Womens Running

Whatcha Got For the Weekendailies (Read 11 times)

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Hope some fun stuff for y'all.

Post 'Em!

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Work today/tomorrow.  RD today, short run/walk tomorrow.  Got 5 walking miles in yesterday afternoon.  Been down, so a positive walk did wonders.

K

Anonymous Guest

I had a miserable run yesterday. Stomach issues, stamina/endurance issues, bad attitude issues. And when it's cloudy and spitting rain, going upwind sucks even if it's only 10 mph. So frustrating. I should be happy I can run without any pain, but I'm impatient I guess, that my comeback is slower because I didn't have much of a base to begin with.

Okay, enough of that. No real plans for the weekend, I like doing stuff during the week without all the extra people around!

Kathryn, glad you had a good walk yesterday.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

I was going to join a Trail Sisters run in Marin this morning but I couldn't sleep last night and didn't want to get up at 5:30 am.  So I turned off the alarm.  Having coffee now, will go out for 14-15 in a few.  Might drive up Marin to run anyway, since I'm going to visit my dad this weekend anyway and why not run somewhere different.  Chilly here, upper 30s, but sunny. Cold rain tomorrow.

Karen, sorry for the cruddy run.  You'll get back to where you were, just takes a little time.  Still frustrating in the meantime, I know.

Kat, nice miles yesterday.  Hope work isn't too bad today.

Hi to everyone else!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have either my RD or 10.

Kat, enjoy the rest.

Karen, don't get frustrated; it will come back!

Margaret, hoping you can get some sleep tonight.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

My run today felt much better. Of course, it was much shorter, but at least I had a run that felt good.

Half Crazy K 2.0

3.5 miles this morning with some strides. Got a little snow today, not sure it was enough to be measurable.

KatS, nicce job on the 5.

AnonymousGuest, I can definitely understand doing stuff during the week instead of on the weekend. I went over to big box store hell this afternoon. So many people. I think I got to MOM just before a huge rush of people came, I was walking out when tons were walking in.

GatsbyBird, makes sense to not get up that early when you didn't sleep well.

Docket, enjoy whichever option you chose.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

OMG, Whoa Boy Howdy, and WTF!  Were we B.U.S.Y.  And we were all grumpy over it.  We ran out of vaccines and syringes among other things.  They brought us more supplies and nearly ran out of stuff again...  My legs are trashed from standing and running back and forth all day, barely sat down.    In 7 hours we grossed over $10K.  Lordy lordy.  I struggled just walking at the grocery store.

I am hoping I can get up a bit early and get my 3 miles in tomorrow BEFORE work.  New site, they think we will be slow.

Karen, bummer on the crap run yesterday, but glad it went well today, shorter or not, it was a win.

Margaret, did you heard to Marin?  Hope your miles were good.  Hope your dad is well.  Sleep better tonight!!!

Damaris, always laugh at your workout choices - RD or 10.  So different!!!

Kathi, MOM?  Sounds like your morning run was good.  I tried strides for the first time recently, kinda fun, kinda not.  But then my strides are a wee bit slower than most.

Adios for the night.

K

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

3 semi-decent miles this morning.  The running felt a bit better, though was generally a bit downhill.  Take what ya get!!

Enjoy your Sunday, off to work here after a shower.

K

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Ran 18 miles today. Longest run in forever. I've only been running 4 days per week with half being a long run. It's not ideal but I hope it will be enough to get me to the finish line.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Half Crazy K 2.0

10 with 5 at marathon effort. Whole thing was a struggle.

KatS, nice runn. I hear you on downhills, I am almost always in the second part of my long runs since it is downhill. MOM is My Organic Market. I just looked, I thought they were national, but are more Mid Atlantic/northeast. I go for their bulk foods because it is the only place I can fnd oat bran. It's like a Whole Foods minus the prepared foods and bakery.

BerthaSlaayer, 4 days is better than no days.

Anonymous Guest

Just 4 for me today. A front is coming through this afternoon, so I got out this morning while it was calm and cool and foggy. This time it's south winds, so instead of cooling us down, it's going to get us back into the 80s for the next few days.

Margaret, nice running this weekend. Hope all is well and enjoyable with your dad. You are lucky he's close enough that you can go up and see him so often.

Damaris, RD or 10......so whichever you didn't do yesterday, I'm guessing you'll do today.

HCK, MOM sounded familiar but I couldn't place it. Now I remember. Nice run today, 10 w/ 5 at marathon pace ain't easy! Right now, 10 not at marathon pace is hard enough of rme.

Kathryn, way to go getting out there this morning! After being so slammed yesterday, it had to be tempting to just roll over and stay in bed for a little while instead.

Lori, way to go on the 18! I am struggling so much with long runs, I will have to summon my inner Lori.

My beginner 5k group training starts this coming week! First meetup is Thursday evening. I think the guy in charge said it will just be a short (1/2 mile or mile) time trial, so for me will probably mostly be standing around and taking times or encouraging people. I am excited, I think we might actually have a decent-sized group. Also this week, I'm going to sign my mom and I up for the 5k in my hometown. I'm not sure she's 100% on board, but she will be! It's Mother's Day weekend, so it will be nice to be home for that too.

I did drive up to Marin for my run yesterday, 15 miles.  As nice as it is here in HMB, running in the same place all the time still gets old and the change of scenery was welcome.  Another 8.6 today with intervals and leg strength work.  Got it done before the cold rain started!

Karen, yay for a 5k training group!  The 5k with your mom sounds nice, especially since it coincides with Mother's Day weekend.  My dad's legs are weak and we worry about him being on his own, so I'm glad to be close enough to check on him regularly.  My brother is only 10 minutes away and stops by a couple times a week.

Kat ugh on the super busy day at work yesterday.  Nice miles this morning!

Lori, nice 18!  Maybe not the ideal training plan but better than not training.

HCK, we don't have MOM here, but it sounds like other small organic chain stores in this area like Nugget and New Leaf.  Nice miles even if it was not fun.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR