, so I don't intend on buying more.

stroller - sorry the weather has messed up your plans!

CA - wow, M must be very mature to be able to handle lessons.  I worry about not signing B up for anything because we can't afford it.  But where he is developmentally, I don't think he'd be able to focus and learn anything.  People ask me all the time if he's in music lessons and I just do NOT believe in music lessons until a kid is old enough to ask for them.

spike - sorry, have to comment on the bodyweight workout.  It is lacking in back exercises, which are somewhat impossible to do without equipment (you at least need a bar to do pullups or a lower horizontal bar for rows)..and I think back exercises are so important in running strength.

bermy - you'd die if you ever saw my floors, dust bunnies the size of my feet floating around.

arm - are you from MN originally?

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- Thanks for the comment, I see that now too. Do you think this will be ok to get my muscles stable and build my confidence for lifting over the next month or two? I could probably buy a kettlebell or dumbbells to do some rows and lat exercises. It really is sad how weak I am, I have those "skinny fat" arms that that article Alissa posted was talking about. Also the park two blocks from my house has bars that I could be a weirdo and workout on Smile