Womens Running

FUN ON FRIDAY DIVAS! (Read 19 times)

OJewel

Hi girls, post!

OJewel

RR- did a Jillian michaels 20 minute workout. 16 miles tomorrow!

NRR- nothing really. DBF is doing overtime so hell be asleep when I get back from work, so I'm planning on just picking up the house a bit and probably heading to bed early myself. February was not the greatest month at work but I hope we can make up for it this month.  Can't believe it's March already!! Time is flying. gotta run, I didn't buy my March train pass yet so I need to do that! Weighed myself this morning, not what I wanted to see, but being back on MFP will change that I hope.

Have a great day!

SassySparky

Hey ladies!

Jewel - I hope the first day of March is good at work!

RR: Did 3 miles on the TM. My joints are a little achy today, I think it's the burpees to be honest! I have to decide if I'm going to continue past 50 (we're on day 45). I will do those tonight after work! That being said ... I think I might be starting to see a difference in my booty area (I've also been eating a little better and doing lower body ST once a week).

NRR: Finally Friday! I don't have any plans after work, or for the weekend, really. I'm gonna try and get a hair appointment, my hair is driving me nuts lately and I realized I haven't had a cut since November.

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

RunLikeTheWind23

Morning Ladies. TGIF!

RR: 3 miles on the TM after work

NRR: UGH. Ever have one of those days where you want to tell a coworker, "JUST SHUT THE F UP?" I'm having one of those days! I have this coworker who drives me INSANE! But I'm too nice to tell her, "Lady, I'm NOT your therapist. I don't want to hear about your failing marriage, your brainiac daughter, your arguments with come of our coworkers." I have work to do. I don't think she has very many friends and she is very needy. But she is so super annoying! UGH. Okay, rant over.

I'm happy to report that I am feeling 100% better! Smile I'm so looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow and having a relaxing morning. I have to get to the laundromat tomorrow as well. Lots of "life maintenance" chores on the list for the weekend.

No time for personals, but I hope that everyone has a great day!

taylorma1

Morning ladies

Jewel-hope this next month is better at work

Sassy-great job with the running, burpees, and the healthy eating! I think i will make a goal for myself that I will eat better this coming month and do ST more

RLTW-sorry about the annoying co-worker. Glad you are feeling tons better!

RR: tried for a 6 miler, but less than half mile in, I tripped on some ice and rolled my ankle pretty bad. So working out for today is a bust Sad I am gonna ice it today and hopefully feel better to run tomorrow

NRR: having some tough times with DBF now. I think everything is ok (I hope at least) but some talks will need to happen this weekend about things

OJewel

Hi again ladies. Its freezing in my office, brr.

Taylor - Hope things work out with DBF. Talking them out sounds like a good plan. I hope your ankle is ok! Do you have a spring marathon planned?

RLTW - LOL, I totally know what you mean about over sharing at work. Its exhausting. I need to do laundry this weekend as well!

Sassy - I can't believe youve done all those burpees, I'm so impressed! I need a haircut too, I hope you can get in for one. THey always make me feel like a new person Smile

athenaofamerica

Hi DIVAs!

I'm so sporadic about posting! Hope y'all had a great week!

RR - 4 miles yesterday! Tonight is XT, so maybe some Jillian Michaels? I'm thinking No More Trouble Zones sounds like a BLAST! LOL!

DR - I passed assessments! I'll be playing on our "B" team this year. First bout is March 30!

NRR - All is finally back to normal in our house! Nobody is sick, injured, or otherwise set back. DF is training for a 10K on April 13 and I'm training for SFM on June 16.

Jewel - Did you do 30-Day Shred or Ripped in 30? I just got Ripped and really like it! 6 Week 6 Pack is good, too. I'm kind of back on MFP, even though I'm mainly doing WW. I was surprised to see that my points for the day only came out to about 1400 calories!

Sparky - Are you doing the burpees all at once or in sets of 10? I find them more manageable if I do them in sets throughout a workout or even over a period of an hour or so. I had to catch up on days 40-44 and ended up doing 170 yesterday. It sucked, but none of them really hurt too much because I did them pretty much all day. (Yes, even at work - in the ladies' room, no less. LOL!)

RLTW - I have those days all the time! Haha! So glad you are feeling back to normal!!!

Taylor - So sorry to hear about your ankle AND the troubles with DBF. Hopefully RICE and good communication help out with both.

I'll try to check back in later. Have a fantastic Friday!

San Francisco Marathon (Worth the Hurt™), June 16

Napa Valley Inline Marathon, July 14

MA runner girl

Hi girls! Late this morning due to a midwife appt. Just reposting my preggo post because I need to get to work!! So just go past the PGR parts if you don't care Wink

RR: 3 miles tonight I think! Nothing yesterday.

PGR: 36w5d. SO close to full term! Yikes. Midwife appt was fine this morning. I lost almost a pound, but I'm measuring 39 cm now... YEEESH! So seems like increasing my water and protein intake helped bring the swelling down since obviously some weight moved to my belly - I had gained 7 pounds in 2 weeks at my last appt. She doesn't think he's fully dropped though... even with my insane bladder pressure. Uhhh what will it feel like when he is completely dropped!?!? Sasha reminded me to say that I tested neg for strep b too, that's a relief!

