Womens Running

Is it Wednesday? (Read 11 times)

Anonymous Guest

After almost three weeks straight camping, no e of us k ow what day it is anymore.

Rest day here after 5 straight days of running. We are heading to a KOA so we can do some laundry and take real showers, then off to a weekend get together tomorrow at Estes Park. Then back for van repair, a quick stop in Pagosa and back to TX.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Yup it's Wednesday

It's likely a rest day today. Still debating on that.

I feel like I've been productive though. I made veggie broth and then made my first attempt ever at roasted butternut squash soup. I hope it tastes ok. It smells good at least.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I went to the office for my paralegal retirement lunch and now at the dentist. I have 6 with 10 X 1 mins hard tonight.

The DOJ announced their new telework policy and suffice it to say I’ll be applying to the agencies that have remote positions. Starting with the one that is closing later next week.

Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Been stressed at work.  Ugh.  Thinking of hiring a life coach to figure out how to navigate my frustrations over work and desires to quit.  Like many of us!!!   Woman is a veterinarian!!  We’ll see. 

6 tonight after work.  Motivation is loooow.  

So I signed up nearly a month ago for Dark Anchor and immediately asked for ONE day off for the race.  Still haven’t heard.  Asked last week and  boss said she wanted to check with the area manager.  Ok.  Still haven’t heard.  Today Southwest had a wicked sale on the flight.  When I first signed up the flight was about $335.  Went up to $445.  Today it dropped to $245.  So I bought it hoping.  Kinda frustrating.  I have FOUR months notice for ONE day.  We have open PTO so it’s kinda nebulous how many days are acceptable.   Basically she said when hired as long as it’s within reason, it should be ok.  I’m bitchy.  

Hi to all.  

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Half Crazy K 2.0

There's been a strange bright objet in the sky today. Not sure what it is, haven't seen it in a while. 4.6 miles before work with some strides.

AnonymousGuest, that's a long time to be camping & in such close quarters!

BerthaSlayer, the soup sounds good.

Docket, so is it just your current location that is being a pain in the ass about wfh?

KatS, that's really annoying that 1 day can't be approved in a timely manner.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nationwide. DOJ was 1 day a week (while they told us they were 3 and fucked us up in 2022). Now all DOJ and components (per the AG memo - thanks Biden, sigh) put the whole agencies at 3 days a week. So, ours said oh, we are already doing that. Sorry you didn't get what you want it but we're mimicking them. And before, the people on AWS (compressed schedule) couldn't do 2 days a week the week of their day off). Now that's the only concession this time around for us. We did hundreds of focus groups earlier this year where 99.9% of the people (100% of the attorneys) advocated for one more day of WFH a week. To us, this is a slap in the face.

Damaris

Blah work day, easy 4 miles after work.  I can feel something's not quite right in the left foot where I had the tendonitis.  Not sure if it's still healing or if I need some sort of rehab.  I'm due for an annual check up with my primary care doctor.  Maybe I'll make an appointment and ask her about a referral to PT or something.

Karen, that's a lot of time in the van, good thing you like it.

Lori, good job on being productive.

Damaris, annoying that they're limiting WFH.  Good luck with other opportunities.

Kat, ugh on the work issues.  Hard to see why it's be so difficult to approve one day off in January.  Nice job scoring cheap airfare.

HCK, yay for some sunshine.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR