Womens Running

Fridailies----national coffee day (Read 11 times)

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I'll drink to that!

Rest day today in all likelihood. I'm presently attempting to make a pumpkin bread. It's baking now. Honestly I don't think I made it correctly so only time will tell.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Happy Friday!  Sadly, no milk with the coffee this morning since it apparently went bad over night.  I also woke up to the news that Dianne Feinstein died at age 90, still serving as a senator.  I can't imagine liking a job so much that I would not retire.  Or maybe it was hard to give up the power and privileges.  I went to high school with her step-daughter but we did not hang out.

Working today.  Will do a short run this afternoon.  Taking my dad to a Cal Bears football game tomorrow.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

KATS, do you get rabies shots because you are a vet, travel areas or both? I can see where vets would really need the protection. 

I've been doing an average of 35 minutes on the TM 5 days a week. The bunion foot is tolerating that usually. Sometimes I need to ice it. I wrap the 2nd toe to the 3rd. The new Adrenalines in wide are working very well. Actually, I think Brooks makes them in an extra wide as well. Who knew? 

DC and I have been doing some of our county's Fall hikes. We have 4 of the 8 done so far. Our reward is a little decorated metal shield to affix to our hiking sticks if we desire. I display mine in a box. It's a great exercise program. The first time we did it we were given a hiking stick.

Flu shot this Sunday. 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Morning!

Lori, hope the pumpkin bread is yummy!!!  I love zucchini bread, but haven't made it is eons.

Margaret, no milk?  No.  I couldn't imagine working till 90.  Hell, I can't imagine working till 60, but I will have to suffer through it.

Judy, yes, rabies is recommended for vets, especially in TX as we have rabies down here.  Great on the hikes!!

Today is an unscheduled RD, my Achilles is sore.  I'll gimp around on it, if it is better later, perhaps a shorter afternoon stroll.

Lisa/A booked their flights here for Bandera in Jan.  The Southwest deal is phenomenal right now.  Looking forward to seeing them.  I'll volunteer Sat while Lisa runs, not sure if A will too or hang out.  Not sure if Lisa wants to volunteer Sunday while A runs.  It is a fun race to help out at.  I booked the dogs a boarding getaway.  They're too much for company.  My little monster will stay at home though.  He isn't too bad.

Working all weekend.  Ugh.  $$$.  Spain is coming up...

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Half Crazy K 2.0

Another dreary day. 7 on the treadmill before work with some intervals.

BerthaSkayerr, hope the pumpkin bread turns out. Sounds good!

GatsbyBird, ick, I poured sour milk into coffee so many times when DH and I were dating and I would periodically go back to the townhouse I rented, Fake milks (soy or almond) seem to last longer than cow. Plius, after having so many cups of sour coffee, I swear any milk smells sour. I swear the politicans don't want to give up power. A house rep in the district south of me died in office a few years ago. I think he spent more time at Johns Hopkins Hospital in his final term (although I guess you could argue it was in his district) than he did in Congress. Personally, I think they should be held to the laws the wrote--if FMLA says you get 12 weeks, after you miss 12 weeks in a 12 month period, your job is not held and a special election is held. That said, the special election got us a total whack nut Republican who I think is now in my district and is probably going to run in 2024. She got trounced when she ran and had all sorts of conspiracy theories--something about the governor (Republican, but probably equally liked by the Democrats) paying homeless to vote democrat. She is also a total Trump loyalist.

judyruns, ,the county park hikes sound neat. I don;t know if you get anything, but Maryland has done an ice cream "trail" in the state. I mean, you get to sample ice cream from local places, so that's a win.

KatS, is the rabies in domestic animals? Yikes.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Update on the pumpkin bread.... Although I did the toothpick test it was slightly undercooked. Otherwise it tasted fine. I'd make it again.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Anonymous Guest

8.5 miles this morning. Estes Park - first time here and I am in love. What a cute and cool little town. We're staying on a private ranch about a mile outside of town, so easy to run or ride bikes in. Riverwalk with restaurants, coffee shops, and shopping; a beautiful lake with a 4 mile path around it. There are elk everywhere. Three times in my 8.5 miles I had to stop and change my route because of the elk. This is the path around the lake I was running on - luckily there was a parking area right there I could get off the path and wait for them to walk through.

The dogs are exhausted from all the camping fun the last few weeks. Several of their dog friends are here, so yesterday was exciting and full of playing for them. They are supposed to be on leashes because it's a working ranch, but yesterday we had to let a group of six all play for a bit before leashing them back up.

We are here until Sunday, then we drive back to Montrose for the last of the van repairs. They say they can't get us in until Wednesday, but will let us know if they have time sooner, so we're going to go there and just hang out. Plus our van is really sounding bad, and we don't want to drive it any more than we have to. After that, a quick stop at our place in Pagosa to pack everything up (and maybe get in one or two last runs), then home to Texas.

I do not understand the politicians who feel like they need to work into their 80s and 90s. I guess it's the power? McConnell, Pelosi, Biden, Trump, probably a half dozen others all need to just go and enjoy their retirement.

Time for lunch, no wonder I'm hungry. Gonna post and run (and go eat) - hi to all!!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Evening! Spent most of the day driving here and there. Then Pilates and then my paralegal’s retirement party at her house. Finally home. Oh and I had to work a bit in preparation of our fiscal year and shutdown.

Karen, right? The old white men need to retire already. It would be better for us working in the government if they do.

Damaris

Evening! Spent most of the day driving here and there. Then Pilates and then my paralegal’s retirement party at her house. Finally home. Oh and I had to work a bit in preparation of our fiscal year and shutdown.

We had an all-hands meeting today about a potential shutdown.  If funding is not resolved by midnight tomorrow, we get a short window of time on Monday to get things in order before we're furloughed.  If it happens, next week is a good week for it as far as my workload is concerned.  Personally I wouldn't mind a couple days off.  I don't see a shutdown going on for very long, if it happens at all.  Although it appears that the Republicans shot themselves in the foot today, neither side is going to look good in the long run.

I skipped my run.  No energy for it... meetings, trying to get done what I could ahead of time, work drama...

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Most people are expecting the shutdown to last until Halloween or Thanksgiving, though. And with the idiots currently being idiots, who knows.

I am on leave on Monday. They told me to still take it.

Damaris