PGR2: I had a bit of a freak out last night. I feel like we still have a lot to do: find a pediatrician (the midwife said NO to the group I was thinking about, she used to work there, so have to start from scratch....), get the carseat installed/inspected, pack hospital bag, plus I haven't done our taxes, or even organized paperwork/mail in about 2 months... DH tried to calm me down but it didn't really work and I ended up not being able to sleep. It was the first night that I had insomnia all pregnancy! I finally got out of bed at midnight because I was driving DH insane. I moved to the couch and woke up there around 3 and moved back to bed. I'm so tired this morning...

NPGR: I'm in the office today. Haven't been in on a Friday in MONTHS, but my laptop is being upgraded to Windows 7 this weekend so I had to come in. I could really use a day off, but I really want to save my PTO for leave. I don't think I've ever gone this long without a PTO day (Dec 31st was my last). Oh well, 3 weeks of work left at the most!!! After work I need to go shopping for and make a raffle basket for my SIL's Jack and Jill tomorrow night. I'm making a baking basket. Tomorrow should be a really long day. We are meeting at the hall to decorate at 2 and the party goes until midnight. I think everyone will understand if I don't stay that long though...

Have a fab day!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

SassySparky

athena- yep i'm separating them in sets of 10. Any kind of plyometric exercises are hard on me, always have been. I just have to be careful.

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

outwestrunner

Morning, ladies..

RR: Supposed to run today, we'll see if I get to it.

NRR: Working from home for a few hours, then running some errands. Rough night last night, rough couple of days ahead.. Making R his favorite dinner tonight before he leaves tomorrow.  Le sigh.

Jewel - I'm with you, wow, March already? February going so quickly was always cool when I got paid at the end of the month, but dang.

Sassy - You're doing the jumps at the end, right? maybe that's the problem? I'm jumping back into plank and then back into squat, and am not having too bad a problem.

RLTW - Hang in there with the coworker. It is really hard to grin and bear it.

Taylor - Ack! Sorry to hear about your ankle!!  Such harsh words about winter, though  Wink

Athena - Congrats on passing assessments last night!!

MA - Sorry about the insomnia..will you be able to tackle any of that soon?  and welcome to the world of Windows 7! Guaranteed to be life-changing. Joking

melrunner

Morning girls!

Jewel, enjoy your long run tomorrow! Is your daddy ruNnig it too??

Sassy loved the newest photos of G! His corduroys are adorable! Is he about to walk??

Athena how's the weight loss?? Is the wedding this fall??

taylor ouch on your ankle! I heard you had pretty rouGh weather hope things with DBF get better this weekend.

OWR hugs dear why not look for a new race to sign up to keep your mind busy?

MA wow in having the same stressors with the wedding glad you had a good appointment today!!

PO had a good surgery. She texted me and she's home resting.

Mom still here so we are doing more wedding stuff. She wants me to go over my registry once again to make sure I truly have what we need and not things to add just to add...

I have to finalize details on kiddo outfits today and do some other planning with mom and in law this weekend.

have a great day!!

athenaofamerica

OWR - Thanks! Smile

Meli - It's going well, I'm down 12.8 lbs! Weigh-in is tomorrow. I have been measuring every 4 weeks, so I have another week before I can check that progress. I lost 1.75" off my hips, 1.5" off my waist and chest, 1.25" off my arms, and 0.5" off my thighs in the first 4 weeks. And yes, the wedding is September 13!

Sparky - I'm with you on separating them into 10s! It makes my knees feel better too.

San Francisco Marathon (Worth the Hurt™), June 16

Napa Valley Inline Marathon, July 14

NorCal

Morning Ladies!

Happy Friday!

RR. First week of running 4x/week starts this week. So I'm doing 3 miles after work. I had a good 6 miler yesterday. 15 this weekend, super nervous as this really puts me outside of my comfort zone!

NRR. Working this morning! Friends invited me out tonight, but I've been fighting a cold all week so I'm going to pass and stay home and relax. Tomorrow night, going to see Silver Linings Playbook with DH and some friends! Yay! I think I'm going to see the acupuncturist after work today to work on my immune system.

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

MA runner girl

Jewel - Good luck with 16 tomorrow! I don't blame you for wanting to take it easy tonight, I wish I had nothing to do. I hope March is a better month for you.

Sassy - I need a haircut too, it's grown like a weed! Enjoy your weekend without many plans. Sounds nice! Awesome that you are starting to see changes in your body!

RLTW - Ha, I have 2 EXTREMELY annoying coworkers. I have to learn to let them not bother me so much. So I know how you feel. I'm SO SO SO glad to hear you are feeling better. Hugs!

Taylor - UGH. I'm so sorry to hear about the ankle! I too cannot wait for winter to be over. I hope you and DBF can have a good talk this weekend and work things out. Hugs!

Athena - Hey girl! Good to see you. Wow, you have 1400 calories at 6'??? That's crazy and doesn't sound right! I'm usually around there too when I'm trying to lose weight, but I'm only 5'5!

Outwest - Sending you postive vibes! I'll be thinking of you the next few days. It has to be hard to watch R pack up. I am going to have to be productive here for the next few days. I don't want to keep stressing! I'm kinda nervous for Windows 7 to be honest. I've been in XP and more importantly Microsoft 2003 since I started my job, so I'm really proficient. Not looking forward to figuring out everything all over again!

Meli - I suppose any life event is going to cause those kinds of stressors! I hope you can feel calmer soon too. Good luck getting stuff done. Hugs!

MA runner girl

NC - Hope you feel better, good call keeping your germs to yourself Wink Good luck with the 15! I find it easier to split up the runs mentally once they get to that point. So think of it was three 5 mile runs. It helps!