Womens Running

Veterans Fridaily (Read 10 times)

Thank a veteran today!

It's a federal holiday so I'm off of work.  Taking my dad on a bay cruise on the USS Potomac today.  Weather looks decent and lunch is provided.  Hope it's fun.  No running today, SRD.  BBL!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Off work too but didn't sleep in as much as I thought I would. I will head out and run either 3 or 5 later. Massage this afternoon and then a concert tonight.

Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Nice you two federal ladies have the day off.  Not for me.  Traffic was nice and light though which was nice.

Margaret, enjoy the cruise with Dad!!!  Neat.  Can't wait to see you next week!!!  Wheeee.

Damars, which concert?  Enjoy.

Working here today and through the weekend.  Then next weekend is Dinosaur with the ladies/A.

Went out with friends last night to our weekly run/drinks night, though no run for me (work.)  I realized I wont get to join again until the last week in December!!!  I will miss them, sorta...

I leave for my trip (Vietnam/Cambodia/Thailand) in 2 weeks.  Should be interesting, my FLIGHT leaves at 5:20am.  Wowza, early.  Woot woot though!!!!!  I was supposed to go with my Mom, but she FINALLY agreed to cancel yesterday and started the paperwork, we had trip insurance.  She is in so much pain walking it would have been stupid of her to go.  I think it will be better without her honestly, I was scared she would try too hard, not be able to do much of anything, and get upset/depressed over it.  I'll meet people as we go, there are only 68 total on the trip.

Need to get a few long walks in before I go.  Should be interesting, my toe is a wee bit unhappy, perhaps slightly infected.  I have some antibiotics from when my hand was infected, anymore discharge I will start.  At least I have a doctors appointment next week for routine meds.

Ramble, Ramble.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Anonymous Guest

Another short run/achilles test this morning. So far so good. Storms here as the cold front moves through. I looked at the weather when I was drinking my coffee this morning, and it said the thunderstorms would start around 10 or 11. So I went out at 8. About halfway in, temps dropped about 15 degrees, the wind picked up, and it started spitting rain. I headed back home and got back about 10 minutes before a severe thunderstorm with hail. Whew! DH saw the earlier storm coming on the radar and texted me, but I didn't get a notification on my watch so didn't see that until I got back.

Margaret, Damaris, Susan, enjoy the day off.

Kathryn, what a cool trip you have coming up! I do not know many people that have gone to that area, but for those that have, I think they all rate it as a favorite place/trip.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Half Crazy K 2.0

No holiday for me, but I took the day off. My brain was fried after our Medicaid review earlier this week. Going through the records of 35 students to make sure every little detail is there is mind numbing. 7 miles on the treadmill + strength training. Now waiting for DH's friends who are coming for the weekend. Hopefully the one will sleep in the actual guest room as opposed to the gym.

GatbsyBird, enjoy your cruise. The meal would be lost on me (and probably lost). Me & boats don't get along.

Docket, sucks you didn't sleep as much as you wanted. I got worked up by DH's alarm at 6:45 and 7:15. This is why I started running before work when I wfh. the multiple alarms make me crazy.

KatS, that is usually my reminder of holidays--hardly any traffic. We have a lot of federal employees around here.

AnonymousGuest, glad you got hom before the hail. I've had that happen where DH texts because of a storm. Last time I didn't respond because I was doing my best to get home ASAP.

LC Runs

TGIF and Happy Veterans Day!

3.6 miles this morning and a lower body workout. I do not have today off, but it has been quiet and I'm hoping it stays that way!

Nothing exciting planned here for the weekend. It's supposed to cool off (downright cold overnight) but I have thoroughly enjoyed the fall weather we've been having - it was about 75 degrees yesterday!

Margaret - sounds like a great day, hope you and your Dad have a great time!

Damaris - have a good run and enjoy the concert!

Kat - the trip sounds awesome!!

Karen - glad the achilles is feeling okay and yikes on the storm!!

Kathi - nice TM run! Oh, I can imagine about the Medicaid review....

Great trip today.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR