Womens Running

What's Up Wednesday?? (Read 19 times)

Nothing.  It's raining here, Cissy didn't feel good so I hit the snooze.

Have a great Wednesday!!

dhuffman63

Trails

Tessa yes it was the same one you did a few years back.  I tried to do the one there twice in March- 2018 the 30mph head winds were killing my back and I dropped at 24; 2019 it was below freezing and snowing at the start and I DNS'd.  So third time was the charm.

I'm glad you and family are ok so far.  I grew up in FL during the fires and we had one come just across the road from the house, fire scares me.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 8 miles but we will see.  I missed a step at the restaurant I was (hard to see the step, I would say) and fell.  My scab was torn off by my jeans, I hit my nose and I was fine except drops of blood started falling from the nose and the manager freaked the fuck out.  Anyway, my knee is back to bloody (and raw), my other leg is scratched, etc.  I was scared for a minute last night since i hit my nose and a bit of the head but there is nothing there.  I'll be fine but WHAT THE FUCK.  I need to stop tripping.

Damaris

Arimathea

Tessa

No run this morning. I got up at 4 and had to head out to position my car for class tonight. Wind was howling from about midnight onwards. Areas east of us lost power earlier, ours went off at 5 AM per RN who was out with her dogs when the streetlights went out.

Diane, I think that race is much better in October than in March. It was very pleasant out there in autumn. I imagine it is not fun with sleet and wind and no shelter to speak of.

Fire scares all of us with any sense, I think. I appreciate its many uses but I also worry about it.

Damaris-so much tripping isn't good unless you're at Woodstock.

Tessa-thanks for the RR. what difference did it make that it was raining? were you tipping head back and drinking the rain? LOL Hope knee feels okay.

Sue-snoozing sounds good.

Diane-third time was the charm!

Got home at midnight so slept until I had to head to work. DD is here from Miami and we are planning trip to gym tonight so will get to workout a bit. Have lots of unpacking to do.

Lisa

Half Crazy K 2.0

Raining here too. 5 on the treadmill.

GAH, just saw my first Christmas ad of the season, never mind that it's not even Halloween. Watching the World Series, which is, unfortunately, on Fox.  Will not mention what other annoying ads I have seen, in the interest of not getting political or making anyone else want to barf.  All of which reminds me why I do not watch television normally.

Kat, Lisa, Tessa -- loved the RR yesterday!  I'm a maybe for JJ 2020.  Desert and heat do not agree with me...

DHuff, great you were able to get your race done even if training was not there.

Damaris, two words: bubble wrap.  I thought we already had this discussion?

HCK, CrazySue -- jealous of your rain.

No more power outages are expected, yay!  Winds have died down and the Kincade fire is about 30% contained.  Ran 4.6 yesterday and 8 today.  Good night, all!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR