Womens Running

Frolicsome Friday (Over 40) (Read 22 times)

Anonymous Guest

Had a wonderful run this afternoon - 12 with 9 at tempo. I was a little worried and anxious about it because it was this run last week (11 with 8 at tempo) that was such a huge fail and I had to cut short. No problems this afternoon, I am happy to report.

Did about 2 days worth of work this morning, then the run, 3 loads of laundry and a trip to the grocery store this afternoon. I am beat, but still have to make dinner, so off I go. I wish I could make it while sitting down!

Hi to all,

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Linda

Karen:  8 miles at tempo is fantastic.  congrats on a nice training run

Tessa:  I hope the singing went well.

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

I got out in the early cold this morning for 5 miles. Tomorrow the whole family is doing a 5K - DS1, DS2 and I will run it and DH and DS3 will jog/walk it. It's a fundraiser for a foundation that a neighborhood family started after losing their daughter to neuroblastoma. It's a great cause, and lots of folks we know from school/the neighborhood do it, so it's fun.

Camille - I've been meaning to answer your question about whether the Tar Heel 10-miler is hilly. The majority of the course is not bad, with rolling hills, but yes, Laurel Hill is a real bear. Especially coming so late in the race. Will you be in Chapel Hill on Friday? I would love to meet!

Tessa - you sound just like me, singing-wise. There are times when I think I should probably be an alto, but I would struggle with harmony as well. We were at church this evening as well - no anthem for the choir, but I was one of the scripture readers.

Lisa - enjoy your trip and the FE with Camille!

Julie - you probably won't read this before your race, but good luck! Can't wait to read about it.

Laura - my kids are out of school next week as well, although DS1 will need to work on his Egyptfest project.

Linda - good to hear from you! I've been keeping up with everyone, but really haven't been posting.

Marjorie - oooo, I'm jealous of the new iPad. We don't have one, and as much as I would like one, I know it would be one more thing I would have to monitor my kids on.

Ginny - how nice that you'll have everyone at your house for Easter. My parents were supposed to come for a visit, but my mom hasn't been feeling well so they wound up not making the drive.

Crazysue - did you get to shop for something fun?

Damaris - glad the kitty is feeling better.

Carol - yay for great runs!

Karen - glad the tempo run went well. It can be such a confidence boost. We'll keep our eye out tomorrow for Richard!

Off to bed. DH and I are embroiled in a (blessedly rare) ongoing disagreement, and I didn't sleep well last night. Happy Easter everyone-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2