Womens Running

TIME FOR THURSDAY DIVAS (Read 15 times)

SassySparky

OWR - well they are CERTAINLY hot, but I contest that one can never be TOO hot.

So I just dripped a caustic chemical (phenol) on my foot. I'm wearing flats so the top of my foot is exposed. I didn't realize it for 30 minutes, until my foot started burning and itching.  I washed it with soap and water and now it's starting to feel better and actually looks worse from rubbing it with a soapy towel than the actual spot where the chemical dripped. I also realized this morning that an experiment I did earlier in the week didn't work because I ordered the wrong version of something for it. D'OH. I am having the worst week in the lab. I also started a nasty fight with Big D yesterday because apparently I needed someone to yell at. We're over it and everything's fine, but apparently my running and ST are not enough of a stress relief for me at this point. I don't know what else to do!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

lizo_77

ladies, thanks for all the tips!! I'm making  a list now... one or two of these totally should work.

MA: yay for a good run yesterday!

po: I love the colors you're proposing! good luck with the paint job!

outwest: enjoy the break while it lasts and good luck with the craziness next week!

norcal: good luck with the interview!

ok. gotta go.

outwestrunner

Sassy - Sorry you're having such a hard time right now. I'm kind of there myself, but I"m also drinking beer and eating like crap, and it's not a long-term solution.

SassySparky

OWR - I go the opposite way when i'm stressed out - I start being really restrictive about diet and exercise because I feel like it's the only thing I have any control over. So I dont restrict calories, but I absolutely have to log everything and get to almost the exact number for the day. Yes. I'm completely aware of how crazy that sounds.

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

outwestrunner

Sassy - I do that, too. I did that a lot right after ex-DBF left. Depends on the stress, I guess.

NorCal

Sassy/OWR- I do the over-eating thing when stressed out too. And lots of wine!

My interview went well! It lasted 1 hour and 10 minutes! The lady was super nice and I'm feeling really hopeful!

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34